Hardrace suspension parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by Ponto
I agree - nimble and more vids!

I am doing my first track day on Aug 4 at Autobahn in Joliet.
Nice. That should be a blast. What group are you running with. I might be going to black hawk farms track in august with ppl from shop I use, project x customs.

I will be at Schaumburg auto-x next weekend. The next level car show will be in the auto-x parking lot. I will be showing my car at that show with my shop also.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:53 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Sounds like you have some fun events coming up as well. This is my first one so definitely running novice. It will be more about the experience and hoping to get some time with an instructor. I have enjoyed prepping the car. Really surprised how much better it drives with eibach sways and new motor mounts. Add in headers, better brakes, and shifter bushings and it's a different car. Can't imagine how much better your car is with the weight loss and other goodies! Learning that the cheapest part of a track day is the entry fee

Do you recommend any timing/track apps?
Old 07-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Lone Wolf

Sounds like you have some fun events coming up as well. This is my first one so definitely running novice. It will be more about the experience and hoping to get some time with an instructor. I have enjoyed prepping the car. Really surprised how much better it drives with eibach sways and new motor mounts. Add in headers, better brakes, and shifter bushings and it's a different car. Can't imagine how much better your car is with the weight loss and other goodies! Learning that the cheapest part of a track day is the entry fee

Do you recommend any timing/track apps?
I have no experience with data logging. I will look into that when I do a few more track days.

What brake pads and fluid are you running? What tires?

Hopefully I can get the roll bar/harness bar setup done this winter so I can feel safe on the tracks. I need to buy a crotch strap for my harness to prevent submarining.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:53 PM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
EBC Redstuff and standard Honda fluid. Hankook Ventus V2 Concept rubber. Nothing crazy.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:26 AM
Lone Wolf

EBC Redstuff and standard Honda fluid. Hankook Ventus V2 Concept rubber. Nothing crazy.
I would upgrade to a dot 4 fluid for brakes. Motul RBF600 is a good choice. I am running EBC yellow pads, and I would consider those entry level track pads. I run those because I still drive on the street, otherwise I'd be running Carbotech pads.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:05 AM
Lone Wolf

I installed steering bushing and I noticed a little difference. Steering feels slightly weightier, crisper, and slightly better turn in. It was very easy to install.

On a side note I bought a new dd/autocross car. I bought a 2014 focus st with the st3 package. It isn't the lightest package for autocross but needs to be my daily. I know it sucks I am stuck with 2 fwd cars.

It will be interesting to compare both cars out on the courses.

I was expecting the fiesta st and focus st to feel about as fast as my cl does. After driving them I was a little surprised that they seem tame and slow. I guess my cl is just a beast.

I won't be modding the FoST much in the first few years. I might set it up for G stock autocross class. Can only do wheels, tires, exhaust, intake filter, one sway bar really. The FoST is doing really well nationally in that class.

I might think of making the cl more for track use instead of autocross. Will wait and see.

I was looking for a fwd/awd car with a manual I can daily in winter for 30k or less. I also considered autocross. I looked at the fiesta st, 15 gti, and 15 wrx also. I really liked how the fiesta drove, but the interior was just too cheap. The gti is a great car, but gets really pricey with options (might as well get a wrx sti at that price. The wrx would have been a good option. A dealer had a focus in st3 trim without the moon roof just how I wanted plus they offer 3k off sticker.

Last edited by brian6speed; 08-22-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:27 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
nice pickup. No pic?

i hope the focus can handle your winters. So you're thinking of 1/4mile for the CL?
Old 08-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by gnuts
nice pickup. No pic?

i hope the focus can handle your winters. So you're thinking of 1/4mile for the CL?
I have not picked it up yet. I will leave to get it in 30 minutes. The cl was fine for me in winter for 8 to 9 years and that was on all seasons. I will buy winter only tires for the focus.

For the cl I meant road course tracking, not drag racing. That isn't really my style. I might go just to see what cl can do though.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by brian6speed
I installed steering bushing and I noticed a little difference. Steering feels slightly weightier, crisper, and slightly better turn in. It was very easy to install.

On a side note I bought a new dd/autocross car. I bought a 2014 focus st with the st3 package. It isn't the lightest package for autocross but needs to be my daily. I know it sucks I am stuck with 2 fwd cars.

It will be interesting to compare both cars out on the courses.

I was expecting the fiesta st and focus st to feel about as fast as my cl does. After driving them I was a little surprised that they seem tame and slow. I guess my cl is just a beast.

I won't be modding the FoST much in the first few years. I might set it up for G stock autocross class. Can only do wheels, tires, exhaust, intake filter, one sway bar really. The FoST is doing really well nationally in that class.

I might think of making the cl more for track use instead of autocross. Will wait and see.

I was looking for a fwd/awd car with a manual I can daily in winter for 30k or less. I also considered autocross. I looked at the fiesta st, 15 gti, and 15 wrx also. I really liked how the fiesta drove, but the interior was just too cheap. The gti is a great car, but gets really pricey with options (might as well get a wrx sti at that price. The wrx would have been a good option. A dealer had a focus in st3 trim without the moon roof just how I wanted plus they offer 3k off sticker.
Need to watch it with the focus st. The brakes easily overheat due to the use of them as an active dif to help with the handling. I drove one this summer an a small track and after 2 laps the brakes were toast.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Need to watch it with the focus st. The brakes easily overheat due to the use of them as an active dif to help with the handling. I drove one this summer an a small track and after 2 laps the brakes were toast.
Yea I have read that. I will only be using it for autocross so hopefully it isn't too bad.

I will post a pic after I wash and wax it, then pull my cl out next to it for a photo op. Weather has been awful here last week. Today is supposed to feel like it is 104 degrees out.

I have already ordered a few parts for it. So many more aftermarket options than the cl it makes choosing parts harder. Always something to complain about.

Last edited by brian6speed; 08-25-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Lone Wolf

Sorry I have not posted a pic yet. It seems impossible to have both cars clean at the same time.

I will post a dirty pic later today. I signed up for the Octane Academy driving experience for Oct 12-13. It is in utah, I am really excited for it and expect to learn a lot.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Lone Wolf

I will probably start a focus specific thread in car talk or whatever appropriate forum to avoid cluttering up this one. Here are a few pics I snapped earlier on my phone.

As you can see I already debadged the rear and gotta love the recaros.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Lone Wolf

I started a build thread for the focus if anyone cares. If not I can atleast keep track of my mods this way.
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/2014-fost-build-thread-dd-autocross-duty-917304/