duplicate driver 1 and driver 2 settings

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
duplicate driver 1 and driver 2 settings

i primarily use the driver 1 key fob so I've programmed the settings in the car to my liking. (radio presets, car settings, sound settings, etc...)
is there any way of duplicating the second key fob to have the exact same settings as driver 1 without manually doing it?

on my 2012 tl, the only thing that changes with the key fobs is the seat position. the radio and car settings stay the same though. why did they change this?!
Old 10-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyytruong
i primarily use the driver 1 key fob so I've programmed the settings in the car to my liking. (radio presets, car settings, sound settings, etc...)
is there any way of duplicating the second key fob to have the exact same settings as driver 1 without manually doing it?
I wasn't aware that radio presets and sound settings could be saved for each driver, but if they are, you would just save the settings the same way you did for driver #1.

It's pretty complicated, so I will try and explain it the best way I can.
  • Unlock the door with FOB #1 so that the seats, mirrors, (and whatever else) change to the driver #1 preferred position
  • Turn the car on so that the driver #1 memory light located on the door illuminates
  • press the set button, you should hear a beep and the light will flash on both driver #1 and #2 buttons
  • press memory button #2 you will hear a beep
  • Your done, the settings you had for driver #1 are now stored as driver #2
Old 10-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
In my '16 the settings do not stay consistent for each key. Sometimes when I get in with driver 1 key it moves to those settings. Other times if I set the seat to driver 2 and then get in with the driver 1 key, nothing happens. It seems to be a very fickle system.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:59 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
I wasn't aware that radio presets and sound settings could be saved for each driver, but if they are, you would just save the settings the same way you did for driver #1.

It's pretty complicated, so I will try and explain it the best way I can.
  • Unlock the door with FOB #1 so that the seats, mirrors, (and whatever else) change to the driver #1 preferred position
  • Turn the car on so that the driver #1 memory light located on the door illuminates
  • press the set button, you should hear a beep and the light will flash on both driver #1 and #2 buttons
  • press memory button #2 you will hear a beep
  • Your done, the settings you had for driver #1 are now stored as driver #2
if im not mistaken, wouldn't this only duplicate the seat settings?

ill give this a try anyways just to be sure. My initial thought was to manually set everything with the driver 2 key fob but I got curious so I figured I'd wait before doing so.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
I wasn't aware that radio presets and sound settings could be saved for each driver, but if they are, you would just save the settings the same way you did for driver #1.I
I wanted to verify if the radio settings were actually stored for driver #2, since I have never used the driver #2 key yet.

I saved the driver #1 settings as driver #2, using the buttons on the door. I then deliberately moved the seats and mirrors to a random position. When I opened the door with key #2, the seats and mirrors moved to the driver #1 position as I expected. I started the engine and found that the FM radio presets had returned to the delivery day settings, as did my customization of shortcut positions.

So the method I described to you will not work for the infotainment system. I don't see of any other way to accomplish your goal, other than jotting down the settings on a sheet of paper and reentering them. I always keep a list of presets in the glove box, and when the memory is lost while disconnecting the battery, I can reinstall 6 presets in less than two minutes.

At least I learned that the radio settings are saved for each driver, which is actually a great feature.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
you have to setup each key using the memory. Not hard only needs to be done once Older Acuras had the 1 and 2 button so you could set it the way you wanted and then press 1 and then if you wanted 2 to be the same press the 2 key. the car did not care what key was in the ignition when you set memory 1 or 2..
Old 10-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyytruong
if im not mistaken, wouldn't this only duplicate the seat settings?
I believe you are correct. To "save" the other settings (radio, HVAC, Map [if you have Tech], etc.), you will have to start the car as "Driver 2" and then make any adjustments you want to these other settings.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:42 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 RDX Tech

I have had the same issues since day one with my RDX.

Drives me crazy trying to get D1 back after the RDX decides it wants to be in D2 mode...lol

Dealer has looked and looked and looked at this issue...no clue

It is the:
  • seat
  • radio - presets
  • mirrors
  • gps (saved settings)
Originally Posted by chickdr
In my '16 the settings do not stay consistent for each key. Sometimes when I get in with driver 1 key it moves to those settings. Other times if I set the seat to driver 2 and then get in with the driver 1 key, nothing happens. It seems to be a very fickle system.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by visiter555
I have had the same issues since day one with my RDX.

Drives me crazy trying to get D1 back after the RDX decides it wants to be in D2 mode...lol

Dealer has looked and looked and looked at this issue...no clue

It is the:
  • seat
  • radio - presets
  • mirrors
  • gps (saved settings)
Yep - mine continues to do this. No rhyme or reason to when she decides to "listen" to the key. Our RDX is named "Daisy" and I have decided she is just a naughty girl....
Old 12-13-2016, 07:47 PM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Johnnytruong, are you the only driver?