Changing rear bank spark plugs on CL-S 6 Speed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 04:29 PM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Changing rear bank spark plugs on CL-S 6 Speed?

I got the easy ones out of the way first, changing plugs on the front bank was a piece of cake.

However, getting at the rear bank seems like a bit of a nightmare. Looking at the TL writeup, there's definitely less stuff on the back of the engine for those cars https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...ge-diy-760163/

Looks like I will have to remove the cruise control actuator for sure, and possibly also the strut bar and power steering hose bracket? Wanted to see if anyone had experience doing this, and maybe there's an easier way to do this that I'm missing?

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2017, 06:25 PM
M90booosted

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
no need to remove the strut tower bar. remove the IMRC and power steering bracket. easy. it might also help to remove the 2 bolts holding the harness to the valve cover.
The following users liked this post:
helloha1 (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 10:13 PM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 03-6/6
no need to remove the strut tower bar. remove the IMRC and power steering bracket. easy. it might also help to remove the 2 bolts holding the harness to the valve cover.
That did the trick, thanks! Was definitely a lot easier than I expected, having wobble extensions helped out a ton.
One thing I noticed after putting everything back together, the IMRC shakes a little by hand. Is this normal (vibration damping or something?) or something I should look into?