2016 Acura RDX - luxury or just an expensive honda?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 08:38 PM
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by yeoyes
I'd take their rankings with a grain of salt. #1 is Porsche Macan. Not much argument there if money isn't a factor. But then I see Infiniti QX50 ranked as #2. Have you seen one of these one the road? Yeah, me neither.

I do agree that the CX-5 is a great bang-for-the-buck for its price range. I'd purchase this one if my budget were more limited.
I've owned a Porsche (and other German cars) before. Although price was not an object, a Porsche is nice, but lots of upkeep (like the typical German car). I didn't need another one of those and glad my wife didn't either. If the CX-5 came with a 6 cyl I think my wife would have bought it. The 6 cyl CX-9, like the venza we had, is a midsize SUV and she wanted a compact SUV with a 6 cyl and a passenger seat that went up and down. Pretty much narrowed it down for her. The RDX is a nice car, but to suggest it is the best SUV on the market PERIOD is something else. If rocky feels that way I am guessing that his quest for chicks will probably be one of the most beautiful women in Canada... who just happens to live in a house two or three doors down from him.
The following users liked this post:
yesrdx (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 08:55 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by snorf
The RDX is a nice car, but to suggest it is the best SUV on the market PERIOD is something else.
No argument there, lol. I was actually considering a 2016 Boxster S. I know it doesn't make much sense to cross-shop a 2-seat roadster with a grocery-getting SUV. But then I realized I was wondering if I could afford the time/money to maintain the car and came to the conclusion that I can neither afford the time or the money. It sure would be a great toy.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
In this ranking, consumer reports loses credibility when it comes to the compact SUV segment. Why?

They put Lexus at #1. Does this imply that the Lexus NX is better than the Porsche Macan at #6, which is behind Mazda and Subaru? Does this rating make sense? We already know the 2016 RDX is way better than the Lexus NX (weak 4 cylinder, small cabin, overpriced when fully loaded, ugly ugly grill). The only compact SUV on this list that competes with the 2016 RDX is the Porsche Macan. We can deduce that the RDX is better than the Macan because it is way more reliable and cheaper to maintain, has a more comfortable cabin, has better looks, and the Macan is 50% more expensive. Not sure why they're ranking non-luxury brands with luxury brands. If you do side by side comparison of features, the Mazdas and Toyotas don't come close to the 2016 RDX.

Hammer time!! Can't touch this!!!

It was a consumer reports article I read on yahoo. It wasn't written by yahoo.

The Consumer Reports 2015 Car Brand Report Cards ranks automakers across the world by reliability, road test performance and other factors. For the second year in a row, Lexus topped the list, nearly matched by Mazda, and followed by Toyota and Audi. The bottom of the list included Ford, Dodge, Mini, Jeep and Fiat.

The publication ranked the carmakers with an overall score, which was a combination of each brand's road test score and average reliability score. The road test score factored in the average results from Consumer Reports' many tests on the cars, and a reliability rating provides a guide on how likely the cars from each brand are likely to hold up on average.

1) Lexus 2) Mazda 3) Toyota 4) Audi 5) Subaru 6) Porsche 7) Buick 8) Honda 9) Kia 10) BMW 11) Acura
Old 09-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Burning Brakes

The Venza is about the same size as the RDX. There's one in my driveway parked right beside the RDX. The Mazda does not have the comfort, safety, reliability and technology of the 2016 RDX. The RDX is a on a whole different level. In fact, the Venza itself is better than the Mazda.

I've owned a Porsche (and other German cars) before. Although price was not an object, a Porsche is nice, but lots of upkeep (like the typical German car). I didn't need another one of those and glad my wife didn't either. If the CX-5 came with a 6 cyl I think my wife would have bought it. The 6 cyl CX-9, like the venza we had, is a midsize SUV and she wanted a compact SUV with a 6 cyl and a passenger seat that went up and down. Pretty much narrowed it down for her. The RDX is a nice car, but to suggest it is the best SUV on the market PERIOD is something else. If rocky feels that way I am guessing that his quest for chicks will probably be one of the most beautiful women in Canada... who just happens to live in a house two or three doors down from him.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Burning Brakes

I could have gotten the Porsche Macan but the 2016 RDX was the better purchase--offers comparable features where it's important, has higher safety rating, more reliable and lower maintenance and repair costs. I liked the Macan's high horse power and sporty handling. Couldn't justify the 50% higher price and ripoff repair costs.

No argument there, lol. I was actually considering a 2016 Boxster S. I know it doesn't make much sense to cross-shop a 2-seat roadster with a grocery-getting SUV. But then I realized I was wondering if I could afford the time/money to maintain the car and came to the conclusion that I can neither afford the time or the money. It sure would be a great toy.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:13 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only reason you think rdx is not luxury is because you like Koreans car...😁

[I][/Iyup
Originally Posted by rockyboy
I think consumer reports ranked it #5. You say it's not a luxury car because it's an expensive Honda. Do you consider the Lexus NX or RX luxury cars--they are expensive Toyotas. The Audi q5 is an expensive volkswagon. The 2016 RDX is better than all of these. Here is why it's luxurious:

The sound system is top notch as you mentionned. The LED lights are the best in the segment, the jewel eyes and daytime running lights are a real head turner. All four seats are heated and the first two are ventilated. First row is power adjustable. Very comfortable seats. The amount of technology you get in this car from the computers to the sensors and cameras is astonishing. Rain sensing wipers and powerfolding mirrors in the Elite edition.

It's way classier than the Nissan or Venza. Btw the Venza has very loud wind noise on the highway but it's one of the best non-luxury cars. The RDX is the best compact luxury SUV when you consider overall factors including technology, comfort, reliability and offroad capability.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:48 PM
Racer

My wife was the sole decision maker for the RDX. She's 60 rocky so don't PM her! When we bought the venza (2010) we cross shopped the Boxster, the Venza, a Vette, a Camry, a couple Infinitis and an accord. My wife liked the Venza because it had the highest passenger seat. Happy wife, happy life. I'm happy with whatever vehicle we have.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:50 PM
Racer

[QUOTE=rockyboy;15568101]In this ranking, consumer reports loses credibility when it comes to the compact SUV segment. Why? QUOTE]

Because rocky is the final authoritive source and they failed to clear this through him prior to going to print.
justnspace (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 07:52 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Received 354 Likes on 325 Posts
I like the looks and engaging drive of Mazda CX-5, but sadly they do not make the cut when compared to RDX. It is much too firm ride to my liking and the road noise is too intrusive. It's as if the engineers simply forgot to insulate the road noise. For me to consider any car as premium, it should be comfortable and quiet for starters. Everything else comes afterwards.
I would compare the CX5 only with the CRV and there too too it doesn't win in these aspects. I don't know but the sales numbers of CRV vs CX-5 may partly reflect this as well.
RDX is simply too plush for a CX-5.

Last edited by Comfy; 09-30-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:55 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
I dont think the CX-5 and the new CX-3 are marketed as premium.... Comfy....
Old 09-30-2015, 07:59 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Originally Posted by justnspace
I dont think the CX-5 and the new CX-3 are marketed as premium.... Comfy....
I know, but I was simply adding to the above conversation. I did consider the CX-5 prior to purchasing the RDX though. Thanks.
justnspace (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 08:00 AM

continuing the discussion, maybe that's why the mazda's didnt do it for you.
because they are sub $20k that can be optioned out to $30k....

as opposed to the RDX starting at a higher price point. Obviously, there are premium features in the higher price point vehicle.
Comfy (10-04-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 08:09 AM
2014 RDX AWD Tech

Totally agree with you Justin. My point is with regards to the thread " Is Acura simply an expensive Honda?" Technically yes, but it is much more involved than a badge swap. There are both tangible and intangible differences between a Honda and a comparable Acura and that that's one of the things that make RDX much more rewarding than a CRV.
justnspace (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 11:27 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Comfy
Totally agree with you Justin. My point is with regards to the thread " Is Acura simply an expensive Honda?" Technically yes, but it is much more involved than a badge swap. There are both tangible and intangible differences between a Honda and a comparable Acura and that that's one of the things that make RDX much more rewarding than a CRV.
Back in the 80's, GM corporate policy was that there was one platform for each size and each division merely tarted it up from the basic Chevy. This is really no different that Honda/Acura or Toyota/Lexus with the premium brands a bit more "premium" than their corresponding counterparts.

My wife drives (and loves) a Civic. For the last week I had a 2016 ILX tech. It had all the electronic toys and that clearly gave it a more modern and uplevel feel, but it still drove like a Civic. Not that a Civic drives poorly but the engine and suspension just don't scream luxury - premium compared to a Civic but not luxury.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Comfy
yes, the features that were added to the RDX versus the CRV makes it that much more rewarding, but the price certainly reflects that.

as long as I have been interested in Honda, Honda has always been a parts-bin company, to save money... (that's the asian way)

aside from the extra features of the RDX, the CRV is made in the same plant in Ohio as the RDX...
Old 09-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Burning Brakes

I will address this nonluxury/premium/luxury issue. Will compare the 2016 RDX to a vehicle I rode in today, the Mercedes ML350.

yes, the features that were added to the RDX versus the CRV makes it that much more rewarding, but the price certainly reflects that.

as long as I have been interested in Honda, Honda has always been a parts-bin company, to save money... (that's the asian way)

aside from the extra features of the RDX, the CRV is made in the same plant in Ohio as the RDX...
Old 09-30-2015, 11:54 AM

save your breath, no one cares what you think
Old 09-30-2015, 12:25 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

I will address this nonluxury/premium/luxury issue. Will compare the 2016 RDX to a vehicle I rode in today, the Mercedes ML350.
save your breath, no one cares what you think
There you go, being unfair again.

The 2016 RDX has more features than the 1998 ML.
justnspace (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 12:26 PM

Old 09-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
lol
justnspace (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 12:35 PM

they arent comparable because they are going after two different markets.
the RDX is going after the entry level luxury market, while Mazda is going after the economy, people mover market.

If I were looking at the RDX, i would look at other intro-to-luxury SUV's and CUV's.

if i were to look at the CX-5 or the new CX-3, I would be looking at other econo SUVs and CUV's
Old 10-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In this ranking, consumer reports loses credibility when it comes to the compact SUV segment. Why?

They put Lexus at #1. Does this imply that the Lexus NX is better than the Porsche Macan at #6, which is behind Mazda and Subaru? Does this rating make sense? We already know the 2016 RDX is way better than the Lexus NX (weak 4 cylinder, small cabin, overpriced when fully loaded, ugly ugly grill). The only compact SUV on this list that competes with the 2016 RDX is the Porsche Macan. We can deduce that the RDX is better than the Macan because it is way more reliable and cheaper to maintain, has a more comfortable cabin, has better looks, and the Macan is 50% more expensive. Not sure why they're ranking non-luxury brands with luxury brands. If you do side by side comparison of features, the Mazdas and Toyotas don't come close to the 2016 RDX.

Hammer time!! Can't touch this!!!
The lose credibility because they also ranked the NX as a worst car. Take CR with a grain of salt.

'Consumer Reports' picks worst cars of 2015
Old 10-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Racer

I think the description of the RDX as a Honda+ is probably the best I've heard. It seems acura is more of a sideline to Honda than anything else. I have plenty of wind noise from the a-pillars (a perennial problem for acura for years) that shouldn't be there in an entry level luxury car. (As the tech told me, this has been an issue for Honda and acura for the 20 years he's been with them and there is a thread on this site where people are discussing wind noise from the a-pillars.)Some of the electronics were either not well thought out or are just outdated. I've found that riding through town at 38-40 mph often gives a pretty good jolt and I suppose this is the changing of 3-6 cylinder mode (it's not seamless), but this is probably the case with many other manufacturers that use this technology. It is a nice car, but not what I'd call entry level luxury. With that said, when I drove the CR-V it was quite the disappointment to me. That thing was NOISY (engine, road and wind) and it felt cheap. Very cheap. It's my guess that people buy it because of the Honda badge than anything else. I have 2 friends that shopped the CR-V last year. One bought a mazda CX-5 and the other bought a Cadillac SUV. They both had the same comment about the CR-V - it was cheap.
rbreeze (10-06-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Burning Brakes

I find the RDX wind noise is not that bad. I don't notice any jolt at any speed. The variable cylinder management is seamless in my RDX. Getting great gas mileage too!

I think the description of the RDX as a Honda+ is probably the best I've heard. It seems acura is more of a sideline to Honda than anything else. I have plenty of wind noise from the a-pillars (a perennial problem for acura for years) that shouldn't be there in an entry level luxury car. (As the tech told me, this has been an issue for Honda and acura for the 20 years he's been with them and there is a thread on this site where people are discussing wind noise from the a-pillars.)Some of the electronics were either not well thought out or are just outdated. I've found that riding through town at 38-40 mph often gives a pretty good jolt and I suppose this is the changing of 3-6 cylinder mode (it's not seamless), but this is probably the case with many other manufacturers that use this technology. It is a nice car, but not what I'd call entry level luxury. With that said, when I drove the CR-V it was quite the disappointment to me. That thing was NOISY (engine, road and wind) and it felt cheap. Very cheap. It's my guess that people buy it because of the Honda badge than anything else. I have 2 friends that shopped the CR-V last year. One bought a mazda CX-5 and the other bought a Cadillac SUV. They both had the same comment about the CR-V - it was cheap.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:31 AM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
In my view the 2016 RDX (together with the entire Acura brand) cannot be classified as "luxury", but rather "affordable premium".. or just "expensive Hondas". Which is fine for what Acura is. In many ways Acura is to Honda as Buick is to General Motors; both marques representing "step-up" brands of sorts. The TSX is (was) a nice car, but it may come as news to some that the vehicle was marketed in Australia as the "Honda Accord Euro". The brand "Acura" doesn't exist down-under, or in Europe for that matter.

As for the '16 RDX... while it has some nice improvements (such as all-LED exterior lighting) and newly available features (FINALLY arriving several model-years late), the vehicle, IMO, still suffers from 'too bland' slab-sided exterior styling and a dated-looking interior. The dual screen arrangement is inherently awkward (both in look and operation) and consumes too much dash real estate; it all adds to the interior's "yesterday" look.
Some other issues/shortcomings with the '16 RDX include:
- lack of sliding and reclining rear seats (available on many competitor vehicles)
- lack of panoramic sunroof (available on '16 Honda Pilot)
- lack of heated steering wheel (available on '16 Honda Pilot)
- lack of hands-free automatic power tailgate (available on several competitor vehicles/brands such as Ford, Lincoln, Hyundai & Kia)
- woefully insufficient "up" as well as insufficient "aft" travel on the newly available (2016) 8-way power passenger seat (how on earth does Acura get this wrong??!!)
- lack of auto high-beam headlights (available on '16 Honda Pilot)
- ugly and excessively small unique wheels on Advance/Elite model (much better looking and larger wheels available on all/most competitor vehicles, including '16 Honda Pilot)

I'm sure the 3rd gen (2018 m-y?) RDX will be significantly improved over the current vehicle, with Acura no doubt addressing all or most of its known shortcomings.
In the meantime.. all-new or significantly improved competitor vehicles to the RDX, to be introduced in N.A. over the next 6-24 months, will soon cause quite a lot of grief at Acura/Honda. Acura will need to up its game. Competition is good - it works to improve the breed.
The following 2 users liked this post by rbreeze:
Comfy (10-04-2015), hand-filer (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Burning Brakes

The things you mention are minor. The 2016 RDX gets it right in all the important luxury features such as engine, cameras, sensors, comfort of seats and smooth suspension. Acura is like Lexus except better. You can't compare it to Kia or Hyundai or Ford. Those cannot compete with the RDX.

The tires are pretty big because the rubber is thick. The rims are gorgeous on the fully loaded model.

Originally Posted by rbreeze
In my view the 2016 RDX (together with the entire Acura brand) cannot be classified as "luxury", but rather "affordable premium".. or just "expensive Hondas". Which is fine for what Acura is. In many ways Acura is to Honda as Buick is to General Motors; both marques representing "step-up" brands of sorts. The TSX is (was) a nice car, but it may come as news to some that the vehicle was marketed in Australia as the "Honda Accord Euro". The brand "Acura" doesn't exist down-under, or in Europe for that matter.

As for the '16 RDX... while it has some nice improvements (such as all-LED exterior lighting) and newly available features (FINALLY arriving several model-years late), the vehicle, IMO, still suffers from 'too bland' slab-sided exterior styling and a dated-looking interior. The dual screen arrangement is inherently awkward (both in look and operation) and consumes too much dash real estate; it all adds to the interior's "yesterday" look.
- lack of sliding and reclining rear seats (available on many competitor vehicles)
- lack of hands-free automatic power tailgate (available on several competitor vehicles/brands such as Ford, Lincoln, Hyundai & Kia)
- woefully insufficient "up" as well as insufficient "aft" travel on the newly available (2016) 8-way power passenger seat (how on earth does Acura get this wrong??!!)
- ugly and excessively small unique wheels on Advance/Elite model (much better looking and larger wheels available on all/most competitor vehicles, including '16 Honda Pilot)

I'm sure the 3rd gen (2018 m-y?) RDX will be significantly improved over the current vehicle, with Acura no doubt addressing all or most of its known shortcomings.
In the meantime.. all-new or significantly improved competitor vehicles to the RDX, to be introduced in N.A. over the next 6-24 months, will soon cause quite a lot of grief at Acura/Honda. Acura will need to up its game. Competition is good - it works to improve the breed.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Racer

-

I totally concur with your comments. The passenger seat was a major screw up. (They need to ask kia/Hyundai how to do this right.) Its peak height should be the bottoming out for the seat. And my wife and I really miss the auto high-beam headlights. We had those on our 2010 Toyota venza and would be willing to pay to have those added to our 2016 RDX.
rbreeze (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts
You can't compare it to Kia or Hyundai or Ford. Those cannot compete with the RDX.
You can if you have an open mind.
rbreeze (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 03:13 PM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Originally Posted by hand-filer
Exactly True!

So, to reiterate:
"You can't compare it to Kia or Hyundai or Ford. Those cannot compete with the RDX."

/AcraZombie
Old 10-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Burning Brakes

You can compare them but only to contrast the difference between a luxury vehicle like the 2016 RDX vs a non-luxury like the Ford Edge or others.

It's more appropriate to compare the RDX to Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Jaguar, Lexus, etc.

Originally Posted by hand-filer
Old 10-04-2015, 06:12 PM

Received 5,885 Likes on 2,900 Posts
You can compare them but only to contrast the difference between a luxury vehicle like the 2016 RDX vs a non-luxury like the Ford Edge or others.

It's more appropriate to compare the RDX to Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Jaguar, Lexus, etc.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Rockycawk, how much would it run me to get a good high off the same drugs you're on? Just curious.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
The things you mention are minor. The 2016 RDX gets it right in all the important luxury features such as engine, cameras, sensors, comfort of seats and smooth suspension. Acura is like Lexus except better. You can't compare it to Kia or Hyundai or Ford. Those cannot compete with the RDX.

The tires are pretty big because the rubber is thick. The rims are gorgeous on the fully loaded model.
^ Hey Rocky (or is it Bullwinkle?).. your opinion is entirely immaterial and amounts to regurgitated dribble. I don't want/need a response from you to any of my infrequent posts.
But seriously.. the (tire) rubber is thick and the rims are gorgeous?? WTF?! I laughed so hard at that I almost had a stroke.
Don't you have homework to do? Go play in the park, or help your mother with the dishes.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:28 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

^ Hey Rocky (or is it Bullwinkle?).. your opinion is entirely immaterial and amounts to regurgitated dribble. I don't want/need a response from you to any of my infrequent posts.
But seriously.. the (tire) rubber is thick and the rims are gorgeous?? WTF?! I laughed so hard at that I almost had a stroke.
Don't you have homework to do? Go play in the park, or help your mother with the dishes.
The tire rubber is as think as his head - but - if his dad had used a thick rubber then we wouldn't have to deal with him
The following 2 users liked this post by ceb:
rbreeze (10-05-2015), snorf (10-04-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 03:49 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
There is soft touch padding on the armrests. I find the exterior styling to be superior than those other cars you mentionned. The Lexus NX is a weak 4 cylinder vehicle with a grill that looks like a fish with the mouth wide opened. In fact, the 2016 RDX is the best looking car in its class with the best headlights. The 3D grill with Batman Acura symbol is also a huge improvement.

You made the right choice. Acura is a brand that is on the way up. Lexus is on the way down (much of it due to ugly design).

When I say the arm rest I mean the center console that I rest my arm on has zero padding.

Look, I am a Honda guy too but you have to be delirious. Style is subjective and yes the Lexus spindle grill is polarizing but so is the huge piece of plastic chrome on the Acura's. I am happy with my car but you can't stand there and tell me the NX200T isn't more exciting, daring, and just plain luxurious. Like I said in my write up even a Lincoln has more touches of luxury in it.

Also you said in another post you had the chance to get a Porsche! Either your full of poop or your stupid. One the RDX is nice but can't hold a candle to a Porsche but like a previous poster said German cars have huge amounts of maintenance unlike Honda's which are basically a $70 oil change and tire rotation every 5000 miles or more. If you have the money to get a Porsche you also are a different game of cuvs. Even the despised GLA in an AMG model would be better than a RDX.

I know you love Acura, but dude grow up
Old 10-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Rocky, seriously bro. What drugs you on? Hook a brotha up!
Old 10-05-2015, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Spot on. When I am in France I see a lot of TSX, mean Honda Accords...

But you are right Acura really is a premium brand like Buick, but in my opinion better but maybe that is my Honda bias coming through. Really the best Asian luxury brand is Lexus, and while they did start off cross platforming and making "luxury" cars that were similar to Toyotas, their new cars compete with some of the best German brands. I just can't say that about Acura features, performance, luxury, or design wise. The kicker for Acura is its extreme value, it still has enough cache and brand youth that people want to buy it over a loaded Chevy, Honda, or even Buick.

To Answer the question again, NO the RDX isn't just a nice CRV but if your talking about overall brand perception Acura is probably last on the "true" luxury car lists.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:09 AM
Burning Brakes

The occasional vitamin pills, sometimes vitamin C or D. If you count caffeine from drinks, occasional. Eating chicken salad right now.

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Rocky, seriously bro. What drugs you on? Hook a brotha up!
Old 10-06-2015, 12:26 AM
Burning Brakes

The center console on my 2016 RDX Elite has soft touch padding, similar to the padding on the doors. Not sure why yours has zero padding.

If you look at my previous threads, I explain why I chose the 2016 RDX over the Lexus NX and RX and the Porsche Macan, among other vehicles. I carefully examined many vehicles including Lexus, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Jaguar. I chose the 2016 RDX in the end and so happy with my decision. Also really glad I got pearl diamond white exterior with ebony interior.

The two screen infotainment system in the Acura is awesome! Which other company gives you two big screens? Many other companies have screens that look like ipads stuck onto the dashboard. Cheap, cheap, cheap. The 2016 RDX Elite has two built-in big screens with a roof to protect from glare.

Also, I have friends who own Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc. I can tell you this: the 2016 RDX is the best luxury CUV over all, after you factor in all the features you get, the top safety ratings, and the honest pricing. Why get ripped off by a brand like Mercedes or BMW when you can an Acura!

Originally Posted by jrasero
When I say the arm rest I mean the center console that I rest my arm on has zero padding.

Look, I am a Honda guy too but you have to be delirious. Style is subjective and yes the Lexus spindle grill is polarizing but so is the huge piece of plastic chrome on the Acura's. I am happy with my car but you can't stand there and tell me the NX200T isn't more exciting, daring, and just plain luxurious. Like I said in my write up even a Lincoln has more touches of luxury in it.

Also you said in another post you had the chance to get a Porsche! Either your full of poop or your stupid. One the RDX is nice but can't hold a candle to a Porsche but like a previous poster said German cars have huge amounts of maintenance unlike Honda's which are basically a $70 oil change and tire rotation every 5000 miles or more. If you have the money to get a Porsche you also are a different game of cuvs. Even the despised GLA in an AMG model would be better than a RDX.

I know you love Acura, but dude grow up
Old 10-06-2015, 06:56 AM

are you done being 16 yet?

Quick Reply: 2016 Acura RDX - luxury or just an expensive honda?