Aftermarket seats for 2001 cl?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 07:37 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket seats for 2001 cl?

I'll be looking for decent seats at a low price (hopefully) soon.. My local junkyard wants 160 for stock seats that aren't ripped, well passenger side looks about to rip...that's too expensive for that honestly..

Any aftermarket seats that come with brackets to fit our weird side mount seat mounts? I ordered a pair a while ago and got my brackets off an old set of seats but they won't clear the rails on the aftermarket seat so I'm lost on it now..
Old 05-24-2016, 07:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
what makes you think you can find 'aftermarket' seats for cheaper than that?

Find an upholstery place that will fix the ones you got
Old 05-24-2016, 08:46 AM
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts
Any aftermarket seats that can be purchased for anywhere NEAR that price are waiting to fold you over like a taco in the first collision you have. If they even make it that far. Your best bet for aftermarket seats is a used set of Recaros from an Accord Euro-R, Integra Type-R or Civic Type-R. Those can be found for around $1000 for a pair in decent condition. More if you want the red ones.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:50 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
With aftermarket seats you lose airbags, heated seats, memory position, and ability of seat to slide forward to access rear seats.

Like already said, not sure how aftermarket seats will be cheaper.

Including seats, base brackets, sliders, side mounts, harnesses, etc. I have over $5000 in my seat setup alone.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by crimsonviel
I'll be looking for decent seats at a low price (hopefully) soon.. My local junkyard wants 160 for stock seats that aren't ripped, well passenger side looks about to rip...that's too expensive for that honestly..

Any aftermarket seats that come with brackets to fit our weird side mount seat mounts? I ordered a pair a while ago and got my brackets off an old set of seats but they won't clear the rails on the aftermarket seat so I'm lost on it now..
Let me know where these seats are and I'd be willing to purchase them. These are really nice and comfortable seats other than the crappy "leather". I wish I could find a good looking driver's seat.