Weather Tech mats over to new RDX

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Weather Tech mats over to new RDX

I had the "laser designed" mats in my '13 RDX and did some homework on Weather Tech's web site. The part # for the fronts are the same for '13's and the new '16 as I expected. Never checked the part #'s for the rear mat!

So, since I did not leave my Weather Techs in the '13....I placed the fronts in yesterday...and same fit...no issues.

Put the rear W.T.in....and...hmmmm???...why is it not fitting properly on the right side??
Bottom line....it will NOT. At least on the Advance model with the right seat being now an 8 way adjustable....and I don't know IF that is the reason, but, the seat track and the covering piece over it will not allow the W.T. mat to be "in place" properly. The mat sits "on top" of the rail protector and when the seat is moved back it directly impacts the mat. Nothing you can do. Unless you want to take some cutters and "remove" the affected area. I don't. All the rest fits perfectly except that one little area.

Don't know if this "style" of seat rail and cover are exactly the same on other versions or not. Told my dealer and he said that was good to know. They are passing the word.

There are a lot of 2nd Gen. owners buying the '16 it seems. Another '13 came in for a '16 Advance while I was picking mine up.

Funny little "short story. My new one was sitting right in front of the dealer entrance. We were sitting just inside the glass area looking out to the front. Lots of people there looking at vehicles. My closer....looked out and saw a family just ready to open the door to my newly purchased RDX....he quickly remembered it was still unlocked from earlier checking it out....he quickly grabbed the key fob....just as this guy was reaching for the door handle....and the "lock button" was hit. The system "beeps and lights flash"....you should have seen the guy jump!! I told my closer..."thank you"...no one gets to go through or even open my new car!! I had the only pearl white Advance there.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:29 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
That was nice little story . They should have locked the car earlier and put a "sold" sign as soon as the deal went through.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:08 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
That was nice little story . They should have locked the car earlier and put a "sold" sign as soon as the deal went through.

The "deal" between me and my GM was already "done" weeks ago. The RDX arrived about a week ago. It was kept from the public and keys put away from sales people.

It was unlocked because my wife and I had just walked away from it and were not totally done. It was being watched..trust me. We sat, all of us, at a table right next to the large front window...about 20 feet from the RDX....that, by the way, was just put there for our delivery that morning. Before that, it was inside the bldg, in a hidden area locked up. That better! I always make sure that once I notify to buy my vehicle is not allowed to be shown to anyone. But, this GM is outstanding. He doesn't need to be told these things. It was never shown, driven only for the PDI.