Acorn Damage To Car

Old 10-26-2005, 01:25 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acorn Damage To Car

Ok at work I park my month old RL in the parking lot and at the end of the day I'm getting in as I notice atleast 7 dings on the roof and trunk. Hood was spared. Seems I parked under a 70 foot ACORN tree and the wind was blowing these acorns off the tree 70 feet down on to my and others cars all day.

Needless to say I was pissed what kind of idiot has a 70 foot acorn tree in the middle of a parking lot of a professional building. I called the owner up to complain he comes over and plays like its not his responsibilty. I'm thinking of filing a small claims case against him.

Took pics of the lot, tree, damage and some acorns for proof. My main reason for writing this is to warn people of allways be aware of where you park. We all know not to park next to a junker or too close to another car. But did you ever think of not parking under a tree which might have acorns. or a tree that has sap coming out of it.

To make a long story short my Damage has been fixed by a miracle worker. I had a dentwizard guy come out and after 2 hours of work he had the roof in pristine condition. I swear you could not tell there was a dent there. 8 dings repared for $175. Not sure its worth it now to sue.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about the trouble; however, I am glad it was repaired without too much trouble! I am curious as to what the damage looks like, would you mind posting the pictures? If you cannot host them, PM me and I will host them for you.

As far as getting the money back, personally I would go for it; however, don't invest a lot of time into it, but good luck!
Old 10-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Racer

After 5.5 years my S4 didn't have a single ding except a small one on top of the hood, probably put there by idiot mechanics. I always try to park in a right-most spot if I can and do other things to keep the car 'new'. Of course I'll be doing the same with the RL. Not too many oak trees here but it's good advise to keep an eye out for them. Of course here we have the dilemma of parking in the shade vs. risking sap etc. on your car.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Intermediate

will post some pictures when I get home but the dings don't show well because of the reflection off the painjob. Alos because I'm not a great photographer.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Advanced

Places like Dent Wizard actually massage the dent out from the inside. They use a tool that looks like a bent tip screwdriver. They can repair door dings the same way, although they slide the tool down between the window and door and there's potential for damage. In your case they removed the roof lining from inside the car. .

It's a fairly simple process that hard to mess up. I recommend the service over body work and repainting any day.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Instructor

I would sue all the local squirrels in the area in small claims court for that. They should have already removed all the accorns from that tree for winter.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Instructor

I think I need to switch to decaf now.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 10-29-2005, 04:28 AM
Instructor

Why does Raddocs post remind me of the case where the woman sued McDonalds because she spilled hot coffee on her lap?
Old 10-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Intermediate

I am not sueing anyone. But I did think of it. Not for monitary value but because there are many cars in this parking lot which are damaged. I am the medical director of the Radiology office in this building and I think our patients and staff deserve that when they park their car in the lot it isn't damaged by this tree.

The builders deciding to leave a 70 foot acorn bearing tree in the middle of the lot without care or thought of damaging peoples cars. They put 6-8 parking spots directly underneath the tree. When confroted with this the owners tell me it isn't their responsibility. Well I say yes it is either put up a sign that states your car may be damaged if you park here or make a non parking buffer under the tree.

We have sick and often elderly patients come to our office for Radiology Studies all day. What happens if one of them gets hit in the head with an acorn and gets hurt. Is it still an act of god. I have warned the owners that this is a plausable event and they may not have known this could happen but I made them aware and they have a responsibilty. An hour of my time is worth way more that $175 so there is no way I will sue. But I will write a official letter to the town and the owners.