Car won't start!! **solution included

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car won't start!! **solution included

I'm making this thread for anyone who may need this kind of help.

I went to start my car the other day at the shopping plaza and it would not start. No cranking of the engine no clicking sounds when turning the key. All the lights worked just fine even when turning the key. All electronics were the same as before the non starting issue.

Bought a new starter and changed out the old one. A few months earlier I switched out the battery and new wires from Acura so I knew these wouldn't be the issue. Unfortunately, the new starter had no effect in regard to my problem. Jumped on the forum and read out the main relay. Drove to my local pep boys paid 50 bucks for a new main relay. As I was bending over to remove the old relay I happened to notice a bunch of small pieces of plastic. Now, about 5 months ago my brake light wouldn't shut off so I lucky new what these pieces were but was unaware how they related to my issues. After searching a little more and reading the service manual I read on the clutch safety switch. Sure enough this component had a plastic nipple to depress the pin in order to regulate the flow of current (hopefully I got that sentence right). Above this component is another component that is part of the clutch system that also utilitizes a plastic nipple. Neatless to say I drove to Acura and bought a few of these plastic nipples for 3 dollars each and went home to install them. 20 minutes later my car was up and running.

If your car does not start up and you hear no cranking or clicking, check your floor board for broken plastic nipples/ bumpers. It's a cheap buy and fix to something that could be a huge headache.

Sorry for for any poor English as I was in a rush to type this info out!

Good luck
The following users liked this post:
Ron A (09-24-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 03:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,390 Posts
^
Sorry to hear, I had the same thing happen in June and it is no fun:

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...er-pad-946869/

Last edited by zeta; 09-24-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:10 PM
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
This has been a problem with nearly every manual transmission Honda I've had. I bought a few of them and keep at least one in the car at all times.