2017 Acura RDX Press Release

Old 03-09-2016, 06:28 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Arrow 2017 Acura RDX Press Release

2017 Acura RDX Speeds to Market as the Benchmark Compact Luxury Performance SUV
Parlaying a very successful refreshed 2016 model, the 2017 Acura RDX returns with 2 new colors, a new exterior/interior color combination and no increase in price

Mar 9, 2016 - TORRANCE, Calif.

Coming off an all-time annual sales record last year, the 2017 Acura RDX goes on sale tomorrow with incredible momentum and a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP)1 starting at $35,370 – unchanged from the current model. The 2017 RDX is offered by the luxury marque that KBB.com named as the luxury brand with the lowest projected 5-year cost of ownership and that Edmunds.com voted as the 2015 Best Retained Value® Luxury Brand. The upgraded 2016 Acura RDX earned a 2016 Consumer Guide® Automotive Best Buy Award in the Premium Compact Crossover/SUV segment and Edmunds.com 2015 Best Retained Value® model-level award.

Significantly refreshed for the 2016 model year, the 2017 RDX retains the upgrades made last year, including a more powerful and fuel-efficient 3.5-liter i-VTEC® V-6 engine, ride and handling refinements, an expanded list of available AcuraWatch™ safety and driver-assistive technologies, restyled exterior and interior elements, and an increased compliment of luxury features and technologies, including Acura's signature Jewel Eye™ LED projector headlamps and LED taillights. New for 2017 are 2 exterior colors, Lunar Silver Metallic (replacing Slate Silver Metallic) and Modern Steel Metallic (replacing Graphite Luster Metallic), and for the 1st time, the Ebony interior is available with the popular White Diamond Pearl exterior.

The 2017 RDX interior has a premium black trim plus standard luxury features including heated front seats, 2nd-row air conditioning vents, a power tailgate and Multi-View Rearview Camera. The 2017 RDX with Technology Package has numerous upgrades including a high-contrast silver and black trim, an 8-way power-operated front passenger seat, Acura's dual-screen On-Demand Multi-Information Display (ODMD), HD Radio®, blind spot information (BSI), Rear Cross Traffic Monitor and Multi-View rearview camera with dynamic guidelines.

The range-topping RDX with Advance Package features a grade-exclusive machined alloy wheel with grey painted surfaces along with a host of added luxury features including rain-sensing wipers, front fog lights, remote engine start, front and rear parking sensors, ventilated front seats, and an auto-dimming driver's side mirror, along with standard AcuraWatch™ safety and driver-assistive technologies.

While offered as standard equipment on the new Advance Package, all 2017 RDX models can be equipped with the AcuraWatch™ suite of technologies that includes Adaptive Cruise Control, Collision Mitigation Braking System™ with Forward Collision Warning, Lane Keeping Assist and Lane Departure Warning. In addition to available AcuraWatch™, the RDX includes the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure that enhances frontal collision performance. The 2016 RDX received top-in-class safety ratings – a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), and a TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), when equipped with the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ – ratings that are expected to carry over to the 2017 model.

All 2017 RDX models with AcuraWatch™, which includes all Advance Package models, also get a 4.2-inch, full-color TFT Multi-Information Display with customizable information readouts such as average vehicle speed, fuel economy, fuel range, tire pressure monitoring system (TMPS) and turn-by-turn navigation prompts (when equipped with navigation).

View, build and price a 2017 Acura MDX at acura.com/RDXLanding.aspx.

Engine & Powertrain
Providing exceptional power and fuel efficiency performance, the 2017 RDX's 3.5-liter SOHC i-VTEC V-6 engine with Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) has a peak output of 279 horsepower at 6,200 and 252lb.-ft. of torque at 4,900 rpm. The powerplant's broad torque curve delivers immediate and powerful acceleration response across the engine's full operating range.

The engine's Variable Cylinder Management™ cylinder deactivation system allows for deactivation of 3 of the engine's 6 cylinders under light engine loads, helping the RDX earn EPA fuel-economy ratings of 19/27/22 mpg (city/highway/combined) for AWD models and 20/28/23 mpg for FWD models. The 2017 RDX complies with EPA TIER 2 – BIN 5 and CARB LEV II ULEV emissions standards.

Body & Chassis
The RDX utilizes high-strength steel for 56 percent of the body construction, which not only provides increased strength at a lower weight but also results in a stiffer body for improved dynamic performance and reduced NVH.

The RDX rides on 4-wheel independent suspension with a MacPherson strut design in front and a multi-link design in back. Amplitude Reactive Dampers at all 4 corners and motion adaptive electronic power steering system further aid sporty handling and refined driving performance.

All RDX models except the Advance Package feature split 5-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels. The RDX with Advance Package gets a machined 18-inch aluminum alloy wheel with painted grey surfaces. All RDX models have 4-wheel disc brakes that include an Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist.

Interior
The 2017 RDX comfortably accommodates 5 passengers. In front, its "dual personal" cockpit design caters to the driver and front passenger, creating a personal and accommodating space for each. Its available leather seating surfaces (leatherette in base models) and ergonomically designed seat contours provide ample support during spirited drives or long road trips. The power actuated driver seat is 10-way adjustable for a custom fit. For the driver, there is a leather-wrapped steering wheel, LED backlit gauges with progressive illumination and a Multi-Information Display (MID) that allows access to multiple electronic functions. The Advance package as well as all base and Technology Package models equipped with AcuraWatch™ feature a 4.2-inch, full-color TFT Multi-Information Display with customizable information readouts such as average vehicle speed, fuel economy, fuel range, tire pressure monitoring system (TMPS) and turn-by-turn navigation prompts (when equipped with navigation, standard on Technology and Advance packages).

Among the advanced electronic technologies in the 2017 RDX is a 360-watt audio system with 7 speakers, a CD player, AM/FM radio, XM® Radio with Note function, Bluetooth® Audio, USB port and AUX jack connectivity, and Speed Volume Control.

The transformability of the RDX for passenger and cargo hauling is accomplished with the aid of "1 touch" activation of the 60/40 split-folding rear seatbacks offering easy configuration of the 76.9 cubic feet of storage rear cargo area (with rear seatbacks folded down)3. Interior storage compartments include a large center console between the front seats and there are numerous other storage pockets and cubby spaces throughout the RDX. The RDX has a total EPA passenger volume of 103.5 cubic feet.

With the Technology Package, the interior includes a high-contrast silver and black design plus a host of driver relevant features, including AcuraLink® Satellite Communication System, Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™, and AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting™. Additional standard features include an 8-way adjustable power passenger's front seat, Acura's intuitive dual-screen On-Demand Multi-Information Display (ODMD), HD Radio®, blind spot information (BSI), Rear Cross Traffic Monitor, and Multi-view Rear Camera with dynamic guidelines. The navigation system also makes use of an 8-inch W-VGA color screen that is also used for a new rear view camera system.

The RDX with Technology Package also includes the Acura/ELS Surround® 10-speaker, 410-watt premium audio system with CD, DTS™, AM/FM radio, XM® Radio, and Bluetooth® Audio. Also part of the Technology Package is a GPS-linked, solar-sensing, dual-zone automatic climate control system.

The line-topping Advance Package delivers even higher levels of luxury comfort, convenience and technology, adding rain-sensing wipers, front fog lights, remote engine start, front and rear parking sensors, ventilated front seats, an auto-dimming driver's side mirror, and AcuraWatch™ as standard equipment.

Safety
The RDX offers the AcuraWatch™ suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies as a standalone option on the base RDX and RDX with Technology Package and as standard equipment on the new RDX with Advance Package. AcuraWatch™ technologies are as follows:
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS)
Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
The 2017 RDX with Technology or Advance packages adds blind spot information and Rear Cross Traffic Monitor, further enhancing the driver's situational awareness.

In the event of a collision, the RDX's advanced, energy-absorbing body structure, supplemental restraint systems (seatbelts and airbags) and strategically designed interior components are all designed to mitigate the potential for injury.

The RDX utilizes Acura's acclaimed Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure – a network of connected structural elements to help distribute and direct crash energy in a range of frontal collision scenarios, including offset and oblique impacts. This enhanced frontal crash energy management helps to reduce the forces transferred to the passenger compartment and can help to more evenly disperse the forces transferred to other vehicles in a crash. The RDX features additional engineering elements in the front body, roof and side pillar areas that further improve frontal collision and roof crush resistance performance.

The passive safety technologies of the RDX includes 6 airbags including dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags (SRS), dual-chamber front seat side airbags, and side curtain airbags for the front and outboard rear seating positions. Safety features continue with 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions, while the driver and front passenger have front seatbelts with an automatic tensioning system with load limiters. The RDX offers head restraints for all seating positions. The rear seat features Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH), which permits easy attachment of up to 2 child seats in the outboard seating positions.

About Acura
Acura is a leading automotive luxury nameplate that delivers Precision Crafted Performance through advanced product design and innovative technologies like Acura Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) and Precision All-Wheel Steer (P-AWS). On March 27, 2016, Acura will celebrate the 30th anniversary of its launch as the 1st luxury nameplate from a Japanese automaker.

The Acura lineup features 5 distinctive models – the RLX luxury flagship sedan, the TLX performance luxury sedan, the ILX sport sedan, the 5-passenger RDX luxury crossover SUV, and the 7-passenger Acura MDX, America's all-time best-selling 3-row luxury SUV. This spring, Acura will launch its next-generation, electrified NSX supercar as a new and pinnacle expression of Acura Precision Crafted Performance.

For More Information
Additional media information including detailed features, pricing and high-resolution photography of the Acura model line is available at acuranews.com. Consumer information about Acura is available at acura.com. To join the Acura community on Facebook, visit facebook.com/Acura.

The following users liked this post:
javp (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 07:10 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
In other words "Nothing to see here, just move along"
The following 3 users liked this post by ceb:
Comfy (03-13-2016), mtc46jw (03-09-2016), TacoBello (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 07:42 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
Usually Acura is done with improvements once the MMC happens. The most we can hope for for the next 3-4 2nd Gen RDX model years is maybe different color combos. This is going to be it until the 3rd Gen RDX hits the road in 2019 or 2020.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
My take away is that the the best color, IMO, graphite luster will be replaced by a more basic gray (offered on Honda and the ILX). Kind of leads me to believe that the paint quality for the graphite is actually more expensive. Makes me want a graphite RDX even more now.

On other news, the White/Ebony is finally here in US. Curious if it will be limited to only the tech package.

And still no power passenger seat height in the base model.

Any news on when the 2017 will be released? I.e. when the cutoff will be to get a deal on a 2016?

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 03-09-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Smile Acura.com

The 2017 goes on sale tomorrow. You can already build it on Acura.com; the white/black combo looks like it is available on all trim levels.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:34 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black wheel option:
Attached Thumbnails 2017 Acura RDX Press Release-blackwheels.jpg  

Last edited by LexSux; 03-09-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: pic
Old 03-09-2016, 09:44 AM
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
Usually Acura is done with improvements once the MMC happens. The most we can hope for for the next 3-4 2nd Gen RDX model years is maybe different color combos. This is going to be it until the 3rd Gen RDX hits the road in 2019 or 2020.
2019 or 2020...?

The 2G RDX debuted for the 2013 MY. Generally Acura runs models for 5-6 MY with an MMC in the 4th MY. 2017 is the RDX 5th model year and the RDX got updated in its 4th MY. This could be the last year of the current RDX. It's incredibly unlikely that we will see 3-4 more model years of the current RDX.
TacoBello (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by iutodd
2019 or 2020...?

The 2G RDX debuted for the 2013 MY. Generally Acura runs models for 5-6 MY with an MMC in the 4th MY. 2017 is the RDX 5th model year and the RDX got updated in its 4th MY. This could be the last year of the current RDX. It's incredibly unlikely that we will see 3-4 more model years of the current RDX.
Agreed. I'd bet the new model will probably debut roughly 2 years from now tops (2019 model year, debuting in mid-2018 at the latest).
TacoBello (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 11:05 AM
mrgold35

2019 or 2020...?

The reason I said "maybe" 3-4 model years is the RDX is in a awkward position. The 2nd Gen 13-15 RDX was first out the gate and took advantage of the current 3rd Gen MDX styling; but, had previous Gen tech (interior console, tech, HID headlights). The +16 RDX is now up-to-date with the MMC; but, will Acura keep the same formula and update the 3rd RDX styling a year before the 4th Gen MDX again? If they do, the 2019 (or 2020) 3rd Gen RDX might have the previous Gen tech. We will have to wait for the 3rd Gen MMC in 2022 to bring it current.

I'm just taking a SWAG and thinking Acura might keep the RDX one more model year to put the 4th Gen MDX even or on top. Acura has gone up to 7 model years for their SUVs or they just labeled an early model the next year up if it came out in the spring if total sales were around 7 years (like the 1st and 2nd Gen MDX).

Acura still trademarked the name CDX for a smaller CUV to fit underneath the RDX based off the HR-V. That could squeeze into the line-up delaying any updates for the 3rd Gen RDX.

Last edited by mrgold35; 03-09-2016 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts
I think I might get nx or X1 in 2018 if rdx doesn't get 8 speed transmission.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:04 PM
mrgold35

Originally Posted by BC01191980
I think I might get nx or X1 in 2018 if rdx doesn't get 8 speed transmission.
and sh-awd!
Old 03-09-2016, 12:16 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
and sh-awd!
on the new longer and wider platform the new civic is based on!
Old 03-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
haha, all those words for only 2 new colors. good news for me, wonder how much dealers will discount the 16 'leftovers' now.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts
and sh-awd!
Amen to that brother
Old 03-09-2016, 02:31 PM
Racer

The reason I said "maybe" 3-4 model years is the RDX is in a awkward position. The 2nd Gen 13-15 RDX was first out the gate and took advantage of the current 3rd Gen MDX styling; but, had previous Gen tech (interior console, tech, HID headlights). The +16 RDX is now up-to-date with the MMC; but, will Acura keep the same formula and update the 3rd RDX styling a year before the 4th Gen MDX again? If they do, the 2019 (or 2020) 3rd Gen RDX might have the previous Gen tech. We will have to wait for the 3rd Gen MMC in 2022 to bring it current.

I'm just taking a SWAG and thinking Acura might keep the RDX one more model year to put the 4th Gen MDX even or on top. Acura has gone up to 7 model years for their SUVs or they just labeled an early model the next year up if it came out in the spring if total sales were around 7 years (like the 1st and 2nd Gen MDX).

Acura still trademarked the name CDX for a smaller CUV to fit underneath the RDX based off the HR-V. That could squeeze into the line-up delaying any updates for the 3rd Gen RDX.
I understand what you're saying but I think with the changes coming for the 2017 MDX Acura will be fine pushing forward with the RDX FMC whenever they like. Also the market moves very quickly - there is a new XT5, the new F-pace is coming soon, Audi is debuting a new Q5 soon, and the GLC is all new from Merc. Acura can't let the RDX just sit and do nothing with it for 3 more years.

Remember what Dave Marek said a few years back now: Changes and more changes would be coming to the lineup. The MDX got the new SHAWD system and the 9AT last year and this year they are changing the powertrain AGAIN! The MDX will have 3 different transmissions in one generation. That's crazy.

I also think that Acura can't just throw away opportunities to change their lineup for the better and keep the lineup fresh. They only have 5 models so they only get so many chances to update and upgrade and debut new tech (why can't the RDX debut a new piece of technology?). All the models I mentioned above put a lot of pressure on Acura's sales numbers. Everybody wants a piece of the SUV pie - Acura has got to do everything it can to keep it's SUVs moving off of dealer lots.

And everything is ready for the RDX to get a full-model-change soon. The 10AT is (probably) ready, the 2.0T is ready (the V6 is still rock solid as well), SHAWD is definitely ready to go, the new design language will debut on the MDX, new interior luxury features are coming on the MDX. If anything the RDX will be "behind" the MDX again after the 2017 MDX hits...
Old 03-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Still no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, Kia crap has it, but not Acura, so much for being a luxury brand! Late to the party as usual, that's why I'll stick to buying a used 2013-14 RDX.

Android Auto
Old 03-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Agreed

Originally Posted by ceb
In other words "Nothing to see here, just move along"
Lamentable to be sure.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Las Vegas
Still no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, Kia crap has it, but not Acura, so much for being a luxury brand! Late to the party as usual, that's why I'll stick to buying a used 2013-14 RDX.

Android Auto

The 2016 civic and accord have it.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:36 PM
Racer

Android Auto
I guess Lexus and BMW aren't luxury brands either.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
Well, at least we know one thing. The jackass exec that originally decided no diamond white pearl with the ebony interior in the USA was demoted to the mail room.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Audio Q7 has it now. I like this feature in my wife's 2016 Civic Touring.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
They are, but they need to wake the F up, it's not like carplay or Android auto is a new thing, it's been in the works for a year +. I like Android auto for the Nav, but I rarely use Nav, so a 2013 is good enough for me, for now.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:53 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and sh-awd!
And why do you need SH-AWD? I have AWD on my '14 RDX, what a waste of money. It adds weight, takes more gas and does not really provide any benefits. I really want to get '16 RDX FWD just because I don't want AWD and I love those LED lights.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:01 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Stanuwmad
And why do you need SH-AWD? I have AWD on my '14 RDX, what a waste of money. It adds weight, takes more gas and does not really provide any benefits. I really want to get '16 RDX FWD just because I don't want AWD and I love those LED lights.
I guess you don't drive in inclement weather.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ceb
I guess you don't drive in inclement weather.
How about living in Alaska for 2 years? How much more inclement could it be? They don't put salt on their roads in Alaska, just sand, so everything is covered in mud and ice. I drove one winter using winter tires and this recent one on my Michelin all-season stock tires. What did I understand? RDX AWD system is a complete waste of money. If you need a stable car during harsh winters, you need *winter tires*, they cost less than AWD/4WD system and provide everything you need. Unless you live somewhere without paved roads, there is no need for AWD/4WD at all. Replacing tires on your stock rims is about $10 each at Sams club, you save about $10-20 per month on gas by buying 2WD vs AWD, so tire replacement expense pays for itself. Now if you get AWD, rear differential fluid is about $100-140 every 1-2 years + extra gas costs + AWD system cost + heavier car weight.

Yes, I understand that I drive an expensive car and I am not complaining just about the cost, but rather about wasted money on something I don't need. And I am sure at least 80% of the people that buy AWD don't actually need it.

Last edited by Stanuwmad; 03-21-2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
SH-AWD and the AWD in your '14 RDX are two different beasts.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
SH-AWD and the AWD in your '14 RDX are two different beasts.
I had 2015 MDX SH-AWD as a loaner and I drove 2015 TLX SH-AWD a few times. I even drove 2011 ZDX. What is it that I was supposed to be amazed about? Additional waste of gas and even heavier extra weight?
Old 03-22-2016, 07:11 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

I had 2015 MDX SH-AWD as a loaner and I drove 2015 TLX SH-AWD a few times. I even drove 2011 ZDX. What is it that I was supposed to be amazed about? Additional waste of gas and even heavier extra weight?
I'm sure that once you talk to Acura (see the CPO thread), your dealer will be happy to sell you one of the FWD models languishing on the lot in DC - apparently nobody but you wants the FWD in DC.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:36 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't even know how you can get a FWD model in most Northern climates. Here on the Colorado front range (Denver, Colorado Springs), no dealer orders any FWD variants of SUVs. Not just Acura, but pretty much ALL dealers across all brands. They would have to do a special order if someone wanted FWD.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
No FWD in Minnesota.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:43 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I had no problem getting FWD with tech in Chicago.
Old 03-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Android Auto
I tried Apple CarPlay in a 2017 Porsche. Can't say I loved it. Love my iPhone, but the whole CarPlay thing seems half baked right now. I get having voice only texts, but seeing the words on the screen can be faster/safer than Siri asking me a bunch of questions and reading people's names to me. Like really, do you have to ask me every time if I'd like to respond to "John Doe" followed by "what would you like to say to John?"?!?! How about just a Bing at the end of reading followed by a 20 second window that would allow for a response.

I'll get off my soap box and just say find a car with CarPlay and try it. I bet you don't like it nearly as much as you think you will. To be Porsche specific, I would take a pass on it for now. I bet I would pass for several more years even.

Back to the Acura....yeah....yawn...nice press release.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:20 PM
mrgold35

Why do you need sh-awd... No one on the face of the earth needs sh-awd. There are a few of us that want sh-awd. It really depends on your driving style to take full advantage of sh-awd. Why draw the line at sh-awd and not every other option in an Acura? If it is not sh-awd, it is a laundry list of other things someone else is going to say is a "waste of money" with any vehicle on the road (navi, bluetooth, cooled seats, LED HIDs, LED fogs, spare tire, windshield, seats, the whole damn car, take a bus instead, etc....).

I think what you are really saying is "Why do "I" need sh-awd" and you answered your own question.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Advanced

Why do you need sh-awd... No one on the face of the earth needs sh-awd. There are a few of us that want sh-awd. It really depends on your driving style to take full advantage of sh-awd. Why draw the line at sh-awd and not every other option in an Acura? If it is not sh-awd, it is a laundry list of other things someone else is going to say is a "waste of money" with any vehicle on the road (navi, bluetooth, cooled seats, LED HIDs, LED fogs, spare tire, windshield, seats, the whole damn car, take a bus instead, etc....).

I think what you are really saying is "Why do "I" need sh-awd" and you answered your own question.
I get it, you are funny. Not. Bluetooth and Navi do not waste gas, do not need a rear differential fluid replacement and provide a clear benefit. Although, I don't need a Navi and Bluetooth, I downloaded offline HERE maps on my iPhone and speakerphone is sufficient for hands-free. I want Tech package only for ELS sound system. LED headlights are now standard, as it should be on a premium brand. Don't need fogs, I have them now and I did not ever use them.

Who is going to utilize "full potential of SH-AWD"? Do you take your car to the track? I think the only good and useful SH-AWD is RLX Hybrid.
Old 03-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TL Dream
I tried Apple CarPlay in a 2017 Porsche. Can't say I loved it. Love my iPhone, but the whole CarPlay thing seems half baked right now. I get having voice only texts, but seeing the words on the screen can be faster/safer than Siri asking me a bunch of questions and reading people's names to me. Like really, do you have to ask me every time if I'd like to respond to "John Doe" followed by "what would you like to say to John?"?!?! How about just a Bing at the end of reading followed by a 20 second window that would allow for a response.

I'll get off my soap box and just say find a car with CarPlay and try it. I bet you don't like it nearly as much as you think you will. To be Porsche specific, I would take a pass on it for now. I bet I would pass for several more years even.

Back to the Acura....yeah....yawn...nice press release.
I tried it on '16 Accord. I liked it, but it's just a pretty interface for a few selected phone apps. I really wanted it at first, but now I agree with you. It looks fun, but it's not actually useful.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts
I get it, you are funny. Not. Bluetooth and Navi do not waste gas, do not need a rear differential fluid replacement and provide a clear benefit. Although, I don't need a Navi and Bluetooth, I downloaded offline HERE maps on my iPhone and speakerphone is sufficient for hands-free. I want Tech package only for ELS sound system. LED headlights are now standard, as it should be on a premium brand. Don't need fogs, I have them now and I did not ever use them.

Who is going to utilize "full potential of SH-AWD"? Do you take your car to the track? I think the only good and useful SH-AWD is RLX Hybrid.
Sounds like what you really need is:
Old 03-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by hand-filer
Another funny guy, wow. I would love to buy another Honda Element, if they were still making it. It was a perfect car for me, huge inside, fuel efficient, comfortable and easy to maintain. I don't like current CR-V, so RDX was my only choice and I do like it. I will just get FWD on my next model.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:26 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by hand-filer
Hey, that's what the dealer is giving him as a loaner!
Old 03-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ceb
Hey, that's what the dealer is giving him as a loaner!
True, but I will not take a loaner. I would rather do a trade in.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I tried it on '16 Accord. I liked it, but it's just a pretty interface for a few selected phone apps. I really wanted it at first, but now I agree with you. It looks fun, but it's not actually useful.
The only thing I want is the Map app on carPlay, even it is much worse than Google Map, but lightyears ahead the stock navigation (if you got cell phone reception), and input destination is so much easier using Siri than using the stock voice recognition.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 Acura RDX Press Release