03CLS6 Autocross/Track/Street Build Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 01:15 PM
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by teh CL
^ your running the j35 without the stock IM spacer?

You should try to get on a dyno

Yes, will not clear the hood. I did have it milled down to use with the 3.7 IM. Should be on the dyno in a few months, want to fix the air starvation issues first
Old 02-01-2015, 02:43 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by 03 tls nc; 15319 153
Damn Brian now you've got my head spinning!
Clocked about 3,000 Mls on my J35a3 swap with PnP heads runner and ported IM with J35 runners + valve job and milled .020". It makes great power way more torque but it's starving for more air. I have a 3.7 IM and 74mm TB setting here and was working out the few things I need to get it on. But know I'm thinking I should weld up the neck of my already ported J35IM and put the 74mm TB on it. The only thing I will be missing is the plenum caps. Thought about having some 1/2" spacers cut on a wet jet. Wish the P2R caps were not so hard to find!
Which 3.5 IM are you running? Is it aluminum? Wonder how it compares to J32a2. Is it similar.? Why did you pick 74 MM over 76 MM TB? I Know Paul sold plenum spacers and still might. Thought someone else also made some.

You could bolt the 74 MM TB up without welding extra material to neck. The neck can only be ported to 72 or 73 MM, but you can open flange to 74 MM with a slight taper. Modding neck would be best though.

Last edited by brian6speed; 02-01-2015 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Brian the J35A3 IM is the same as the J32A2 just comes with the long horns installed. I got a smoking deal on the 74mm TB new in the box, the $$$ made the decision. I can take it to a friends shop to weld the neck and do the porting couple hours work on my part. Being as how I have the J35 IM on the car now, think I'm gonna get the few things I need to bolt on the 3.7 IM + milled down MDX spacer, swap it over then weld and port the 3.5 IM. Plan to dyno this spring I'll take the bored 3.5 IM and see how they compare. Think I'm gonna build a 4" CAI while I'm at it.

Last edited by 03 tls nc; 02-04-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by 03 tls nc
Brian the J35A3 IM is the same as the J32A2 just comes with the long horns installed. I got a smoking deal on the 74mm TB new in the box, the $$$ made the decision. I can take it to a friends shop to weld the neck and do the porting couple hours work on my part. Being as how I have the J35 IM on the car now, think I'm gonna get the few things I need to bolt on the 3.7 IM + milled down MDX spacer, swap it over then weld and port the 3.5 IM. Plan to dyno this spring I'll take the bored 3.5 IM and see how they compare. Think I'm gonna build a 4" CAI while I'm at it.
Yea think I will do the same thing and get dyno results. You don't really need much material to fit a 74 MM TB. Could get by without the welding. A 4" intake will help.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Lone Wolf

Haven't really made any progress on the CL lately.

Went on a road trip to Colorado for a week in the Focus ST. It was a blast. The only bad part was driving through Illinois, Iowa, and Nebraska.

Here are some pictures I took:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/br...?sort=3&page=1

Loved the curvy mountain roads in Colorado. Driving the Focus was so much fun. Almost as much fun as a track day, except it was free and there weren't really any speed limits or cops. I was pushing the car mainly around 8/10's but was really hard on the brakes a few times and pushed to 10/10's.

Driving up the mountain in Rocky Mountain National Park to Bear Lake and back down was really fun. Driving up Pikes Peak was also fun and rather scary at some points. The road was closed at around 11k feet because of ice and snow on the road so didn't make it to the top.

Wish I would have brought my GoPro and taken video. Oh well.

Driving around my house now in Illinois seems so boring, Colorado spoiled me.

Stayed in Denver, Estes Park, and Colorado Springs mainly.

Went to the Rocky Mountain National Park, Garden of the Gods, Royal Gorge Bridge, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, and some BBQ places. I am obsessed with BBQ, so try to stop at places whenever I go out of town.

Tried Yazoo BBQ, Smokin Dave's, and Rudy's Country Store & BBQ. Yazoo had the best meats, Smokin Dave's had amazing sweet potato fries, and Rudy's cream corn and green chile stew were amazing.

Here is a list of my Focus ST mods by the way. Not everything is installed yet.

UK Ford Power Button
GarageLine Pedal Spacer
Mountune Quick Shift Arm
Green Filter
LED Fogs
Husky Liner Mats
Ford Racing Snorkel
AGS Shutter Delete
Rear De-badged
Boomba Trans Bracket Bushings
Boomba Shifter Bushings
Breedt Symposer Delete
Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Wheels Bronze
Michelin X-Ice 3 Winter Tires
Octane Academy Badges
Mountune Induction Hose
Damond Oil Catch Can
Ford Badges Painted Black
Borla Cat-Back
Strano Rear Sway Bar
Massive Speed Adjustable Rear Sway Endlinks

Last edited by brian6speed; 02-16-2015 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:42 PM
AZ Track Whore

Received 298 Likes on 212 Posts
looks like a fun trip man
Old 02-16-2015, 07:52 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by vill0169
looks like a fun trip man
Thanks. Nice to see you post here. I forgot you are in Omaha, NE. I stayed the night there on my drive back. Got stuck in a pretty bad snow storm when I woke up next morning. There were tumbleweeds flying sideways across the road at probably 50 to 60 mph. One hit my front bumper pretty hard. There were also snow drifts making my car slide sideways. There were so many cars and semi's that slid off the road. Lots of overturned semi's.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:04 PM
AZ Track Whore

sounds about right this time of year
Old 02-18-2015, 04:12 AM
03 CLS-6

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Haven't been on here or made a post in awhile. I didn't read any of your recent posts, I just browsed through the pictures. I'm glad you're still at with your build! Everything looks great, keep up with the good work!

I should have my cl back together soon. It's not going to be anything special just a swapped n/a 3.5 setup with all the same mods it had before I took it apart for the turbo build lol.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by 1foxbody
Haven't been on here or made a post in awhile. I didn't read any of your recent posts, I just browsed through the pictures. I'm glad you're still at with your build! Everything looks great, keep up with the good work!

I should have my cl back together soon. It's not going to be anything special just a swapped n/a 3.5 setup with all the same mods it had before I took it apart for the turbo build lol.
Hey Fox. Interesting, thought you were selling. New plans sound more reasonable, your turbo build was really ambitious.

Don't have to worry about my build ending, unless the car gets totaled.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:09 AM
Lone Wolf

Went to the Chicago Auto Show yesterday.

Here is a link to pictures I took.
2015 Chicago Auto Show Photos by brian6speed | Photobucket

Here is the sexy NSX:

Last edited by brian6speed; 02-18-2015 at 09:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
97BlackAckCL (02-19-2015)
Old 02-18-2015, 09:16 AM
03 CLS-6

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by brian6speed
Hey Fox. Interesting, thought you were selling. New plans sound more reasonable, your turbo build was really ambitious.

Don't have to worry about my build ending, unless the car gets totaled.
It would be neat to keep the car for a long time. But I think I'm still going to try and sell it once I have it all back together and drivable. Maybe I'll ask a lot for it so it takes forever to sell because deep down inside I don't think I really want to let it go lol.

I understand where your coming from hopefully that never happens with yours, that thing is immaculate!
Old 02-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Lone Wolf

Was excited to see the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo Racecar. I love the design of this thing. FWD Powa Son

This car is a massive 6 feet wide and 15 feet long. What I found interesting is this:
"It's FWD in terms of which end the IC—internal combustion—engine sends its power. It's designed to be AWD, thanks to the H propelling the front and rear wheels. It's a TTV6—a twin-turbo V6, with DI—direct-injection.
It was originally targeted to have 2000 horsepower, but that figure has been tamed to something in the 1250-1500 region, with the IC contributing just over 500 hp and the hopefully 8MJ H Flybrid system offering up the other 750-plus hp.
Put it all together and we have an ACO LMP1-H that's FWD, AWD, featuring a 3.0-liter DI TTV6 with an 8MJ H, dubbed the GT-R LM NISMO, that will race in the FIA WEC. And, it was created to deliver a giant FU to the competition. How's that for originality? "

"The front-engine design immediately sets Nissan apart from the rest of its LMP1-H competitors—and every other prototype we've seen in at least a decade."

"What you won't find is a predominantly FWD front-engined prototype that uses the entire body—inside and out—as an aerodynamic weapon. Nissan, Bowlby, and the entire NISMO design team own that narrative with complete authority."

"The device is mounted beneath the keel—just under the driver's legs—and is driven by the 5-speed transmission that sits in front of the engine. It returns its energy to the front wheels through the same shaft that runs through the V6's 60-degree engine V, and can send the rest, if the team decides to use AWD, to the rear through a long driveshaft beneath the tub that connects to a differential which then feeds the rear wheels through a complex system of secondary driveshafts and outboard gearboxes."

"With its front-engine design, big KERS ambitions, and the flexibility to use FWD with the V6 along, FWD with the V6 and KERS, or AWD with KERS powering the rear, the GT-R LM NISMO is loaded with options."

"Moving away from its drivetrain, which will surely draw the most attention from fans and media outlets, the biggest breakthrough with Bowlby's Nissan is the through-flow aerodynamics. Your conventional rear-engined LMP1-H chassis is limited for space at the back of the car, and as a result, large, volume-robbing items like the radiators and other auxiliary systems are moved forward where they're housed in the sidepods."

Here is the article I read about the car in Road & Track.

Nissan GT-R LM NISMO: A deep dive with Ben Bowlby

Pics I took:

Last edited by brian6speed; 02-18-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Lone Wolf

Just registered for 2 track days at Blackhawk Farms Raceway for 4/22 and 5/13.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Lone Wolf

Needed to clear my phone of pics and videos, so posting up more.

Here are pics and vids from Tudor Series Weekend at Road America last year. Didn't edit anything yet so videos from my phone might be shaky.

Road America Tudor Series 2014 Photos by brian6speed | Photobucket
Old 02-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Lone Wolf

What class do you guys think my car would fall in for the SCCA? Tried reading through the categories, but I find that type of bracket racing really annoying.

I do this for fun, not to read 340 pages of rules and figure out ways to cheat to win. Even after reading about 100 pages I am still unsure about whether my car would fit in the street modified category.

Don't really want to run with SCCA because it doesn't even seem like fun, but Salt Creek Sports Car Club uses the same classification system.

It says you can remove rear seats for street modified, but nothing about center console, door panels, etc.

Would need all new numbers for the car because mine are 1" too short according to SCCA rules.

No point running with SCCA really because it is all about being competitive, which is impossible how my car is modded. Not worth it to run for fun because you only get 3 runs whereas other events I can get 5-10 runs for same cost.

Wonder what Salt Creek will say if I show up and say I don't care what class you put me in.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:44 PM
Lone Wolf

Found the weight restrictions, not that my car will ever be close to that.

For FWD Street Modified it is 1550 +125 per liter. So for my 3.2 liter that would be 1950 lb. Then if all 4 tires are 275 MM or less like mine you can subract another 200 lbs and have a weight limit of 1750 lbs lol. My car can still lose another 1000 lbs and still be legal.

How the hell could I possibly compete with fwd cars under 2k lbs at autocross, not possible. Atleast the CRX is excluded from the class.

Still need to figure out what tires are allowed. I think it might limit treadwear to 200.

Last edited by brian6speed; 02-20-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:31 PM
AZ Track Whore

yikes what a nightmare SCCA can be.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Lone Wolf

yikes what a nightmare SCCA can be.
They are definitely thorough.

The way our cars are built just does not fit into their classing system. Would be put in classes without any restrictions. To be competitive in FWD you really don't want to go past FWD Street Modified class unless you own the Fwing.

To run SCCA and be competitive, you need to research which class you want to run in, then research which car is currently fastest for the class. Then buy that exact car and mod it as much as possible for the class. Then do a few mods not allowed that people won't easily notice. That is the recipe for success for SCCA.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:48 PM
AZ Track Whore

I know what you mean. I don't think NASA was ever that bad for Time Trials or race groups but you certainly had to read the rules carefully to maximize your performance. I love what NASA has moved to with the simple adjusted power to weight based classes. Works for any car, any mods, etc and gives you the flexibility to truly find an advantage well within in the class rules.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:58 PM
Lone Wolf

I know what you mean. I don't think NASA was ever that bad for Time Trials or race groups but you certainly had to read the rules carefully to maximize your performance. I love what NASA has moved to with the simple adjusted power to weight based classes. Works for any car, any mods, etc and gives you the flexibility to truly find an advantage well within in the class rules.
I like the idea of power to weight classing as long as ppl are honest about those figures.

Some restrictions like only using the stock suspension mounting points, etc. I like, but not when rules restrict which items can be removed for weight reduction.

Might just check out NASA and see what they do in my area.

Club I have been running in has me put in a hard class. I am running against m3's, vettes, and lotus on R-Comp and even slick tires. I am on Star Specs. I was proud of only being 1 sec slower than a lotus that weighs under 2k lbs on R-Comps.

Last edited by brian6speed; 02-21-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:24 PM
Lone Wolf

Here are some pics I took during my trip to Utah and Miller Motorsports ParK. I attended the Ford Racing Octane Academy Driving School 1 Day program that is free when you buy a Ford ST.

Octane Academy Ford Racing School Photos by brian6speed | Photobucket

I really must commend Ford on doing this. It is an excellent program, and was a great experience. More car companies should do it. If Honda brought Civic Type R here with a free driving school, I might of stuck with Honda, but they are so disappointing lately.

Got to drive modified Focus and Fiesta ST's. Think the Fiesta might have been better for the urban autocross, but I preferred Focus on track.

Focus ST vs a stock CL is no comparison. The ST is so much better to drive from a dynamic handling standpoint. Compared to my modded CL though, it seems kind of boring and slow.

Flew into Salt Lake City Airport. Drove through some canyons and went to Ken Blocks secret office in Park City Utah. Got to see some of his race cars and parts, but pictures were not allowed.

Next day was the driving school. The cars were not heavily modified. They had extra cooling, better brakes, borla exhaust, etc. The best part was the hydraulic handbrakes.

First thing I did was the skid car which is kind of boring.

Next up was the hand brake parking manuever.

Then we did the backward 180 spin. You basically just go in reverese at 20 mph, rest hand on top of wheel, then flip your hand as fast as you can from the top of wheel to the bottom and you should end up facing the other way. Make sure you have the clutch depressed or you kill engine.

Then we did the 180 degree hand brake turn. You head toward corner, slam the hand brake, and make sure you stay on the throttle through the turn.

Did the urban autocross course.

Ran one session on track behind a instructor. Got 2 laps with instructor in the car, then a 20 minute session solo on the track. This was my favorite part by far.

To finish the day we had a few Go Kart races.

During lunch I went inside the car museum that has like 100 million worth of old Ford GT's etc. It is all owned by 1 guy I believe. The first Shelby Cobra is in the collection. I had the museum all to myself.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:21 AM
Lone Wolf

Crickets
Old 02-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Lone Wolf

Finally installed the 4 Passenger Seat Titanium Bolts and Washers.

Removed Hardware weighs 78g.

Titanium Hardware weighs 39g. Weight Savings of 39g.

Practiced using the spot weld drill bit.

The spot weld drill bit works pretty good. It is faster than my grinding way, but removes more metal and can cut through easier. Lots of the spot welds are on curved areas which makes it harder to use the bit. On my first seat bracket it punched through in 3 spots where it was only 2 sheets welded together. The part where it is 3 sheets welded together were fine though. Good thing there was nothing behind panel for the drill to hit. Will use a combination of both ways on 2nd bracket for a cleaner result.

Rear Passenger Side Seat Bracket removed. Weighs 1.6 lbs.

Added JB Weld to the crevices left from the drill bit. Did this more for looks than to strengthen welds.

Sanded the JB Weld smooth.

Rear Driver Side Seat Bracket.

Progress started. Each bracket has 23 spot welds. Fun stuff.

Last edited by brian6speed; 02-26-2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Lone Wolf

Noticed Volk just introduced a new color for the Volk ZE40 after I placed my order for the blue wheels. The new color is Diamond Dark Gunmetallic. Not sure which would look better, but too late now.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Needed to clear my phone of pics and videos, so posting up more.

Here are pics and vids from Tudor Series Weekend at Road America last year. Didn't edit anything yet so videos from my phone might be shaky.

Road America Tudor Series 2014 Photos by brian6speed | Photobucket
I go to that every year. We should meet up this year
Old 02-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
I go to that every year. We should meet up this year
Yea definitely, I should be there again in August. That was my first time ever at that track, great facility they have.

Want to drive my Acura there. GPS Time Attack has an event there later in the year. Might not take Acura there till next year though.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:14 PM
Lone Wolf

I was reading NASA rules and classifications. Like how simple it is, but to run in TT3 we would need atleast 350 whp to be competitive. That is 80 more than car makes now. Would need a fully built 3.5-3.7 motor, turbo, or supercharger. Add in ecu and tuning. Then you also need heavy aero mods. Maybe in a few years, but that is a lot more money.

I like the NASA-X autocross classing. Car starts in NXE, would be up-classed 2 classes to NXC. Think it could be competitive.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Lone Wolf

Actually after looking at it again I think my car would fit in better in the TTB class for track.

Car starts in TTE. I added up my mods so far to +66 points. That would move me up 3 classes to TTB which allows +79 points. That leaves 13 points for Aero, etc. Need to stay under 10.5:1 power to weight. My power to weight right now is around 10.96:1.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:46 PM
AZ Track Whore

Actually after looking at it again I think my car would fit in better in the TTB class for track.

Car starts in TTE. I added up my mods so far to +66 points. That would move me up 3 classes to TTB which allows +79 points. That leaves 13 points for Aero, etc. Need to stay under 10.5:1 power to weight. My power to weight right now is around 10.96:1.
I like the sound of that. TT3 gets pretty crazy cars in it and I think TTB is a better fit.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Lone Wolf

I like the sound of that. TT3 gets pretty crazy cars in it and I think TTB is a better fit.
Which class are you shooting for?
Old 03-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Lone Wolf

Prying up the Rear Seat Driver Side Seat Bracket.

Bracket Removed. This one turned out cleaner and there were no holes from drill punching through.

Bracket. Another 1.6 lbs removed.

Area Sanded.

JB Weld Applied.

Both Brackets.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:14 PM
Lone Wolf

My Takata Harnesses are the long version, but I don't need the long version anymore. Was going to sell them and buy new harnesses, but realized selling would be harder than I thought.

Didn't want to spend extra money on new harnesses or lose the money I spent on these harnesses. After looking at the harness I realized the end buckles can be removed and I can still use them to mount directly to roll bar.

Removed these buckles from the shoulder straps.

All 4 buckles removed.

1 Harness with buckles removed weighs 3.1 lbs.

Ordered Bar Slides for the Harnesses from HMS Motorsport.
Schroth Competition Belts » Competition Hardware » 2 And 3 Bar Slides » HMS Motorsport

Originally purchased the 3 bar slides which are much cheaper, but heavier.

Ordered the 2 bar slides which are powdercoated, lighter, and better looking. They sure are expensive though.

Ordered 4 of these split collars in black powdercoat finish. Just waiting on them to be powdercoated and shipped.
Split Collar for Harness Bar-Stable Energies

Also ordered a Takata Anti-Sub Strap from HMS Motorsport to convert my 4 point harness to a 6 point for track use. Just hope it doesn't slice off my testicles like it did to that one pro driver.

Want to attach it to this bar. Not sure if I will use eyebolts or just cut slots in metal to wrap harness around and not use snap-in connectors.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Lone Wolf

Vill0169 mentioned in his thread that the TSX rear knuckles are aluminum.

This intrigued me.

Took some pics to compare a 2nd gen TL vs a TSX rear knuckle.

I thought the weight difference was surprising.

TL Weight.

TSX Weight.

The designs look really similar, but not sure if you could get it to fit/work.
teh CL (03-01-2015)
Old 03-02-2015, 12:27 PM
3.7L Nitrous Breathing CL

Received 160 Likes on 140 Posts
Hope they fit.
11.5lbs off each rear would be great.
Are you going to try it/them on ?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:52 PM
6mt swapped..smart

Received 88 Likes on 73 Posts
Yea Brian, what do you mean "not sure if YOU could get it to fit". You're the weight reduction man round here. You don't want to try a side and see for yourself if they fit? I'm also curious
Old 03-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,389 Posts
The designs look really similar, but not sure if you could get it to fit/work.
They sure do. If one could transfer the CL brake backing plate to the TLX knuckle that would, perhaps, help take care of the wheel sensor and handbrake requirement. The hubs appear different. If you compare/contrast the two it appears that the CL spindle is built into the knuckle whereas the TSX looks to have a hub that separates from the knuckle held by four flange bolts. Not sure if that matters, though.

Great find if it works.

Last edited by zeta; 03-02-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:04 PM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by richardparker
Hope they fit.
11.5lbs off each rear would be great.
Are you going to try it/them on ?
Originally Posted by AnthraciteTypeS
Yea Brian, what do you mean "not sure if YOU could get it to fit". You're the weight reduction man round here. You don't want to try a side and see for yourself if they fit? I'm also curious
Originally Posted by zeta
They sure do. If one could transfer the CL brake backing plate to the TLX knuckle that would, perhaps, help take care of the wheel sensor and handbrake requirement. The hubs appear different. If you compare/contrast the two it appears that the CL spindle is built into the knuckle whereas the TSX looks to have a hub that separates from the knuckle held by four flange bolts. Not sure if that matters, though.

Great find if it works.
Oh I will definitely try and see if they will fit/work. I am just not sure by only looking at them. This is a little over my head. Gonna get opinions from my local shop and King. It might be a while though since I am getting car ready for the track in April. Gonna be a busy summer, might not happen till fall/winter. I will for sure try it, just might take time.

Zeta it sounds like you know more than I do about rear knuckles/hubs.

All credit should go to Vill0169. It was his idea.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 1,389 Posts
Zeta it sounds like you know more than I do about rear knuckles/hubs.

All credit should go to Vill0169. It was his idea.
lol, For giggles, I took a quick peek at the Helms to see where the CL wheel sensor was located and it states that it is on the brake backing plate along with the parking brake mechanism.

Then I looked at the CL / 04 TSX parts diagrams and observed the Knuckle differences:
CL:Acura Parts @ AcuraOEMparts.com - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Delray Acura
04 TSX:Acura Parts @ AcuraOEMparts.com - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Delray Acura

Then I looked at the CL / 04 TSX parts diagrams and observed the Hub differences:
04 TSX:Acura Parts @ AcuraOEMparts.com - Genuine Acura OEM Parts from Delray Acura

However, like you stated, I'm not sure they will work by just looking at them.
That's assuming that you would want to retain the parking brake and wheel sensor and perhaps ABS functionality for the street?

And props to Vill0169!
brian6speed (03-03-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 05:33 AM
Lone Wolf

Originally Posted by zeta
lol, For giggles, I took a quick peek at the Helms to see where the CL wheel sensor was located and it states that it is on the brake backing plate along with the parking brake mechanism.

Then I looked at the CL / 04 TSX parts diagrams and observed the Knuckle differences:

Then I looked at the CL / 04 TSX parts diagrams and observed the Hub differences:

However, like you stated, I'm not sure they will work by just looking at them.
That's assuming that you would want to retain the parking brake and wheel sensor and perhaps ABS functionality for the street?

And props to Vill0169!
Yea I do want to retain those.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 03CLS6 Autocross/Track/Street Build Thread