Television: The Walking Dead - Page 5 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Television: The Walking Dead

Old 10-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #161
RAR

Your theories make no sense. At the beginning of the season 2 episode Rick was about to reveal what the doctor told him over the walkie talkie to the black dude who saved his life. I have a feeling it has something to do with the zombie infestation. A clue that will somehow lead to the cure.
leedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:21 AM   #162
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedogg View Post
Your theories make no sense. At the beginning of the season 2 episode Rick was about to reveal what the doctor told him over the walkie talkie to the black dude who saved his life. I have a feeling it has something to do with the zombie infestation. A clue that will somehow lead to the cure.
I'm not sure what you are suggesting makes sense either. If the "secret" had anything to do with the infestation or the cure, why would Rick keep that information to himself? Wouldn't it be beneficial for him to share that with as many people as possible, including the people in his group and/or the guy on the walkie talkie? But if the "secret" was something personal in nature, it would make more sense that he would decide to keep it to himself.

Oh well, we could all be wrong... we'll find out soon enough.
Shadzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:59 AM   #163
RAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadzilla View Post
I'm not sure what you are suggesting makes sense either. If the "secret" had anything to do with the infestation or the cure, why would Rick keep that information to himself? Wouldn't it be beneficial for him to share that with as many people as possible, including the people in his group and/or the guy on the walkie talkie? But if the "secret" was something personal in nature, it would make more sense that he would decide to keep it to himself.

Oh well, we could all be wrong... we'll find out soon enough.
I said a clue that would somehow lead to the cure, like a piece of the puzzle that makes no sense now, but some doctors in another country might be able to puzzle out. I mean why would Rick be on the verge of telling some dude on the walkie talkie his wife is pregnant? That was the LAST secret the doctor left with Rick right after he convinced him to let them live and right before he was about to die. Something that would make his wifes death and remaining efforts meaningful and not completely break his promise to her. I would think that secret would be something more than oh btw your wife is pregnant. No, it would be something like if you ever make it to those doctors in Europe tell them this. Rick isnt about to tell everybody now because a) maybe he doesnt know what it means and b) that would ruin the suspense and mystery of the plot
Old 10-18-2011, 03:13 AM   #164
astronaut

Thanked 1,490 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
I have a feeling it has something to do with..... A clue that will somehow lead to the cure.
Nope. You're wrong.

If Dr. Jenner knew of something leading to a cure, he wouldn't have

- said at end of season 1 that there's "no hope"
- stayed at the CDC to die during decontamination

Besides....

** SPOILER ALERT **

If you read the comic you would have known that Lori ends up being pregnant so that is what Dr. Jenner told Rick.

** SPOILER ALERT **

Last edited by AZuser; 10-18-2011 at 03:15 AM.
AZuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #165
Registered Member

Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,193 Posts
Oh God, I'm going to get sucked in here. I'll make this quick.

You could call me somewhat of a zombie enthusiast. I've literally seen every zombie movie I've ever run across. I actually am writing a zombie trilogy titled 'The List'. I started writing the series outline on my honeymoon. LOL

Anyways, when talking zombies you have to define some simple things. For instance, 28 days/weeks zombie are not the dead walking, they are the infected living. Romero zombies are almost always the get bitten / dead rising flavor. Kirkman, in the graphic novels, goes with the latter. The dead, unless severely brain damaged, will rise again. Die of naturally bleeding out by cutting your arm on a car door.....will rise again. But alas, that's in the novels. In this last episode we actually saw some corpses that appeared to not rise a zombie, so I'm not entirely sure anymore. But I'd lean towards Romero style. Kirkman said he is making the tv series different enough from the novels to keep those readers tuned in, and he has.

Anyways, long story short, in this world it's pretty much safe to say there is no cure other then zombie extermination. So I agree with Shadzilla, it's something personal.

Don't be confused, this show is not a keep you wondering show like LOST. Don't think too much into things because what's on the surface is pretty much what you're going to get.
maharajamd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #166
I spend 2 much time here

can they get infected by injesting the blood of a zombie you think?
jiggaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #167
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
They need hotter chicks though. The sister that died was probably the best of a weak group. The wife does nothing for me and the blonde is a little old. Where are the Swedish model survivors?

I'm new to the series having just watched season 1 on Netflix last week and catching episode 201 on AMCTV.com. I am surprised that a Zombie TV series has as compelling a storyline as this.

Needless to say, I'll be following this thread going forward.
F23A4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #168
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggaman View Post
can they get infected by injesting the blood of a zombie you think?
Nope. Notice when they are slicing and dicing the zombies everyone mouths are wide open... Lol
Old 10-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #169
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharajamd View Post
Oh God, I'm going to get sucked in here. I'll make this quick.

You could call me somewhat of a zombie enthusiast. I've literally seen every zombie movie I've ever run across. I actually am writing a zombie trilogy titled 'The List'. I started writing the series outline on my honeymoon. LOL

Anyways, when talking zombies you have to define some simple things. For instance, 28 days/weeks zombie are not the dead walking, they are the infected living. Romero zombies are almost always the get bitten / dead rising flavor. Kirkman, in the graphic novels, goes with the latter. The dead, unless severely brain damaged, will rise again. Die of naturally bleeding out by cutting your arm on a car door.....will rise again. But alas, that's in the novels. In this last episode we actually saw some corpses that appeared to not rise a zombie, so I'm not entirely sure anymore. But I'd lean towards Romero style. Kirkman said he is making the tv series different enough from the novels to keep those readers tuned in, and he has.

Anyways, long story short, in this world it's pretty much safe to say there is no cure other then zombie extermination. So I agree with Shadzilla, it's something personal.

Don't be confused, this show is not a keep you wondering show like LOST. Don't think too much into things because what's on the surface is pretty much what you're going to get.
A couple of those corpses had bullet wounds in the head, probably why they weren't zombies. also if you have zombies of the brain eating variety not flesh eating the people who get their brains eaten cant rise. But for the show it appears these are flesh eating zombies. I too am a zombie/horror geek
EL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #170
Registered Member

Quote:
Nope. Notice when they are slicing and dicing the zombies everyone mouths are wide open... Lol
I always find myself thinking "close your mouth!"
Old 10-18-2011, 09:05 AM   #171
cameras R my crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom878 View Post
They need hotter chicks though. The sister that died was probably the best of a weak group. The wife does nothing for me and the blonde is a little old. Where are the Swedish model survivors?
That "blonde" has an ass and set of legs to match anyone younger than her, don't let those clothes fool you.

Just search laurie holden.
jupitersolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #172
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupitersolo View Post
That "blonde" has an ass and set of legs to match anyone younger than her, don't let those clothes fool you.

Just search laurie holden.
Yes shes a tough one
Old 10-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #173
Registered Member

Her character in the novels is a complete badass.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #174
I spend 2 much time here

Quote:
yeah thats what i was wondering about
Old 10-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #175
Senior Moderator

Thanked 12,781 Times in 7,902 Posts
Quote:
Don't compare this series to LOST. The Walking Dead makes LOST look like it was written by people playing Calvinball.
Yumcha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:40 PM   #176
astronaut

Quote:
Anyways, long story short, in this world it's pretty much safe to say there is no cure other then zombie extermination.
I agree.

This line of thinking is backed by what Dr. Jenner told everyone, how the virus affects the synapses of the brain, how it kills the frontal lobe, etc. Basically, the virus kills that part of the brain which makes us human.

Hard to imagine how there can be a cure to un-kill the brain.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #177
I spend 2 much time here

i dont feel like waiting until sunday to see the next episode!!! what's crazy about this world they created is how survivors there are. pretty bleak.

and why the heck are they still using that RV, that thing is a unreliable piece of crap, can't they find another one to drive by now? jeez, there has to be more options than that junk box.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #178
cameras R my crack

Great, the first to start bitching about one of the best SHOWS on TV.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #179
I spend 2 much time here

who me?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #180
Registered Member

Well no it's true. You also have to realize making the wrong moves is part of the fun of the zombie genre.

Hell this is the first episode that they finally realized guns aren't the best weapons to dispatch zombies. Wow, really? Beings drawn to noise, let's use guns!

Or..... how could the old dude be standing on the RV and not see the horde of zombies until they were 200 yards away? I went back and watched it, you could easily see a mile down that direction of road.

These arguments are what led to me start writing. And right there are two rules on 'The List'. Lol

#3 - Handheld weapons. A light, slashing and dashing weapon is a requirement. For example, the ideal weapon to supplement guns would be a samurai sword.

#8 - When traveling in a group in the open in a zombie infected world, the group must take the 'meerkat' personality. Meaning, someone must always be at the best possible 360* POV. A lookout should be 24/7.

Personally, I would totally look like Blade in a zombie universe. Two swords on my back, two daggers at my waist, dark clothing (trench coat), then firearms. I would think someone trained with a sword could lay waist to an entire herd. Lol
Anyyyyyways.......

Last edited by maharajamd; 10-18-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #181
Senior Moderator

I think walking around with a lawnmower would be best. Kinda like what they did in Dead Alive.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #182
cameras R my crack

Rick knew in the first or second episode about not using guns. When he was in the city.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #183
cameras R my crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
I think walking around with a lawnmower would be best. Kinda like what they did in Dead Alive.
The zombies are taller than you are...
Old 10-18-2011, 03:23 PM   #184
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupitersolo View Post
The zombies are taller than you are...
Build a tall lawnmower. And I'd jimmy it so that the blades are facing forward.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #185
Registered Member

^And when there is no more readily accessible gasoline?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #186
I spend 2 much time here

it's still a bad ass show, just want them to look for an RV upgrade, thats all.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #187
astronaut

Quote:
#3 - Handheld weapons. A light, slashing and dashing weapon is a requirement. For example, the ideal weapon to supplement guns would be a samurai sword.

I was thinking throughout S02E01 (season 2, episode 1) how a samurai sword would have been awesome. Kept on thinking where's Hattori Hanzo when you need him?
Old 10-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #188
Registered Member

Well that makes you wonder too. Gasoline is only good in a car tank for what, 3 months? How long since the event in this show? Almost that?

They are going to start running out of fuel. But I agree. That's why I always like discussing zombies. Everyone has that mentality. "OMG YOU FOOLS!" "I TOTALLY WOULD HAVE JUMPED THAT HUMMER"
Old 10-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #189
cameras R my crack

Quote:
it's still a bad ass show, just want them to look for an RV upgrade, thats all.
Look who's driving the RV, the old man, it's his RV, one that he has had for a long time. Plus it's used as an RV, not just a car.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #190
astronaut

Quote:
How long since the event in this show? Almost that?
About 5 (maybe 6?) weeks, I'm thinking.

Rick was in a coma for only a few weeks, if I remember correctly.

And Dr. Jenner said he was holed up in the CDC for about a month since the outbreak.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #191
Senior Moderator

Quote:
^And when there is no more readily accessible gasoline?
Well, that's when I ...
Old 10-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #192
Registered Member

Quote:
Well that makes you wonder too. Gasoline is only good in a car tank for what, 3 months? How long since the event in this show? Almost that?

They are going to start running out of fuel. But I agree. That's why I always like discussing zombies. Everyone has that mentality. "OMG YOU FOOLS!" "I TOTALLY WOULD HAVE JUMPED THAT HUMMER"
I too was thinking dam all that gasoline must be bad and why the F did the old man only see the zombies when they got THAT close and he had binoculars! And yea a crossbow and swords/machetes are the best weapons
Old 10-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #193
I spend 2 much time here

where were all the zombies going anyways? normally it seems like they just wander around without much rhyme or reason, in this first episode though they are all grouped together and heading in a certain direction. only time we have seen that before is when they see something to feed on, so where the heck they going this time? travelling to find more food? who came up with the idea to walk down the highway? i'm thinking into this way too much aren't i? haha
Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #194
The Dumb One

yes, and these questions are also part of the character's discussion in the past episode.. so the answer to them will be revealed.. as this is new behavior on the show as well.
Rockstar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #195
Senior Moderator

Quote:
where were all the zombies going anyways? normally it seems like they just wander around without much rhyme or reason, in this first episode though they are all grouped together and heading in a certain direction. only time we have seen that before is when they see something to feed on, so where the heck they going this time? travelling to find more food? who came up with the idea to walk down the highway? i'm thinking into this way too much aren't i? haha
Well, the walkers are drawn to sound, right...? Let's not forget how loud the motorcycle was as well as the rest of the vehicles...

It is possible that the horde was just drawn to that...?
Old 10-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #196
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Well, the walkers are drawn to sound, right...? Let's not forget how loud the motorcycle was as well as the rest of the vehicles...

It is possible that the horde was just drawn to that...?
Duh. I would have thought this would be common knowledge.

Come on guys no room for poor deductive processing in zombieland! Lol
Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #197
RAR

Having the comics foretelling the show kindof sucks, why bother speculating? I wasnt really thinking cure cure as in reverting zombie back to human (ala I am Legend), I was thinking immunization of some sort so a bite doesnt become a kiss of death.

Also, we needed to have this traffic jam/herd episode because of the budget cuts, they used a single, fairly insignificant location for a majority of their shooting that episode. I loved it, had to rely more on suspense, acting, and film techniques
Old 10-19-2011, 11:07 AM   #198
F-C
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Well no it's true. You also have to realize making the wrong moves is part of the fun of the zombie genre.

Hell this is the first episode that they finally realized guns aren't the best weapons to dispatch zombies. Wow, really? Beings drawn to noise, let's use guns!

Or..... how could the old dude be standing on the RV and not see the horde of zombies until they were 200 yards away? I went back and watched it, you could easily see a mile down that direction of road.

These arguments are what led to me start writing. And right there are two rules on 'The List'. Lol

#8 - When traveling in a group in the open in a zombie infected world, the group must take the 'meerkat' personality. Meaning, someone must always be at the best possible 360* POV. A lookout should be 24/7.

Personally, I would totally look like Blade in a zombie universe. Two swords on my back, two daggers at my waist, dark clothing (trench coat), then firearms. I would think someone trained with a sword could lay waist to an entire herd. Lol
Anyyyyyways.......
Have you seen High School of the Dead?
F-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #199
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

What part of the brain processes sound? Is it the frontal lobe that supposedly gets killed during the zombification process?
gatrhumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #200
Registered Member

Quote:
Having the comics foretelling the show kindof sucks, why bother speculating? I wasnt really thinking cure cure as in reverting zombie back to human (ala I am Legend), I was thinking immunization of some sort so a bite doesnt become a kiss of death.

Also, we needed to have this traffic jam/herd episode because of the budget cuts, they used a single, fairly insignificant location for a majority of their shooting that episode. I loved it, had to rely more on suspense, acting, and film techniques
Kirkman said in the show after that he is making sure the show is different enough from the books to keep those fans interested.

And I agree. The under the car scene was very suspenseful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-C View Post
Have you seen High School of the Dead?
The anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy View Post
What part of the brain processes sound? Is it the frontal lobe that supposedly gets killed during the zombification process?
Temporal lobes so no.