walkin handle cable help

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 06:31 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
walkin handle cable help

My seat won't lock into the upright position when I move the walk in handle up or down, so anytime i'm not in the car or just getting into the car the seat is always forward. I am trying to find out what I need to do to fix this. The link below is a picture that I am going off of but it doesn't show that cable that is attached to it

Acura online store

from this link, you will notice part 9, 33, 21 and 10. There is a frayed metal cable that attaches to part 9 (like the frayed metal cable for a bicycle brakes).

Acura Parts @ AcuraOEMparts.com - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Delray Acura

Number 8 on this link shows that walk in cable as stated above.

Ok, so what is the walk in handle supposed to do? is there a way to adjust this to get it to lock? or does all of this need to be replaced for it to work?
Old 01-30-2016, 11:35 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump
Old 01-31-2016, 09:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,392 Posts
OK, LOL. I'll take a shot at this.

Originally Posted by Jeff Hicks
Ok, so what is the walk in handle supposed to do?
On my 6-speed, when I actuate the walk in handle UP on the drivers side seat, the seat back motions forward, activating the electric seat motor, moving the seat to its forward most position to allow access to the rear passenger area. When I fully pull the seat back to the rear, it locks and this, in turn, activates the electric seat motor to move the seat back to the position stored in the seat position memory.

is there a way to adjust this to get it to lock?

The manual has a whole section on the 'SEATS'; pages 20-73 through 20-87 that displays all you need to work on them should you decide to DIY. Specifically, page 20-79 deals with the 'Rear Seat Access Cable Adjustment'.

Post #3 on the thread below reflects where you can get a CL 6-speed manual cheap:

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...d-help-939447/

or does all of this need to be replaced for it to work?
Good question. That cannot be determined unless the seat is examined to figure out what is causing your current issue.

Another approach you may consider, if you are not keen on DIY, is to use carparts.com and search for a black seat in your local area auto salvage and replace the whole seat with a known good one.

Good Luck!