Pondering a little

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Pondering a little

I’ve had my car for about 3 years and have not put a single mod into her. Mainly, due to financial constraints but I have loved her just the way she came. Well I’m about to graduate school and was thinking about getting another car which is the 2004 Lexus GS430. Before anyone throws the tomatoes help me make a rational decision. I cleaner her for the CL ad and I gatta say it would be sad to see her go. However, the GS430 is a mighty car with a lot of kick in RWD.

CL SSM 6 Speed 105k with black interior no navi (pictures included)
GS will be black on black with Navi 91K miles (picture included)

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Pondering a little-screen-shot-2015-03-09-9.40.57-pm.png   Pondering a little-screen-shot-2015-03-09-9.46.15-pm.png  
Old 03-09-2015, 09:12 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
Is the CL paid off and how much will you have to pay to get the lexus?

Since you just graduated, just keep the CL, get a good job and save your money.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gnuts
Is the CL paid off and how much will you have to pay to get the lexus?

Since you just graduated, just keep the CL, get a good job and save your money.
YEs, the CL is paid off. I’d be taking out another 5k at about 3% interest rate
Old 03-09-2015, 09:54 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
No debt... No debt. Unless it's for a house that is going to make you money. :-)

If yours going to spend money on something, go travelling. The memories will last a lifetime. Cars don't :-(
Old 03-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
No debt... No debt. Unless it's for a house that is going to make you money. :-)

If yours going to spend money on something, go travelling. The memories will last a lifetime. Cars don't :-(
This is some great advice. Glad to see honest people respond. I’m actually traveling to Peru in a couple weeks for 9 days. My last spring break... ever
Old 03-09-2015, 11:34 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Lol I was just there for two week in November.

Try and get to huacachina... When you arrive in Lima you can pay the cab drivers to drive u there directly.. It's about 5 hours but Soo worth it... Only for 2-3 days you'll get the whole experience. Make sure you take the dune buddy guide ride to the coastline.. It's just amazing the scenery. Make sure u haggle the cab drivers. They will try and stiff you cause ur a foreigner lol.
Lima is ok, they got some good food lemme tell you. Go to alfrescos they have the best saviche omg. To die for.
Custco is really good, the altitude will get to you the first few days, but it's a good place to be if you want to go to Machu Picchu like we did.
I reccomend you take the bus up to the ruins, then you will have the energy to walk around and enjoy the scenery. And then you can climb Machu Picchu mountain. Which most people would never dare to climb.. 3000 ft of ancient inca stairs. When you get to the top there is no water. So bring a camelback the big one that holds 3 litres. I did and my 5 friends did not... They were all beggin me for water. I have never seen such a dehydrated bunch of shlubs in my life :-)

Have a blast pal, it won't be hard. And keep an eye out for thieves if you are not in a big group, they prey on people like us. I swear, be safe
Old 03-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
Lol I was just there for two week in November.

Try and get to huacachina... When you arrive in Lima you can pay the cab drivers to drive u there directly.. It's about 5 hours but Soo worth it... Only for 2-3 days you'll get the whole experience. Make sure you take the dune buddy guide ride to the coastline.. It's just amazing the scenery. Make sure u haggle the cab drivers. They will try and stiff you cause ur a foreigner lol.
Lima is ok, they got some good food lemme tell you. Go to alfrescos they have the best saviche omg. To die for.
Custco is really good, the altitude will get to you the first few days, but it's a good place to be if you want to go to Machu Picchu like we did.
I reccomend you take the bus up to the ruins, then you will have the energy to walk around and enjoy the scenery. And then you can climb Machu Picchu mountain. Which most people would never dare to climb.. 3000 ft of ancient inca stairs. When you get to the top there is no water. So bring a camelback the big one that holds 3 litres. I did and my 5 friends did not... They were all beggin me for water. I have never seen such a dehydrated bunch of shlubs in my life :-)

Have a blast pal, it won't be hard. And keep an eye out for thieves if you are not in a big group, they prey on people like us. I swear, be safe
I’m taking a screenshot of this lol. My gf is Peruvian and she is booking the trips. We arrive in Lima the first day and fly to Custco the next day for 3 days and then back to Lima. We are doing a hiking trip to a Camel back is a great idea!
Old 03-10-2015, 07:40 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

We went zip lining, white water rafting, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking.... I am sure I am forgetting some stuff too.

There are ruins in custco too! A few different sectors of it. You can mKe a decent day out of it and it's not expensive really. Maybe 30$ at most... There currency is less than 1/3 of yours so you will be living like kings no matter where you go.

We stayed in a hostel called Loki, just be ware tho hostels usually have 4-6 ppl per room so if you want privacy, make sure you inquire about that :-)

If you are going to custco just be prepared for the altitude it does mess with everyone.

I had altitude pills but I got very very tingly hands and feet. To the point I stopped taking the pills and would rather just deal with the elevation... Which you get use to after two days or so. My other friends who took them also got the same symptoms and then stopped taking them.
The following users liked this post:
drillzzz (03-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 07:43 AM
6mt swapped..smart

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
Tripadvisor-zine!

Old 03-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
Keep the CL, get a job after school, save money and go from there to plan/save for your next car. Being that the CL is bone stock with over 100k theres no need to treat it as a weekend driver, id keep it as long as possible.
drillzzz (03-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 01:21 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
i purchased my cl 12 years ago brand new and still own it. It is hard finding a car that reliable and still fun to drive as a cl. Save Save Save your money.
drillzzz (03-10-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Instructor

Since I’m keeping her maybe I should freshen her up a little.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-par...-tires-926416/