Price paid for '17 RDX basic AWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 08:28 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Price paid for '17 RDX basic AWD

hey all,

heading to dealership next saturday to purchase a brand new '17 rdx awd model basic(no added features). I live in philadelphia area, what price did you all pay out before taxes, tags and fees? And OTD price? The sales tax is 8% here in philly. My uncle will also purchase the same car awd basic model as well so in this case how much more of a discount should i aim for since we will be purchasing two vehicles? Me and my uncle will be putting down 10k$ and finance the rest. Need some car buying strategies that wprked for yall. Thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2017, 10:21 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Check out truecar website with your zipped. It will give the most recent prices paid in your region.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:36 PM
4th Gear

^ thanks, now does the true car value display the proice before taxes, fees and etc?
Old 03-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Stevelifts
hey all,

heading to dealership next saturday to purchase a brand new '17 rdx awd model basic(no added features). I live in philadelphia area, what price did you all pay out before taxes, tags and fees? And OTD price? The sales tax is 8% here in philly. My uncle will also purchase the same car awd basic model as well so in this case how much more of a discount should i aim for since we will be purchasing two vehicles? Me and my uncle will be putting down 10k$ and finance the rest. Need some car buying strategies that wprked for yall. Thanks in advance

I doubt a "twofer" will make much, or any, difference. The way they look at it it's two sales.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:17 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by dirleton
I doubt a "twofer" will make much, or any, difference. The way they look at it it's two sales.
You are partly right, but the dealer will be more willing to do a deal since it's two sales in one go. Just keep bargaining as regular but know that you have a slight upper hand when you are buying two cars. Just let the dealer know in advance that both of you guys will be doing the same deal together or none at all. (I've seen a few times when one person loses interest and buys another car model / make).
Old 03-19-2017, 11:22 PM
4th Gear

Been researching the MSRP around here is around 38100$ for this particular basic model AWD. The truecar.com fair market buying price is 35,500$. Im going to aim to purchase it for 35,000-35,600$ OTD when im at the dealership. Does this seem like a reasonable good deal?
Old 03-19-2017, 11:24 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

^ thanks, now does the true car value display the proice before taxes, fees and etc?
As far as I know, this is just the price of the car paid by the customer. This may include all accessories which he added as part of the deal. The documentation fee is a grey area which varies by state and may be included in the final price, but usually the taxes and registration are not.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:47 PM
4th Gear

^ i agree. As far as i know the truecar fair market price paid listed does not include tags, registration and tax. If that is the case then with a sales tax of 8% in philly(2800$ if the list price is 35k$) then i'll be paying about 37,500 OTD which seems high for a base model AWD. I really want to find out how much folks from philly and south jersey paid for this particular vehicle OTD
Old 03-20-2017, 12:02 AM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
As far as I know, this is just the price of the car paid by the customer. This may include all accessories which he added as part of the deal. The documentation fee is a grey area which varies by state and may be included in the final price, but usually the taxes and registration are not.

Doc fee won't be included as it is not considered to be part of the car price by the dealer (hence the "fee"). Always find out about it early and figure it in when negotiating. Penn caps fee at $112. It's only a grey area if you figure dealer profit padding to be a grey area. Some states require it be disclosed upfront but most dealers elsewhere spring it on you in the business office as if it's a legit fee.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:36 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
^ i agree. As far as i know the truecar fair market price paid listed does not include tags, registration and tax. If that is the case then with a sales tax of 8% in philly(2800$ if the list price is 35k$) then i'll be paying about 37,500 OTD which seems high for a base model AWD. I really want to find out how much folks from philly and south jersey paid for this particular vehicle OTD
Unless you get some folks to give this info on the forum, that data is hard to come by. As said previously, your best info is on Truecar. The other strategy is to contact several Acura dealers and make an offer for the exact car you want. One dealer may need to move more cars than another.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:06 PM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

That's about the price I paid for my car including destination. But the price is not comparable since it was in 2014, AWD tech model (which was the top trim available at that time) and location was WV.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:16 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Most don't include taxes in the price they paid as it isn't always directly comparable. For example - we were given $9k on a trade so the the taxable price of the new car was cut by $9k. I would suspect you will have a hard time trying to get $35k OTD as they would effectively be selling you the car for $32,500 or so. For another data point look at Cars for Sale - Buy a New or Used Car Online - CarsDirect. This will show what dealers are offering in your area. For a Philly zip code I put in, it showed a sales price of ~$36k(before TTL) which is $500 under invoice.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:10 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
our 17 RDX base model was 35950.- 7000 trade + 2830 in sales tax + 150 license in WA about 3 weeks ago

Last edited by srpuywa; 03-20-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:33 AM
Intermediate

Still some 2017 deals out there

Got the car mentioned by the OP, but added Acura Watch Plus.

MSRP 39,445

Price 32,353
TTL 284
Sales tax (thank you , NY for almost 9% tax!) 2790

Since Acura Watch Plus added 1300 to MSRP, I assume deleting it would get you an additional 800 - 1100 off.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by chickdr
The other strategy is to contact several Acura dealers and make an offer for the exact car you want. One dealer may need to move more cars than another.
This is often the best method if you have no history with a dealership. Get a pretty good idea from TrueCar and ask for their best offer....should be at the lower end of the TrueCar range. And I always make it clear to the dealers that I only want to hear an out the door number. All taxes, fees, etc in their best offer. I absolutely hate it when they toss out a number and then mention the 5 fees that are added on. Out the door is good b/c then you don't care how much they mark up on "dealer prep" and "regional adjustment". Have your financial loans pre approved, give them the exact car(s) you want with all options, etc, and ask for their best out the door number.

Good luck!