Manzo headers review

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:05 AM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Manzo headers review

I just finished installing these headers and figured it may help someone in the future:

Manzo 6 2 1 Sport Manifold Exhaust Header for Acura 01 03 CL TL Tpye s 3 2L V6 | eBay

I took a chance on these after searching and searching for the Comptech headers and couldn't find them. Anyway......the fit and finish was pretty good although the welds could have been better. I grinded down some on the welds on the inside of the tubing to help air flow. The tubing itself on the J-pipe seemed a little thin but for the money what do you expect. The bend in the rear header was perfect for my 6 speed mount. I had about an 1/8" clearance. I had no problem whatsoever with the install. All together I am impressed. The power increase that everyone talks about is diffinetely there. I would purchase them again if I ever needed to. Hopefully I don't but time will tell if they stand the test of time.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dope man !
You do have any pictures of them in person?
Old 08-30-2015, 12:38 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Good to know! I saw these on eBay also and debated getting them while my comptech J-pipe gets fixed. Decided to go with xs since people had reviewed them before.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by spaceghostpurrp
Dope man !
You do have any pictures of them in person?

I don't have any pictures of them.....I'm sorry but they look exactly like what is pictured in the link.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by bigdaddyKA8
Good to know! I saw these on eBay also and debated getting them while my comptech J-pipe gets fixed. Decided to go with xs since people had reviewed them before.
It took me a while to purchase them. I just couldn't find the XS. It took me even longer to install them. It had to be 6 months. I was just so unsure.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:29 AM
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
There is likely zero difference in any of these headers other than the actual Comptech units. They are all likely produced in the very same factory in China and just packaged in different brand boxes to give buyers some semblance of legitimate product offerings. I'm not knocking these at all, I have some "SR-S" headers myself (obvious RS-R name association).

At various points in the production of these things it seems they have gone back and forth between producing them with and without the bend necessary for the 6-speed guys, but that seems to be the main difference. If you can come to Dallas and show me that your "Manzo" headers have a different collector diameter, primary length or steel grade than mine, I'll buy you a beer.

Again, they're decent for what they are. I don't like buying obvious rip-offs, but Comptech isn't making headers anymore so I'm not taking any business from them. I also don't need to be CARB compliant. These suit my needs just fine. But I also don't think there's any difference brand to brand and to refer to them by branding just gives rip-off Chinese companies legitimacy in their practice of ripping other companies off.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JarrettLauderdale
There is likely zero difference in any of these headers other than the actual Comptech units. They are all likely produced in the very same factory in China and just packaged in different brand boxes to give buyers some semblance of legitimate product offerings. I'm not knocking these at all, I have some "SR-S" headers myself (obvious RS-R name association).

At various points in the production of these things it seems they have gone back and forth between producing them with and without the bend necessary for the 6-speed guys, but that seems to be the main difference. If you can come to Dallas and show me that your "Manzo" headers have a different collector diameter, primary length or steel grade than mine, I'll buy you a beer.

Again, they're decent for what they are. I don't like buying obvious rip-offs, but Comptech isn't making headers anymore so I'm not taking any business from them. I also don't need to be CARB compliant. These suit my needs just fine. But I also don't think there's any difference brand to brand and to refer to them by branding just gives rip-off Chinese companies legitimacy in their practice of ripping other companies off.
Well the legitimacy in purchasing Chinese knockoffs when it's the only thing you can get for your car is......well legitimate. If I could've found Comptech headers I would've certainly bought them. As I would rather pay for a quality item once than an inferior product twice. They work and if purchasing Manzo headers is your only option. It could be worse.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:57 PM
J35 _ 5 Speed A/T

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jarrett is right, they all from the same place.

I would have gone over the welds on the primaries at least, before you installed them. Most, if not all, end up cracking at those spots. The bigger diameter tubing does add power though.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Are the primary tubes coming off the heads 1.5" like comptech or larger?
Kind of want to get a custom set of header manifolds in around 1.6" diameter with longer length tubing and a true merge collector.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Racer

I keep saying that the first company to make a set of headers for the 1st generation J-series guys that matches up with the J-pipe from a '03-'07 Accord V6 or '04-'08 TL is going to do very well. Between the current length of aftermarket headers available to us and the height of the flange where the aforementioned J-pipe sits, there are about 4 inches of space. If someone took that space and made longer primaries with a true 3-1 collector it would make gobs of power more than even the current aftermarket headers do.

I've asked Prank Parts about it before and he said that he had considered it, but didn't see it getting off the ground any time soon. If a bunch of people pestered him about it, though...
Old 09-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN
Jarrett is right, they all from the same place.

I would have gone over the welds on the primaries at least, before you installed them. Most, if not all, end up cracking at those spots. The bigger diameter tubing does add power though.
I don't disagree that they are all from the same place. These are readily available unlike other brands.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by brian6speed
Are the primary tubes coming off the heads 1.5" like comptech or larger?
Kind of want to get a custom set of header manifolds in around 1.6" diameter with longer length tubing and a true merge collector.
I never even measured. I had to clean up some of the welds. So far so good though.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Racer

I keep saying that the first company to make a set of headers for the 1st generation J-series guys that matches up with the J-pipe from a '03-'07 Accord V6 or '04-'08 TL is going to do very well. Between the current length of aftermarket headers available to us and the height of the flange where the aforementioned J-pipe sits, there are about 4 inches of space. If someone took that space and made longer primaries with a true 3-1 collector it would make gobs of power more than even the current aftermarket headers do.

I've asked Prank Parts about it before and he said that he had considered it, but didn't see it getting off the ground any time soon. If a bunch of people pestered him about it, though...
I would be more than interested. How about a group buy.

Last edited by coopcoop30; 09-13-2015 at 12:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Lone Wolf

Wouldn't work with my custom setup, but I plan to pester King Motorsports this winter. If they don't want work I will find another shop that will.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:49 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
I emailed rv6 about making primaries to connect to one of their current jpipes but they weren't interested. Not a big enough market.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:59 PM
Racer

I just don't think these companies understand the market size. The Civic/Integra guys who swap J-series usually always pick up a J32A2. Even still, you have the entire 6th generation Accord V6 market as well as all of the CL/TL guys. You'd even have 1st generation CL guys buying them!

If there's a market for the current off-brand headers, there's a market for better ones. Admittedly, the cost that these would have to be marketed at would make for a smaller market, but it's still there. I bet 50 sets would be sold, easily. Recently, I participated in a group buy for the Vibrant H22A header for my Accord. We were told that we would need a minimum of 75 orders. We got well over 100! That was a $500 price point. If you made J-series headers that had good bends and true collectors, I'd be all over it. Run a factory Accord/TL J-pipe for emissions testing and get your pretty RV6P v3 J-pipe for everyday. Done.
Old 09-14-2015, 07:58 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
I mentioned that it would fit all those cars, but still no luck. You could just relocate a high flow cat a little further down too. I bought an O2 extension and did that for my setup.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:50 PM
Lone Wolf

Even if a company agrees to make it, they don't like using real merge collectors because of extra cost. Most buyers don't know the difference and aren't willing to spend extra on the collectors.

Since I want quality stainless and real collectors custom is way to go.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by brian6speed
Even if a company agrees to make it, they don't like using real merge collectors because of extra cost. Most buyers don't know the difference and aren't willing to spend extra on the collectors.

Since I want quality stainless and real collectors custom is way to go.
Here's a thought. Since custom is the way to go....and I agree with you. Wherever you get yours done. Let's try a group buy. I mean they will have already made a set.