2016 Lexus RX350 interior almost exactly same as RDX

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 04:57 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have both a 2014 RDX and a 2012 rx350. Both are "different" but the Lexus is hands down a better built car and I prefer insulation and damping compared to noise canceling technology. The rdx is a great car but there is no way it is better. I do have a wood steering wheel and it is a great option in the Lexus but with the styling of the rdx it would be out of place in our current car.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Yes, the RX is more quiet than the RDX. But the RDX accelerates faster, has a better sound system (ELS), and better headlights. It's also about $20,000 less expensive (Canadian, fully loaded vs fully loaded) than the RX and about $11,000 less than the NX. I'm comparing 2016/2017 models BTW.

Originally Posted by hovbuild
I have both a 2014 RDX and a 2012 rx350. Both are "different" but the Lexus is hands down a better built car and I prefer insulation and damping compared to noise canceling technology. The rdx is a great car but there is no way it is better. I do have a wood steering wheel and it is a great option in the Lexus but with the styling of the rdx it would be out of place in our current car.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:34 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyboy
Yes, the RX is more quiet than the RDX. But the RDX accelerates faster, has a better sound system (ELS), and better headlights. It's also about $20,000 less expensive (Canadian, fully loaded vs fully loaded) than the RX and about $11,000 less than the NX. I'm comparing 2016/2017 models BTW.
who fucking cares?
Old 09-22-2016, 09:35 PM
Burning Brakes

People who are cross shopping luxury vehicles to purchase and women looking for men in nice cars
Old 09-23-2016, 07:23 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
No, i think he meant who fucking cares what YOU think. I think the genital consensus is that nobody that is cross shopping a car or looking for a husband/boyfriend would look to your opinion for advice.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:25 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
No, i think he meant who fucking cares what YOU think. I think the genital consensus is that nobody that is cross shopping a car or looking for a husband/boyfriend would look to your opinion for advice.
Ha ha ha. Well said. .
Old 09-23-2016, 07:27 AM

Old 09-23-2016, 07:32 AM
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
People who are cross shopping luxury vehicles to purchase and women looking for men in nice cars
What a stupid statement!
A guy in a RDX doesn't do a thing for woman.
What are you....like 18?

Get it in your head that the RDX isn't a 'luxury' vehicle.
At best Acura is tier 2 luxury like a Buick.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by colt427
What a stupid statement!
A guy in a RDX doesn't do a thing for woman.
What are you....like 18?
stale personality, must he have.
Pussy Puller the RDX is NOT!
- Yoda
Old 09-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
I really want to meet rockyboy in person. We've always thought he must be a troll but no normal human being can possibly be this persistent. Maybe he's actually serious when he makes these kinds of threads?
Old 09-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Anyone can attempt to label another person anything they wish, it's quite easy to do. In the end, it's really the preponderance of evidence that wins the day.

I've been browsing the Lexus forums lately, as I'm looking to get another vehicle alongside my RDX. I'm leaning towards a Lexus for overall qualities and probably won't get another Acura as I already have one. However, I've noticed a big difference between the Lexus forums and the Acurazine forum--the posters in the Lexus forums seem more sophisticated and higher IQ'd on average.

Originally Posted by skabei
I really want to meet rockyboy in person. We've always thought he must be a troll but no normal human being can possibly be this persistent. Maybe he's actually serious when he makes these kinds of threads?
Old 09-25-2016, 11:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Anyone can attempt to label another person anything they wish, it's quite easy to do. In the end, it's really the preponderance of evidence that wins the day.

I've been browsing the Lexus forums lately, as I'm looking to get another vehicle alongside my RDX. I'm leaning towards a Lexus for overall qualities and probably won't get another Acura as I already have one. However, I've noticed a big difference between the Lexus forums and the Acurazine forum--the posters in the Lexus forums seem more sophisticated and higher IQ'd on average.
not sure about that but posters here are some of most cynical people ive run into on car forums.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nexx
not sure about that but posters here are some of most cynical people ive run into on car forums.
nexx, thats because rocky is a next level troll.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:50 AM

Rocky is right though, let's let the facts speak for themselves.
Lexus doesn't make an "elite". Therefore, the only real answer is to get another 2 RDX's.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:06 AM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
I've been browsing the Lexus forums lately, as I'm looking to get another vehicle alongside my RDX. I'm leaning towards a Lexus for overall qualities and probably won't get another Acura as I already have one.

You guys have to give credit where credit is due. Rocky is one hell of a troll, and may even deserve Troll of the Year by the internet guild.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:15 PM
Instructor

While I do think you're one hell of a troll, I'll bite since I've converted to Lexus.

I do feel that Lexus is better built than Acura and you're less likely to run into problems if you buy a Lexus. For me, Lexus also wins with service. Here in Toronto, Lexus dealers are known for very decent service where as every Acura dealer that I've serviced my cars at have given me poor service.

Onto my real point; I don't find that there is absolutely any difference between people on any Lexus forums and this forum.. EXCEPT when it comes to replying to threads or posts by rockboy/rockyboy. So rockyboy, you simply haven't exposed yourself on those Lexus forums enough for the rudeness and ridiculousness to begin.
Making threads like this one, claiming that the 2016 RX interior is the same as the RDX interior, is savagely ludicrous. I bought my Lexus NX because the interior was of an entirely different class than the 2016 RDX that I almost bought. And when the new RX came out, it made the NX feel out-classed in terms of interior materials, noise dampening and comfort.
There is absolutely nobody who would agree with your claim after jumping into each vehicle for a minute each. Now, if I am entirely wrong and you actually do believe your own claim, then you shouldn't buy a Lexus. You should just buy an Acura or a Lincoln or an Infiniti.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:14 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
While I do think you're one hell of a troll, I'll bite since I've converted to Lexus. I do feel that Lexus is better built than Acura and you're less likely to run into problems if you buy a Lexus. For me, Lexus also wins with service. Here in Toronto, Lexus dealers are known for very decent service where as every Acura dealer that I've serviced my cars at have given me poor service. Onto my real point; I don't find that there is absolutely any difference between people on any Lexus forums and this forum.. EXCEPT when it comes to replying to threads or posts by rockboy/rockyboy. So rockyboy, you simply haven't exposed yourself on those Lexus forums enough for the rudeness and ridiculousness to begin. Making threads like this one, claiming that the 2016 RX interior is the same as the RDX interior, is savagely ludicrous. I bought my Lexus NX because the interior was of an entirely different class than the 2016 RDX that I almost bought. And when the new RX came out, it made the NX feel out-classed in terms of interior materials, noise dampening and comfort. There is absolutely nobody who would agree with your claim after jumping into each vehicle for a minute each. Now, if I am entirely wrong and you actually do believe your own claim, then you shouldn't buy a Lexus. You should just buy an Acura or a Lincoln or an Infiniti.
+1. What he said.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:06 AM

And when the new RX came out, it made the NX feel out-classed in terms of interior materials, noise dampening and comfort.
There is absolutely nobody who would agree with your claim after jumping into each vehicle for a minute each. Now, if I am entirely wrong and you actually do believe your own claim, then you shouldn't buy a Lexus. You should just buy an Acura or a Lincoln or an Infiniti.
but that's exactly his point.
if you keep feeding the troll, the troll will keep spewing nonsense.
he wants you to disagree. then he can come back with additional nonsense
Old 09-27-2016, 08:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. The ironic thing is I'm for real, not sure where the troll idea came from.

I have considered and researched most of the luxury vehicles including infiniti, buick, porsche, etc. I've narrowed down my next vehicle purchase to Lexus (RX350) and Jaguar (F-Pace). Jaguar has better performance. Lexus has better reliability. Both are similarly priced but Lexus might be cheaper to maintain.

I've found the service at Acura (also in the GTA) to be good (better than Toyota). Why? The wait times they give me are always accurate. They tell me it will take 2 hours and so far they've always been right on. I also have a Toyota, the service there is terrible. It takes them an extemely long time to do even simple repairs or maintenance (4 or 5 hours sometimes). But the waiting rooms at both Acura and Toyota are similar. I do hear good things about Lexus service.

I've been in and analyzed the Lexus interior (RX, NX, ES vehicles). I was surprised because upon examining the materials of the cabin, I found it very similar to Acura (MDX, RDX, TLX). I was expecting it to be much better because it commands a much greater price tag. The soft touch materials feel similar and are in similar places. It has brushed plastic feels as well, and the plastic parts are in similar places also. The main difference was the central console had soft touch materials on it whereas for the RDX it's more plastic. The Acura's two screens including a touch screen makes the infotainment system superior to Lexus'. The ELS sound system, despite having fewer number of speakers in the RDX vs the Lexus fully loaded, the ELS sounds better than the Mark Levinson system. The headlights on the Acura are also better than the Lexus. Also, the Acura accelerates faster and feels more powerful. The design/shape of the Acura is more elegant. And it's less expensive. Just compare the power and features of a fully loaded RDX to an NX. The advantage of Lexus is a more quiet interior and smoother ride.

While I do think you're one hell of a troll, I'll bite since I've converted to Lexus.

I do feel that Lexus is better built than Acura and you're less likely to run into problems if you buy a Lexus. For me, Lexus also wins with service. Here in Toronto, Lexus dealers are known for very decent service where as every Acura dealer that I've serviced my cars at have given me poor service.

Onto my real point; I don't find that there is absolutely any difference between people on any Lexus forums and this forum.. EXCEPT when it comes to replying to threads or posts by rockboy/rockyboy. So rockyboy, you simply haven't exposed yourself on those Lexus forums enough for the rudeness and ridiculousness to begin.
Making threads like this one, claiming that the 2016 RX interior is the same as the RDX interior, is savagely ludicrous. I bought my Lexus NX because the interior was of an entirely different class than the 2016 RDX that I almost bought. And when the new RX came out, it made the NX feel out-classed in terms of interior materials, noise dampening and comfort.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:36 AM

LOL told you.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:55 AM

I don't know Justin, he seems to really be making a lot of sense now. Probably has a lot of time to do research like that since he has no girls in his life to eat up his time.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Okay yeah, maybe I fell for it.

rockyboy, your analysis and comparison between the RX and the RDX shows that you're really comparing the two cars and that you are probably a bit serious in looking at Lexus. But when you say that you're "not sure where the troll idea came from", you are really showing us that you are a troll. You're making very bold statements like "RX350 interior almost exactly same as RDX" and justifying it by saying that the soft touch materials feel similar and that they're in similar places, the plastic parts are in similar places, etc. But those are such vague similarities that so many luxury and non-luxury cars could also be then called "almost exactly the same as".

If you sit in the RX, the soft touch materials do not feel the same. It's a lot more plush in the RX. The giant 11" screen that not even the MDX has makes a striking presence the moment you step in. There is actually a lot more plastic in the RDX, namely the giant piece under the padded dash piece. I think anyone making a bold statement like "RX350 interior almost exactly same as RDX" is deliberately looking for dramatic responses. I feel like I'm totally biting the bait again here, but rockyboy, if you genuinely don't know why you're being called a troll for these types of threads, then you're either very new to the internet or you really like to exaggerate.

Anyway, I don't think it's fair to compare the acceleration of the RX to the RDX. The RDX is very light compared to the RX and even the NX partially due to the noise dampening materials. That's why the NX has slightly less (yes, only slightly, and I can prove this) interior cargo space than the RDX even though the exterior dimensions are almost identical. Not many people will buy the RX to go fast, otherwise they'd get the X5 or the Cayenne. Also, when I was test driving the RDX, I did like the quick acceleration, but turning on a fast turn did not feel great because of the suspension, and also because the seats are very non bolstered so I didn't feel confident making fast sharp turns. The NX (F-Sport) has very bolstered seats and a very sporty suspension, and despite being slower, it took fast turns much better. This is also why the NX costs more.
The technical features at the high end are about the same really when comparing the NX and RDX. I do want to compare how effective the headlights are between the two since they're similar. I personally like the NX headlights more because they look more aggressive and because only 3 of the 5 jewels in the RDX lights will light up when you turn it on (looks much better on the MDX).

As for Lexus as a brand, I do like them more right now since they're trying to appeal to a younger crowd (like me) and it's working while Acura took way too long to abolish it's horrible shield that never took off. They're also just killing itself by moving away from sporty but not really becoming luxurious either. My 2 cents, but I think Acura can recover with the new pentagon Superman grill if it can improve it's reliability and by keeping its interiors an actual step up from Honda, which I do not feel is the case right now.

Old 09-27-2016, 12:44 PM

and you just fed him some more.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:29 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
I don't know Justin, he seems to really be making a lot of sense now. Probably has a lot of time to do research like that since he has no girls in his life to eat up his time.
Guys, somehow we need to track Rockyboy down. I don't mean for the sake of an ass-kicking or anything like that. But I'm morbidly curious. I picture an 18-19 year old suburban kid living with mom (the likely RDX owner...maybe) and dad. He and his geeky buds having the time of his life messing with this forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by Kaputnik:
justnspace (09-28-2016), rockstar143 (09-28-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by justnspace
and you just fed him some more.
I know I'm feeding the fire here and the title of this thread is already attractive click-fodder, but this has been rather interesting.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 06:18 AM

^as long as you dont mind running in circles chasing your own tail.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:45 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
The strange thing to me is with his last analysis, the conclusion should be the RDX. Only a fool would pay more money when they like the Acura better on all fronts other than: "a more quiet interior and smoother ride "
Old 09-28-2016, 09:49 AM

^that's cuz he's trolling the shit out of you RDX'ers..

he doesnt care what your responses are as long as you respond to him.
once you respond to his silly antics, he'll respond with more silly antics....

and full circle, we've come!
Old 09-28-2016, 11:37 AM
Burning Brakes

That's why I'm driving a 2016 RDX Elite right now. The value proposition was too good vs the Lexus or any other luxury car brand for that matter. The more I look at what these other car companies charge for options that either come standard on the RDX or come at a very reasonable price, the more I ask myself why not just stay with Acura? I may even consider going for a 1 year used Lexus to make the price closer to Acura. The quiet cabin and smooth ride, those two things are huge factors when considering a luxury vehicle. If the new model of the RDX were out now, I would strongly consider that.

Originally Posted by chickdr
The strange thing to me is with his last analysis, the conclusion should be the RDX. Only a fool would pay more money when they like the Acura better on all fronts other than: "a more quiet interior and smoother ride "
Old 09-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Overall, the new model RDX that is fully loaded is a better vehicle than the NX. The NX cabin feels very small and acceleration is weaker. Lexus cheaped out with a 4 cylinder engine and no 6 cylinder option. Would you rather get a little more leather on your dash with a 4 cylinder engine, or a much more powerful 6 cylinder engine like in the RDX (which still has great fuel efficiency)? With the fully loaded RDX, Acura balanced the options out well to produce a vehicle that is overall the better option than the NX. I ruled out getting the NX due to the 4 cylinder, among other factors. The RDX is so good that it can actually compete with the RX350 (which should actually be the competitor with the MDX), which is a vehicle I would consider.

Okay yeah, maybe I fell for it.

rockyboy, your analysis and comparison between the RX and the RDX shows that you're really comparing the two cars and that you are probably a bit serious in looking at Lexus. But when you say that you're "not sure where the troll idea came from", you are really showing us that you are a troll. You're making very bold statements like "RX350 interior almost exactly same as RDX" and justifying it by saying that the soft touch materials feel similar and that they're in similar places, the plastic parts are in similar places, etc. But those are such vague similarities that so many luxury and non-luxury cars could also be then called "almost exactly the same as".

If you sit in the RX, the soft touch materials do not feel the same. It's a lot more plush in the RX. The giant 11" screen that not even the MDX has makes a striking presence the moment you step in. There is actually a lot more plastic in the RDX, namely the giant piece under the padded dash piece. I think anyone making a bold statement like "RX350 interior almost exactly same as RDX" is deliberately looking for dramatic responses. I feel like I'm totally biting the bait again here, but rockyboy, if you genuinely don't know why you're being called a troll for these types of threads, then you're either very new to the internet or you really like to exaggerate.

Anyway, I don't think it's fair to compare the acceleration of the RX to the RDX. The RDX is very light compared to the RX and even the NX partially due to the noise dampening materials. That's why the NX has slightly less (yes, only slightly, and I can prove this) interior cargo space than the RDX even though the exterior dimensions are almost identical. Not many people will buy the RX to go fast, otherwise they'd get the X5 or the Cayenne. Also, when I was test driving the RDX, I did like the quick acceleration, but turning on a fast turn did not feel great because of the suspension, and also because the seats are very non bolstered so I didn't feel confident making fast sharp turns. The NX (F-Sport) has very bolstered seats and a very sporty suspension, and despite being slower, it took fast turns much better. This is also why the NX costs more.
The technical features at the high end are about the same really when comparing the NX and RDX. I do want to compare how effective the headlights are between the two since they're similar. I personally like the NX headlights more because they look more aggressive and because only 3 of the 5 jewels in the RDX lights will light up when you turn it on (looks much better on the MDX).

As for Lexus as a brand, I do like them more right now since they're trying to appeal to a younger crowd (like me) and it's working while Acura took way too long to abolish it's horrible shield that never took off. They're also just killing itself by moving away from sporty but not really becoming luxurious either. My 2 cents, but I think Acura can recover with the new pentagon Superman grill if it can improve it's reliability and by keeping its interiors an actual step up from Honda, which I do not feel is the case right now.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:41 AM

the more I ask myself why not just stay with Acura? I may even consider going for a 1 year used Lexus to make the price closer to Acura.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:53 AM

chasing your own tail again?
Old 09-28-2016, 11:55 AM

I can honestly say, having known him personally. Harambe wouldn't be caught DEAD in an RDX. and he knew how to get the bitches, trust.
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 11:57 AM

I miss Harambe
Old 09-28-2016, 11:58 AM

We all do, that was tragic as hell.
and to 007's point...this is not ramblings also but nobody is complaining in here because even the moderators know how full of shit rockyjock is.
Which is pretty funny...

Old 09-29-2016, 06:51 AM
Instructor

We all do, that was tragic as hell.
and to 007's point...this is not ramblings also but nobody is complaining in here because even the moderators know how full of shit rockyjock is.
Which is pretty funny...
whos Harambe?
Old 09-29-2016, 06:52 AM

whos Harambe?

the Gorilla that was shot dead in the Cincinnati Zoo.
It's ALL over the internet as a meme.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:36 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
I don't think the rdx is as nice as the rx350, not even close. But he does have a point about the new rx350 interior being disappointing. We had one at a local event this past summer and I sat in it and kinda just felt around. The 2010-2015 rx had soft touch materials all over the doors, the new one is all hard plastic on the lower halfs of the doors, but not just plastic, like that really shitty shiny hard grainy plastic you find in old kias and chrysler vehicles. That was the one thing that really stuck out for me. I would honestly say quality wise the new rx is on par with the mdx (where it used to annihalate it) but definitely WAY nicer than an rdx. That is just click bait troll fodder shit.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RDX10
I don't think the rdx is as nice as the rx350, not even close. But he does have a point about the new rx350 interior being disappointing. We had one at a local event this past summer and I sat in it and kinda just felt around. The 2010-2015 rx had soft touch materials all over the doors, the new one is all hard plastic on the lower halfs of the doors, but not just plastic, like that really shitty shiny hard grainy plastic you find in old kias and chrysler vehicles. That was the one thing that really stuck out for me. I would honestly say quality wise the new rx is on par with the mdx (where it used to annihalate it) but definitely WAY nicer than an rdx. That is just click bait troll fodder shit.
I actually thought the new RX350 interior was a step up from the previous generation. I never compared them side by side but I remember going into the old RX and I wasn't impressed enough to buy it. I then started looking at the RDX which I wasn't happy with and then I finally settled on an NX. The center console area with the gear shifter on the old RX was very ill-fashioned and that sticks out to me the most, but I guess the side panels are quite nice. Either way, the RDX can't compare in terms of interior to the RX and I don't think anyone will cross shop between the two. They're very different cars at very different price points for very different customers.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:14 PM

^dont let rocky hear you

Quick Reply: 2016 Lexus RX350 interior almost exactly same as RDX