Moving on after CL

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 12:02 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving on after CL

Hello~ I saw a thread on here from 2010 but couldn't find it again about how long the CL will last. I'm almost at 241,000 mi. Yes, I had the transmission rebuilt in 2011 and it shifts fine. Just replaced the fluid again. I've replaced almost everything on this car. Right now I have a really bad vibration, and noise under my feet when I'm above speeds of 60mph. My mechanic was thinking it's the driveshaft which I'm not knowledgeable about. It doesn't make driving fun. Not sure the cost to fix. I've been looking at moving on from the CL, I looked at an RSX but I would miss heated seats even tho mine burned out this year. I was considering the TSX since it's Japanese made and I had one as a rental from Acura when I had some service done and I liked it. How long did your CL last and what did you move onto if you did stay within the Honda family?
Old 03-12-2017, 01:11 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
If you've replaced most things on the CL then it might make most sense to replace the driveshaft(s) and keep it.

​​​​​a used RSX you'll be in the same boat with an older car that might need maintenance.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Is the vibration only at higher speeds? Do you feel it more in your foot on the gas pedal more than say in the steering wheel or the seat? Likely the inner passenger CV joint on the axle. If you haven't replaced either axle since you've owned it, odds are it would be best to replace both. Don't forget , if you haven't had any suspension parts replaced yet, there are several parts that are wear parts that need to come apart when replacing the axles. Honestly with 200k+ if you haven't replaced lower ball joints, outer tie rods etc - I'd consider having them replaced when they do the axles. They likely won't charge you a lot more labor since they are already in there.