new exhaust vids

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
new exhaust vids

If anybody wanted to hear how it sounds. Sorry about the wind noises... I didn't feel any wind blowing

No problem hearing the stereo... maybe I made it too quiet :wink:
Old 11-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Instructor

Feel free to say it sucks if you think it sucks. For what I put into it and how it could have turned out I couldn't be happier. Maybe I'll try to get a vid w/o wind noise. That's probably the last mod I'll do until I install the underdrive crank pulley and I don't plan to do that until I replace the t-belt.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
I think the wind noise just kills it. But from what I can hear, it does sound a bit more raspy than stock. I really like the way it looks from the back, though. It's an obvious upgrade from the factory cans, while not being too flashy.
The following users liked this post:
mike88se (11-12-2015)
Old 11-11-2015, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I’m not going to give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. Would like to hear another video with less wind and more revs. What did you get modified on the exhaust and what did you install? I coincidentally went into the shop today for an exhaust quote.

I do like the way the car looks from the back with the debadge!
The following users liked this post:
mike88se (11-12-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 03:11 AM
Instructor

I'll try to get a better vid. Lets see... I installed the XSPower headers and the 2.5" Magnaflow cat. I bought a flange and enlarged the hole to 2.5" and had the shop I mentioned in the other thread weld the flange on the cat so I could bolt it to the headers. I ran that patched into the stock exhaust for a while. I bought this kit and a couple of 2.5" resonators and mufflers. The shop that put it together was great. They didn't have any problem with me bringing in my own parts. They had a nice tig setup and seemed to have fun making everything fit. I didn't buy any tips because I didn't know what I needed and really wasn't interested in tips. I was shocked when I saw them welding those tips on. I was talking to this guy who had his Challenger in for a new exhaust and he said hey look they're putting some tips on your car. The owner said they were left from another project and he didn't want to see the car leave his shop w/o some tips so he donated them. The shop made the whole thing so easy and at such a reasonable price and with the tips and all I didn't even say anything about the left muffler. Both mufflers are tilted so its not that noticeable... and I rarely see it anyway.
So to sum it up... XS power headers, 2.5" cat, that piping kit, two resonators and two mufflers from Summit. All aluminized except the headers and tips. I'm in southeast Tx so no rust problems here and I'm not into aesthetics in exhausts.
That kit is available in stainless for $100 more for people who have real winters w/ ice and snow and salt or people who just like stainless.
All in all the upsides aren't great. A little more flow and sound. No downsides though which was a pleasant surprise. Like Jarrett mentioned there's just a bit of rasp. I was a little worried it might be too loud or have that Honda sound or some drone but it's all good. Oh and I always know which gear I'm in now lol. The car was so quiet before I'd forget to shift into 4th sometimes
Old 11-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mike88se
I'll try to get a better vid. Lets see... I installed the XSPower headers and the 2.5" Magnaflow cat. I bought a flange and enlarged the hole to 2.5" and had the shop I mentioned in the other thread weld the flange on the cat so I could bolt it to the headers. I ran that patched into the stock exhaust for a while. I bought this kit and a couple of 2.5" resonators and mufflers. The shop that put it together was great. They didn't have any problem with me bringing in my own parts. They had a nice tig setup and seemed to have fun making everything fit. I didn't buy any tips because I didn't know what I needed and really wasn't interested in tips. I was shocked when I saw them welding those tips on. I was talking to this guy who had his Challenger in for a new exhaust and he said hey look they're putting some tips on your car. The owner said they were left from another project and he didn't want to see the car leave his shop w/o some tips so he donated them. The shop made the whole thing so easy and at such a reasonable price and with the tips and all I didn't even say anything about the left muffler. Both mufflers are tilted so its not that noticeable... and I rarely see it anyway.
So to sum it up... XS power headers, 2.5" cat, that piping kit, two resonators and two mufflers from Summit. All aluminized except the headers and tips. I'm in southeast Tx so no rust problems here and I'm not into aesthetics in exhausts.
That kit is available in stainless for $100 more for people who have real winters w/ ice and snow and salt or people who just like stainless.
All in all the upsides aren't great. A little more flow and sound. No downsides though which was a pleasant surprise. Like Jarrett mentioned there's just a bit of rasp. I was a little worried it might be too loud or have that Honda sound or some drone but it's all good. Oh and I always know which gear I'm in now lol. The car was so quiet before I'd forget to shift into 4th sometimes

Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Upload another video so we can hear all that hard work. I wanted to get the header you put on. How did the headers look? Did it clear the rear motor mount without any issues?
Old 11-13-2015, 05:25 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by drillzzz
Glad to hear it all worked out for you. Upload another video so we can hear all that hard work. I wanted to get the header you put on. How did the headers look? Did it clear the rear motor mount without any issues?
I'll see what I can do about another vid. The welds on the headers and the downpipe looked fine. The fit was perfect, no issues at all.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:38 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
[QUOTE=mike88se; Oh and I always know which gear I'm in now lol. The car was so quiet before I'd forget to shift into 4th sometimes [/QUOTE]

I completely relate to that, the only thing that saves me is I like to look at the tach.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Instructor