Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just arrived - 2013 RDX AWD with Tech & roof rack, White

The following users liked this post:
ctsport (03-01-2013)
Old 04-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
Looks great in white, congrats!

Too bad white with ebony is n/a in the states.

Last edited by Gen4MDX; 04-29-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
arbiterlin.....Congrats on your purchase! It looks amazing and within a few days, mine will also arrive with the exact same features except for the roof rack. I am really looking forward to taking possession of it....after driving it, I am now convinced I made the right decision. Did you pay full retail for it? I see you are Canadian also by the metric speedometer. Did the dealer offer you any accessories?

Also...I noticed in your interior pics that your audio was displaying a DVD in the cd player. Was that a DVD-Audio? Do you have many titles?

Last edited by weather; 04-29-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by tsturbo
Too bad white with ebony is n/a in the states.
OMG....I am so glad this is not the case in Canada! It appears that our Canadian market is better as we have the HID and fog lights as standard features and do not require the Tech Package. Mind you, I know its already built into the price but not having the option to get an ebony with the White Diamond Pearl is bordering on criminal *lol*
Old 04-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Congrats! It looks very nice. I like the new RDX.

Question.. is that a subwoofer in the back? Is it protected by something??
Old 04-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Question.. is that a subwoofer in the back? Is it protected by something??
Yep, it is indeed the subwoofer. The speaker itself is protected by that plastic grille in front of it.
Rocket_man (05-01-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by weather
arbiterlin.....Congrats on your purchase! It looks amazing and within a few days, mine will also arrive with the exact same features except for the roof rack. I am really looking forward to taking possession of it....after driving it, I am now convinced I made the right decision. Did you pay full retail for it? I see you are Canadian also by the metric speedometer. Did the dealer offer you any accessories?

Also...I noticed in your interior pics that your audio was displaying a DVD in the cd player. Was that a DVD-Audio? Do you have many titles?
It is DVD audio~!!!

I got $1000 cash discount... nothing else...
Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by arbiterlin
It is DVD audio~!!!

I got $1000 cash discount... nothing else...
Cash discount or 1000$ rebate? I know its splitting hair but there is a difference...are you implying they gave you a 1000$ for doing your own financing or you meant they discounted the RDX by 1000$ off MSRP?

Its funny, for me, when I insert a DVD audio in the player of my TL, it reads DVD-A
Old 04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
10th Gear

Cash discount or 1000$ rebate? I know its splitting hair but there is a difference...are you implying they gave you a 1000$ for doing your own financing or you meant they discounted the RDX by 1000$ off MSRP?

Its funny, for me, when I insert a DVD audio in the player of my TL, it reads DVD-A
$1000 off MSRP...
weather (04-30-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Can't help but ask, what is that black thing sticking out of the lower front grill?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by arbiterlin

How do you like the ride????Curious about the road noise too compare to 1st gen RDX...BTW the color looks nice..
Old 04-30-2012, 07:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
Can't help but ask, what is that black thing sticking out of the lower front grill?
Not sure, but it could be the electrical plug in for cold climates.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by tsturbo
Not sure, but it could be the electrical plug in for cold climates.
That is EXACTLY what that is. Its called a Block Heater....a device that when plugged in, keeps your engine oil warmer and makes the car easier to start in the cold Canadian winter mornings

I am so envious of you guys....I wish I never saw another flake of snow in my life. I had a friend of mine who once told me his uncle was fed up with winter in Canada and decided to move to state. He loaded his truck with a snowblower in the back and said, the first one that asks me what the hell that device is, that will be where I live! *LMAO*
Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
That is EXACTLY what that is. Its called a Block Heater....a device that when plugged in, keeps your engine oil warmer and makes the car easier to start in the cold Canadian winter mornings

I am so envious of you guys....I wish I never saw another flake of snow in my life. I had a friend of mine who once told me his uncle was fed up with winter in Canada and decided to move to state. He loaded his truck with a snowblower in the back and said, the first one that asks me what the hell that device is, that will be where I live! *LMAO*
lol. I remember going to Calgary in August or September one year for work. I was there only a week or so, but they were telling me to run for my life back to Texas before the snows come in. Really beautiful area, though.

I remember reading some of these auto forums and seeing how people had sets of tires for different seasons and thinking "seriously?". When snow or ice happens around the DFW area, it's considered a city emergency. Of course I say that knowing we had something like 8-10 inches of snow a couple of winters ago and that is absolutely unheard of around these parts. And that was followed by a summer with some of the worst heat and drought recorded for the area.

This is one of the reasons I'm debating whether I really need AWD on this vehicle if I end up getting one.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
This is one of the reasons I'm debating whether I really need AWD on this vehicle if I end up getting one.
To be honest, AWD is a nice feature BUT if I lived in a climate where there is no snow, I would not get the AWD. If this was the SH-AWD, I would sing a different tune but the simpler AWD system on the RDX, not sure if this would be worth it in non winter regions. Now that is just me...I am sure alot would disagree with me but that is just me.

Now for the winter tires/rims....given the amount of salt they put on the road, alot of people opt to buy steel rims and winter tires to prevent damage to their original alloy rims. Its cheaper to mount/dismount in the fall and spring, and on top of that, it also reduces the potential damage to the rims by mounting/dismantling the tires from the rims back and forth
Old 04-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Now for the winter tires/rims....given the amount of salt they put on the road, alot of people opt to buy steel rims and winter tires to prevent damage to their original alloy rims. Its cheaper to mount/dismount in the fall and spring, and on top of that, it also reduces the potential damage to the rims by mounting/dismantling the tires from the rims back and forth
Yeah, when I first started reading "out of state" responses years ago (decades ago? lol), I had no idea people did this, but once someone told me about it, it was a lesson learned. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Looks good! I really like the rear of the new RDX.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The plug is a block heater that warms the coolant in the engine, not the oil. Like an electric kettle element. Of course, you can buy electric oil dipsticks or magnetic oil pan heaters for cars with no block heater.

My late father - in- law told stories of being up north in logging camps where you had to heat the propane tanks with torches in order to warm them to ignite! You always kept one indoors so that you could get everything going in the morning.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Hey weather.....I agree with you. If I was not in snow country, I would not need, nor buy the AWD model. Just not necessary. Although nothing like the SH-Awd system, the new one, taken from the '12 CRV...as you know...has been changed to where it does some extra rear bias "driving" without the fronts slipping or spinning under certain conditions. But, is that enough to want it in non snow country?? I dobut it.

Hey weather....give us some long lasting rain down here in Colorado Springs. The fires are devestating our beautiful lands and burning down many homes.
We are in a bad way right now. Over 1,000 firefighters here now from all over, and more are coming.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Hey....arbiterlin.....I've had a real issue with the Acura 5.1 surround sound issue/system. DVD-A's are almost non existent. Yes, somewhat available....but, not for what we would really need. They are/have been on the way out. We have no other way to truly enjoy the Surround Sound system...ELS...that's in the Acura's...TL's, MDX's, and the RDX. We've been kinda ripped off.

What's your take on that???

Thanks!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Colorado Guy...I can send you the rain we have been having for the last week! Funny that some parts of the country are starving for water, yet you look at what Florida received with the Tropical Storm! Now if I could control the weather, I'd have a garage full of vehicles OTHER than Acuras

With respect to the AWD....I know the new system is not as good as the SH-AWD for pure handling as it doesn't have the torque vectoring. The AWD on the 2013 RDX will still help a bit in wet conditions and not saying it would be totally useless but I know if I lived in a non snow country (nor planning on travelling in one), I would not get it.

I can already see the people asking me...then why did you get one if you don't drive yours in the Rain or Snow?! The answer: the ONLY model available in CANADA is the AWD. No FWD are available
Old 06-29-2012, 04:43 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

weather....I'm with you on this subject. On wet only streets, I'm sure the FWD would be just fine. But, actually, in certain wet conditions....some streets get slick...and the AWD would certainly help...in my opinion.... vs not having it. Can't hurt even though it's not the SH-Awd.

We are so dry here. Need water!! And Florida got MORE than they needed or wanted. Too bad.
It was right at 100 deg. today. Really rough for the firefighters. Trying to have some lightening in the area. NOT GOOD for the very dry forests. That's what has started many of our fires. The current one here....has not been determined what started it. There is a high level investigation going on....since we have at least one death so far and 365 homes burned down. Some video footage was presented by some bicyclists up on one of the mountains...and seems to show a fire starting up very quickly at the very time this whole thing started....and there was no lightening in the area at that time. Soooo.....it's really being looked at. IF if was arson....let me have him/her for awhile!! I'll see how much they really like fire!!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
weather....I'm with you on this subject. On wet only streets, I'm sure the FWD would be just fine. But, actually, in certain wet conditions....some streets get slick...and the AWD would certainly help...in my opinion.... vs not having it. Can't hurt even though it's not the SH-Awd.

We are so dry here. Need water!! And Florida got MORE than they needed or wanted. Too bad.
It was right at 100 deg. today. Really rough for the firefighters. Trying to have some lightening in the area. NOT GOOD for the very dry forests. That's what has started many of our fires. The current one here....has not been determined what started it. There is a high level investigation going on....since we have at least one death so far and 365 homes burned down. Some video footage was presented by some bicyclists up on one of the mountains...and seems to show a fire starting up very quickly at the very time this whole thing started....and there was no lightening in the area at that time. Soooo.....it's really being looked at. IF if was arson....let me have him/her for awhile!! I'll see how much they really like fire!!
Ditto Colorado Guy! We currently have six fires burning out of control here in Utah. I think all but two were "human caused". Interpret that as "idiot caused". We have a huge problem with fireworks here. July 4th and July 24th (Pioneer Day) when the Mormon settlers first arrived. I live in a vulnerable area and cringe on both "idiot days", watching for any sighns of smoke.

Regards, Jim
Old 06-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Suzuka Master

I feel the pain you guys are experiencing....sorry moderators, I know its a bit off topic but one can not be insensitive to the concerns of our fella Acurazine members. I really wish that mother nature could balance things out better. Here in Eastern Canada, we have been experiencing a week of rain, cloud and drizzle. It was sunny today but are experiencing a few thunderstorms with good rain as we speak. No risk of sparking a fire with the ground being as wet as it here now. I am hoping for you guys! Hang in there!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Thanks guys. Real smoky tonight. Wind shifted. Glad I have air cond. This house has been shut up for a week. Moderators...thanks for allowing us to throw in some personal issues. My fire here is the worst in Colorado history. Now 2 deaths....both found in a burned down house. 367 homes burned to the ground. Pres. was here today....stopped for 2 whole hours!! I watched Air Force One on final approach to Col. Springs Airport...also Peterson AFB....watched out my 2nd floor home office window.
Love the plane.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:55 AM
Cruisin'

I live in Hawaii, so we don't have snow on my island (it snows on the volcanic peaks on 2 of the other islands). Anyway, we don't really see seasons (it's always around 80 degrees throughout the year), but we do have rain. And that'll make for slippery conditions over steep inclines, tiled driveways, and painted surfaces on asphalt (e.g. like crosswalk lines). There are some spots on the island when we can drive up onto the sandy beaches to go fishing or have bbqs, I know rough life... ;P But it's easy for someone to get stuck in the sand without AWD.

Anyway my point is: if you can justify (and afford) the need for the AWD version then do it. If not, then save the extra money and enjoy the 1 mpg gained from the FWD version.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks exactly like mine, except no AWD. I think the luggage rack really helps overall appearance and lines on the outside.

In Georgia, no AWD needed.

Had a black TL so I'll be enjoying thr white for a long time.