Owner's Manual and binder?

Old 02-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Owner's Manual and binder?

We recently picked up a used 2016 RDX Advance last week and there is no owner's manual or binder/folio in the glove box. We did get a maintenance journal, consumer information booklet and a owner's guide (approx 90 pages). I've looked on line and found multiple sites that allow you to download a 445 page PDF. For those who have bought 2016 or even 2017 RDXs brand new, did you get the larger owner's manual and / or any sort of folio with your purchase? As I stated above, I have found the manual on line, which is fine, but sometimes it is easier to have the manual in your lap when changing setting in your RDX vs. having your tablet or laptop with you. Anyone have a good source for buying a hard copy other than a dealer? Also as others have stated the hard plastic of the glove box lets you hear everything moving back and forth. Was thinking a "vinyl/leather/pleather" folio or binder might keep things a little quieter.
Thanks in adavance.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Try the Acura owner's site.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,236 Likes on 1,023 Posts
Not sure what you mean. I have already registered our new to us RDX on that site (along with our other Acuras). I know you can download the owners manual there. I wanted to know if original buyers are getting hard copies of the manual an something to put them in.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Inveterate Tinkerer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts
Nice Folder From Dealer Books From Acura

My Acura salesman provided a nice faux leather folder and the link for ordering hard copies of the manuals at Acura.com. As it happens, all the manuals fit neatly in that folder but are way too bulky for the glovebox. While the hard copies are nice, I've found it's more efficient to find the subject I want with a simple search in the online PDF version and then print the appropriate page(s). On the other hand, I searched and searched for a topic related to the nav unit and ended up coming to this forum for the answer.

Cheers
Old 02-12-2017, 05:04 PM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
Not sure what you mean. I have already registered our new to us RDX on that site (along with our other Acuras). I know you can download the owners manual there. I wanted to know if original buyers are getting hard copies of the manual an something to put them in.
There's an option in there somewhere to order hard copies (for free) of the owner's and nav manuals as well as the warranty booklet. Maybe only to first owner though.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Inveterate Tinkerer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts
My bride just reminded me, the owners manual/guide/nav manuals were all provided on a CD or DVD in that afore mentioned folder.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not sure if it was the same for the 2016 as the 2017, however I just picked up a 2017 RDX Elite. It did not come with a manual, rather it came with a CD for the manuals. I downloaded the Manual, User Guide and Nav manual form Acura. My 2014 RDX Tech came with the full hard copy manual that fit into the portfolio pack, and into the top slot in the glove box. Its so empty looking no w in the 2017
Old 02-13-2017, 10:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
While having a pdf on my iPad is more practical, I like having a binder / faux leather folder for the manual. It's also good for holding my insurance card and other car related info.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
My 2017 RDX, which I picked up in December, came with the leather portfolio, and in it the 2017 RDX Owner's Guide (151 pages), the 2017 RDX Maintenance Journal, the 2017 RDX Warranties booklet and the Consumer Information booklet (legal stuff), From Acura's web site, I saw where you could request other manuals (for free, for the original owner), and therefore ordered and received the 2017 RDX Owner's Manual (448 pages, with a /whole/ lot more than the Owner's Guide, like how to change light bulbs, filter, etc.) and a (GET THIS) 2017 RDX Navigation Manual (354 pages!!! - Methinks Acura has made the Nav/Sound system more complex than required, and the manual even more so!).

I've also downloaded PDFs of all of these, so have them inside on my computer when needed, which is very handy.

Search this Thread