question about the stock alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about the stock alarm

Ok i got my car from a stupid used car dealer a couple months ago, he said that the radio and alarm didn't work. The reason Y i said he is stupid it because the radio didn't have the anti-theft code. So I lucked out there and just had to punch it in. The alarm on the other hand is a bit more mysterious.

Here are the clues, by the way I have a 98 CL 2.3.
Ok the electronic key / alarm thing works. The lights flashes when i press it to unlock the door and it flashes. When I lock the door it doesn't flash. When i hit panic, the lights flash. When I open the door while the car is locked from the electronic key, it doesn't flash. During all these things, there is no sound coming from the car. On the car, are stickers for acura anti-theft alarm and anti-theft radio. I though the previous owner just put them there to be cheap, lol. But who knows.

Ok so the three questions I have is, is there a secret way to turn on/off the alarm sound or the alarm itself and keep the keyless entry. Or the alarm might be damaged, Or they did something stupid like cut the alarm horn in the car (by the way where the hell is it).

I want to see if I can fix it first before going to a place and pay somebody to do it. For all I know, I could just have to hit a button and it will work. Thanks