2016 Acura NSX #207

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 05:20 PM
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 Acura NSX #207

Hey guys,thought I'd share as I did over at V6P my boss's car. He finally got the NSX in from the dealer after months of waiting and a near **** show when the dealer tried marking up the MSRP BY 25K!

This car is seriously the real deal and is very ergonomically designed for driver and passenger. The Brakes are amazingly powerful and have a regenerative ability.
Visibility is typical for Honda and greatly useful versus say the machine gun bunker visibility of a camaro.

The twin turbo v6 is a true powerhouse and the shove coming from the gas engine and electric motors is phenomenally impressive.

I think the best part I like about it is how much better it looks in person and from certain angles really does evoke views of the past nsx models. It really does. Truly have to see this car in person to appreciate it's design as well as the details.
Can't wait to further go over it in further detail but for now this thing is a rocket that corners unlike any SH-AWD honda product I've ever been in but handling is indeed very Honda-like if that makes sense. Awesome to know Honda DNA IS a major part of this car.
Job well done I think.
And on to the pics...[img]
&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]"> &mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

This car has been pushed to it's limits after a 1,000 mile break-in period. It is raced nearly every weekend and blows through a set of R-Rated tires within 4 racing weekends.
This weekend it will be at Chuckwalla Raceway granted the weather lets up.
Hope you guys enjoy!
[/img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPzF...ature=youtu.be

Old 01-29-2017, 08:14 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I'd like to hear more about the attempted $25k "Markup"....had he already paid for it? Agreed on a final price?
Old 02-01-2017, 12:21 PM
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

It was over at the Tempe Acura dealer. He had to put down $10K to reserve an NSX. Then the dealer went through a management change and the new finance guy was marking these cars up.
So my boss told him plainly to fuck off and went over his head to the owner and threatened to notify Acura of North America if they were going to play hard ball. They ended playing hard ball so he wrote Acura OF NA and they responded immediately that day and said that as he had paid to reserve the car at around 164K that he would still pay that same price given how long the wait was for any NSX to come to AZ.
So finance guy calls back and we have the guy on speakerphone here at our work and the guy was totally apologetic and had some lame excuse of "taxes" the dealer had to pay for selling a high end car which prompted the price hike. Boss still told him to fuck off and that he would not deal with him anytime he was back at Tempe Acura. Funny thing is he's been back 3 times to swap his roasted R-rated pirelli's for fresh meats and the guy avoids him everytime. Funny idiot.
The following 2 users liked this post by estradaccord:
lumpulus (02-05-2017), Tonyware (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 03:57 PM
'20 TLX SH-AWD A-Spec

Received 345 Likes on 253 Posts
OP, not surprised about what you are saying... Marketing people and sales people are trying to create the illusion once they see someone hot about the NSX and they measure him as as having tons of money...

But, sales are weak. They sold 269 in North America in 2016 and then sales went flat. So all this dealership line-up stories, down payments, pre-orders, waiting for delivery, blah blah blah is just marketing bull. Unless, Honda/Acura is going to take that new manufacturing plant off-line just to create the illusion that you have to wait for an NSX. But I kinda doubt their accountants, who have the final say in anything these days, will agree with the marketing people. Inventories are building up and there are no sales... If you really want an NSX, possibly with a discount or all kinds of extra carbon bits thrown in for free, wait until the end of the year or at least until this summer... when executives realize that their entire market in North America was indeed 300-500 customers and they have to think of ways to push that car out the door...

PS. Actually my guess is that the smart money is waiting for a street legal NSX GT to appear... or the new S2000.... ?