Vibration at medium to high speeds - Wheel or VCM?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by jeich182
If your car is like mine the REAL vibration will happen between 30-60 (again cruising steady state, warm engine). Once I hit 80 I can't feel it anymore whether VCM is on or not.

Last 5 of VIN: 03175 (note that SH-AWD VINs seem to start over again with the sequence numbers, unless it's a fluke that I observed on two that I saw)
SH-AWD VIN's do have their own sequence according to the ODMD update info I have seen published.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:57 AM
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 70 Posts
I had my MDX in for service on Friday. I had a '14 RDX Tech as a loaner. There was only one time for a split second (between upshifts) where I could feel VCM. The rest of the time it was completely imperceptible. This made me both mad and glad at the same time. Mad because MY new car behaves poorly but glad because it apparently can be unintrusive if everything is right. HURRY UP ACURA AND FIX THIS!
Old 12-01-2014, 01:33 AM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
wow, they made me think that it was in my mind

Originally Posted by cabose369
My wife is actually complaining about having this issue with our 2014 RDX. Exactly as described by the OP. Except she started noticing it after the VCM stayed closed when it should have activated 2 cylinders and caused massive car shaking and a check engine light. Dealership replaced some of the rocker arms. Now she complains that she feels the vibrating at highway speeds in the seat, pedal and steering wheel.
I am reading all these posts and I feel compelled to chip in. In my opinion Acura has dropped the ball big time ONCE AGAIN; and I am not talking about a single model here
I used to have a 2013 RDX (fwd) that had a terrible VCM vibration at city speeds, that was also very jerky at stop/go traffic to the point that it was very uncomfortable and that had a noisy rear suspension.
But the issue discussed here in the so called "subtle" vibration (steering wheel and gas pedal) at highway speeds. well, that situation was very common in my RDX as well; In 2 years I brought my car more than 4 times to the service department due to this problem.Reported diagnostic: wheels (insert random wheel) found out of balance and corrected; Then the situation would alleviate a bit but would come back the same or worse 3-4 months down the line. I couldn't explain how these wheels would get out of balance without me hitting a curb or big hole. I had never EVER experienced these sort of stupid problems as I had with the RDX; I even considered the possibility that I had a higher sensitivity to these issues than other people. I was originally planning for a 10+ years ownership but my patience was wearing thin with all this crap. I called Acura corporate once to complain about the vibration(the different flavor of them) and basically they did nothing and after some back and forth they played the "normal specifications" card. At that point I felt disappointed with the brand that I had had in such high regard and realize that it was either living with the vibration(s) or trading the vehicle, losing considerable $ in the process. I ended up taking the 2nd route and bought a bimmer X3 pretty loaded w/ good discounts. The only thing that I regret about this purchase is that I didn't do it sooner. I feel I enjoy my ride again, be it city speeds, highway or you name it;
some people talk about poor reliability ratings with the Germans but I am willing to take my chances if it means that I am finding any possible excuse to drive my vehicle.
I know that most of you are Honda/Acura fans but I don't see myself buying another Acura until these guys get their $hit together. They cannot continue selling 40k+ vehicles so full of stupid mistakes; not even the Koreans do that anymore. It might mean nothing in the grand scheme of things but they have lost a customer in me and there will be more to come
Old 12-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I am all too familiar with your RDX problems and I had some similar problems with mine. I am happy to say that the ILX we got has been free of problems and much more enjoyable but that its because it has older, and less convulated technology (5 speed tranny and regular 4 cylinder engine with no VCM gizmo).
Old 01-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Racer

I've been in communication with my dealer and basically told them this needs to be fixed or I need to be in another car. They want me to drop the car off so they can perform an idle learn procedure on it. I'm not sure this will help my VCM vibrations but at least it's a start; if it works, great, if not, it's a step towards an alternate resolution.

Yesterday I drove my friend's SH-AWD TLX and while I could tell when VCM was engaged it was MUCH more subtle than my car.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:51 AM
epa
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for posting the video. I also have the vibration. To accept this as "normal" on a supposedly premium vehicle is ridicules. What brain dead Acura management thinks this is okay? Come on Acura at least give us the option to disable VCM!
Old 01-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Racer

Well in my friends SH-AWD I could still tell when VCM was engaged but you consciously had to be feeling for it (barely there), in hindsight I could understand if that's what the video was referring to. With my car it vibrates/rumbles the steering wheel to the point where it is very easy to feel. That, to me, is unacceptable in a Civic let alone a $40,000 Acura.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:49 AM
Racer

Car is with the dealer. They wanted to do a ride-along with me last night and luckily the tech was able to feel the vibration/rumble several times sitting in the passenger seat without even driving and holding the wheel. Fingers crossed.

Have a 2014 MDX Tech as a loaner, VCM is perceptible but barely, again MUCH more subtle than my TLX.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Racer

Today the tech. did another ride-along with me. This time he had laptop with data recorder hooked up to the car and captured data about 5 times. Again he didn't even need me to tell him when it was starting and stopping because he could feel the vibration in the passenger seat. They're going to send the data to CA for the engineers to review. The district service rep. drove it yesterday and commented that he thought it was normal. Going to have a serious problem if they tell me a vibration even passengers can feel is normal in a $40,000.00 car.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:40 PM
8th Gear

I have been trying to figure out my issue for months now and think that this thread might have finally answered my question. I have been experiencing vibrations at certain speeds when I stay at that speed. It seems to happen when there is change in gears from 2nd through 9th gear. Now when I accelerate through all the gears everything works as advertised. Now when I stay at certain speeds where my gears change (around 40mph, 45 mph, 50mph, 60mph, 65mph) there is a small annoying vibration in the steering wheel.
I brought my TLX up to my dealership on this issue and they went on to tell me these were the sweet spots and that they couldn't do anything for me. We even drove another one and it had similar vibrations but not as defined. I agree with everyone that we should not feel this issue in a $40K luxury vehicle.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Today the tech. did another ride-along with me. This time he had laptop with data recorder hooked up to the car and captured data about 5 times. Again he didn't even need me to tell him when it was starting and stopping because he could feel the vibration in the passenger seat. They're going to send the data to CA for the engineers to review. The district service rep. drove it yesterday and commented that he thought it was normal. Going to have a serious problem if they tell me a vibration even passengers can feel is normal in a $40,000.00 car.
I hate it when Acura makes these statements. It happens so often that I'm sure they train their service people to say this, and probably most customers just walk away and live with it. But it brings down the brand and certainly any aspirations Acura has of being taken seriously as a luxury brand. When all the service rep has to do is drive a demo car and see the difference, how do they say this with a straight face? In a literal sense he is just lying to you hoping you would go away. If Acura Management were serious about their brand they would fire these guys as the only way to purge this culture out of the company. But likely he gets a bonus for saving money on warranty repairs.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Racer

Honda released a TSB for the Pilot over many model years including all 14-15 VINs for VCM-induced vibrations. Let's hope they get around to TLX sooner rather than later with a similar fix.

From SB 14-078: "Under certain driving conditions, there is excessive vibration between 30 and 65 mph.
For 2WD and 4WD vehicles, the calibration VCM operation combined with the action of the lock up torque converter creates excessive vibration."

I understand there's also a VCM-related TSB for vibrations in the '14 RDX as well.

Last edited by jeich182; 03-07-2015 at 01:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bbast07 (03-07-2015)
Old 07-11-2015, 09:09 PM
2nd Gear

Vibration

I notice a slight vibration at med to high speeds (45 to 80) that I can feel though the steering wheel and in my seat. But it varies in intensity without a pattern I've been able to discern yet. At first I thought maybe it was wheel(s) being out-of-balance or a defective tire but the inconsistent nature of it makes me wonder if it could be VCM? A coworker with a SH-AWD TLX noticed the same thing in his. I'm hoping it's the former because if it is VCM and I'm going to have to 'live with this' for three years, the TLX/Acura and I are going to have a serious problem.
Check the wheel bearing. And cv axle.
Also transmission even when its in neutral and you're going 60 mph it still spins without linkage. So it could something near because it feels like its in the middle of the car on the front and with my Maxima 2014 it's not balancing it's not bad tires cause I've swapped the front to the back its not my rear end but the shop I went to insisted because the jungle wasn't vibrating that it was in the rear so they changed the rear bearing and it did nothing waiting on the front end bearings to come in Thank God at least enterprise gives you a powertrain 15000 mile warranty because I would go drive this car into their little office building
Old 07-15-2015, 04:32 PM
Intermediate

Let me join in with others who are having vibration issues. I live in Northern NJ & having a similar problem with vibration when driving about 70 mph. Smooth below 60 mph and once I reach 80mph. I'm in a 2015 TLX V6 SHAWD w/ Tech. with about 2,000 miles on the odometer. I feel vibration through the steering wheel, floor, and can literally see the passenger seat shake.

I thought it was a tire or rim issue until I read this thread. Now I'm not so sure.

My tire story goes as follows: I started with the Goodyear OEM's, and experienced vibration. The dealer rebalanced them 2X, and eventually swapped them out with OEM Potenzas. That improved the vibration a bit. I wanted a better 4 season tire so I recently bought a set of Conti DWS 06 UHP tires - 235/50/18. Balanced 2x. Vibration is back with vengeance. I'm now regretting that move. Tire shop is top notch. One rear tire has a minor 'hop.' They are getting another tire, but I'm pretty sure that won't solve the vibration. Rims appear to be OK.

I hope Acura doesn't blame for the vibration because I put on different tires at a private shop.

This is my 5th TL now TLX. First 4 were great. Two Hondas before that. I stayed with Acura because they were so reliable. I can't believe this is happening on an Acura/Honda product. I guess new designs of this magnitude are a risky propositions.

Just curious if anyone could direct me to a service dept in Northern NJ that is already working on this vibration issue.

Thanks for you time.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:27 AM
Racer

Based on the symptom its probably fair to say your issue is not VCM like it is in my and other's cars.

Why not keep the pressure on the dealer to resolve the issue? Going to a private shop and buying non OE tires may complicate the issue as it looks like a return trip to the dealer is a must. If the dealer acknowledged it before make sure you remind them of that.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:13 PM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I also have the vibration, feel it in my seat and the steering wheel. I had it looked at a week ago and they did a wheel balance. Did not resolve the problem. Love the car otherwise, but it should be smooth at all times.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:24 AM
9th Gear

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=weather;15236665]^^ Don't hold your breath on the VCM issue. I had a problem with a rear clunking noise in my RDX and the same line....Acura is working hard to solve these issue....guess what, it is still not resolved after 2 years. I want to hope that Acura will address this issue but I think it is an engineering problem and not cheap or easy to solve.

QUOTE]

I know this is not exactly related to the title of this thread, but weather, if your RDX is a 2013 - newer the rear clunking noise when going over bumpy/uneven roads is a common problem with one or both rear shocks. I am a service consultant at an Acura dealership and we have replaced so many that we keep them in stock.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:38 AM
9th Gear

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

The tech was monitoring freeze frame data using the HDS during your test drive. He should also be able to see when VCM kicks in/on via the HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) tablet/computer and by monitoring this he can verify if the vibration starts stop with the engagement/disengagement of VCM.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:44 AM
Racer

^ they acknowledged its VCM but since it's "normal operation at this time" there's nothing they can do about it. Rumbling premium cars are normal and acceptable according to Acura. As soon as I can get my wife on board I will be out of this car which is sad thought because I've owned nothing but Honda and Acura cars for almost 20 years. I've made excuses for the brand before but not this time when there's a wet blanket of a transmission on top of the engine vibrations.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:01 PM
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
^ they acknowledged its VCM but since it's "normal operation at this time" there's nothing they can do about it. Rumbling premium cars are normal and acceptable according to Acura. As soon as I can get my wife on board I will be out of this car which is sad thought because I've owned nothing but Honda and Acura cars for almost 20 years. I've made excuses for the brand before but not this time when there's a wet blanket of a transmission on top of the engine vibrations.
I think our cars must be twins... seriously. It's an ongoing saga. I'll have more details later.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:22 AM
2015 TLX SH-AWD Elite BWP

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
Joining the club...
I'm feeling same slight vibration at highway speed.
First I thought is the portion of the highway through I'm passing every day , but now being a "construction holiday" in Quebec, I could cruise at same high speed on other portion of highway and I really feel it. It's coming and going. My first thought was that is a wheel unbalanced but reading the thread here , I'm pretty sure is VCM related.
I have about 5000km on the odometer and I should schedule first oil change soon were I'll mention all my issues form vibration, jerk shifting 2-3 and the back door open door sensor.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:56 PM
3rd Gear

I've got the TLS V6 AWD (elite) Model. I notice it that my car shakes between 100 and 130 km/hr. Shake gets pretty annoying. Passenger seat shakes excessively and can be felt on the steering wheel and driver seat, and throughout the car. Really takes the enjoyment away of driving this car. I've already tried to balance the tires, but issue is still there. Really disappointed after spending 50K+ on this car. Its a great car otherwise but would not recommend this car until a fix is out for this because long distance highway driving does not make it fun.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:32 PM
8th Gear

I notice a slight vibration at med to high speeds (45 to 80) that I can feel though the steering wheel and in my seat. But it varies in intensity without a pattern I've been able to discern yet. At first I thought maybe it was wheel(s) being out-of-balance or a defective tire but the inconsistent nature of it makes me wonder if it could be VCM? A coworker with a SH-AWD TLX noticed the same thing in his. I'm hoping it's the former because if it is VCM and I'm going to have to 'live with this' for three years, the TLX/Acura and I are going to have a serious problem.
I have a TLX V6 AWS. I only feel it at 80 mph. It feels like it comes from the rear. Feel it in the seat not so much in the steering wheel. I am thinking it's the VCM. I have a message to Acura corporate. It's unacceptable especially with Acura.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by SCTLX11
I have a TLX V6 AWS. I only feel it at 80 mph. It feels like it comes from the rear. Feel it in the seat not so much in the steering wheel. I am thinking it's the VCM. I have a message to Acura corporate. It's unacceptable especially with Acura.
VCM would kick in long before 80 mph and would not seem like it comes from the rear. Yours does not seem to be VCM.

It seems to me that this is mostly affecting SH-AWD models. So it may be coming from the rear clutch pack, rear half-shafts etc.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
VCM would kick in long before 80 mph and would not seem like it comes from the rear. Yours does not seem to be VCM.

It seems to me that this is mostly affecting SH-AWD models. So it may be coming from the rear clutch pack, rear half-shafts etc.

I drove a V6 FWD and it had the shakes as well. I pick up my SHAWD tomorrow and I'll be doing a thorough test drive before signing to be sure. Knowing its VCM, I may be ok with it if I can't really notice it much. If its bad though, I may just go with an I4.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
For what it's worth, mine is experiencing this as well. 3.5L V6 AWD 2,300 miles.

The dealer had my car for a week, all verified the issue from mechanic to the GM. I didn't want to replace my driveline so went with a set of OEM Bridgestone tires off the NON AWD TLX V6 and it mitigated the vibration by probably 75%.

Mine was very noticeable the higher the speed went. Balanced the tires twice, rotated the wheels, swapped a set of wheels on from another car etc.

Mine was doing it on ACCELERATION as well which means it's NOT the VCM!!! At any rate, happy for now until Acura puts out a TSB. We had the regional Acura representative involved so Techline is aware. My $0.02
Old 10-16-2015, 06:15 AM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by #172CR
For what it's worth, mine is experiencing this as well. 3.5L V6 AWD 2,300 miles.

The dealer had my car for a week, all verified the issue from mechanic to the GM. I didn't want to replace my driveline so went with a set of OEM Bridgestone tires off the NON AWD TLX V6 and it mitigated the vibration by probably 75%.

Mine was very noticeable the higher the speed went. Balanced the tires twice, rotated the wheels, swapped a set of wheels on from another car etc.

Mine was doing it on ACCELERATION as well which means it's NOT the VCM!!! At any rate, happy for now until Acura puts out a TSB. We had the regional Acura representative involved so Techline is aware. My $0.02
I'm in the same boat. It's definitely not VCM as it even occurs if I have my foot to the floor.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts
Same here with TLX sh-awd tech. The car has ~ 700 miles and we are in 2nd time for the vibration. The first time the dealer did nothing, but at this point I am not letting this go unaccounted. Like others, I find this unacceptable for a car that is considered premium/luxury.

Has anyone tried lemon law for the vibration? any success stories?
Old 10-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mlody
Same here with TLX sh-awd tech. The car has ~ 700 miles and we are in 2nd time for the vibration. The first time the dealer did nothing, but at this point I am not letting this go unaccounted. Like others, I find this unacceptable for a car that is considered premium/luxury.

Has anyone tried lemon law for the vibration? any success stories?
Jumping on the bandwagon. 2015 Elite Sh-awd. Anything at 100 or above crushing causes the vibration. Pretty sure it's the VCM.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Instructor

I don't have the V6 in my TLX however I do have the V6 in my 2012 Pilot and definitely had the VCM shudder issues. On the Honda Pilot forum on user came up with a simple mod to shutdown the VCM feature on the V6 Pilots. I put one in Pilot and VCM and ECO light no longer come on. I believe this mod would work on the TLX's as well.
VCM disable - a new and better way - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Old 10-31-2015, 04:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
I recently have noticed a mild vibration feeling through the steering wheel around the 60 km (37 mph) speed when I am cruising. Haven't noticed at highway speeds, but I don't do much highway driving. Definitely goes away when accelerating, and although it is minor and something that has perhaps been there a while (as I focused more on throttle control in different IDS modes to smooth out my first two shifts) I am curious about what can be done, if anything. I appreciate good fuel economy so a minor vibration feeling is no biggie if it's "normal". I wonder if the reinforced engine mounts should be tightened? I use the Idle Stop feature a lot, so perhaps things loosen up over time (almost 1 year into the car).
Old 11-05-2015, 02:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

The video posted above nailed the issue, so I don't think there is a "fix", I suspect the difference between driver comments is that some are simply more tuned into these kinds of things and others drive from point A to B without a lot of analysis.

I think I am noticing it for the first time when cruising around 60 kph, which is the most common city speed. It's a very slight vibration/rumble feeling (not noise) a little bit like the rumble feeling of a CVT at slower speeds. Not a big deal, and perhaps was always there but I didn't notice it until I read this thread All that said, I will get them to check my Active Control Engine Mounts to ensure they are working properly, especially as I use Idle Stop frequently, that also loads the mounts.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Str8crzy82
I have been trying to figure out my issue for months now and think that this thread might have finally answered my question. I have been experiencing vibrations at certain speeds when I stay at that speed. It seems to happen when there is change in gears from 2nd through 9th gear. Now when I accelerate through all the gears everything works as advertised. Now when I stay at certain speeds where my gears change (around 40mph, 45 mph, 50mph, 60mph, 65mph) there is a small annoying vibration in the steering wheel.
I brought my TLX up to my dealership on this issue and they went on to tell me these were the sweet spots and that they couldn't do anything for me. We even drove another one and it had similar vibrations but not as defined. I agree with everyone that we should not feel this issue in a $40K luxury vehicle.
This is how I would describe my issue, which seems more noticeable to me of late than in the first 1o months of ownership where the car was so smooth. Now it feels like my CVT in my 14 Altima 2.5 (which only "lugs" at lower speeds. I feel it most around 60 - 75 kph through the steering wheel, and dare I say it, seems worse after my transmission update for the potential shifting to neutral issue (which doesn't make sense). It also disappears when accelerating, which would suggest VCM. At higher cruising speeds, when 4 cylinders are functioning, the vibration is less than those cruising speeds around 50 - 75 kph - again consistent with how VCM works.

The issue is, why does it feel worse than before? My engine mounts were checked and apparently were fine. I am going to drive another SH-AWD tomorrow for comparison.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

I must sheepishly admit that the issue is no longer an issue AFTER I fully inflated my tires. Although no warning light, the pressure had dropped enough to make a difference. Now, the steering wheel feedback at cruising speed is certainly within the normal range.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:55 AM
1st Gear

Hi everyone,

Owner of TLX V6 SH-AWD.
The issue with the vibration when the VCM kicks in is the least of your and mine worries. There are few very serious documented BAD side effects form the operation of the VCM(VCM class action sued in USA).
1. Piston rings of NON operational cylinders clogged and not working well
2. Engine burning excessive amounts of oil after ~60km
3. Spark plug on non operational cylinders getting clogged every 50k
4. Rear engine mounts prematurely destroyed by the 3 cylinder operation

A friend of mine just had his 2012 Odyssey 60k in the dealership for piston ring replacement due to excessive oil consumption. However this is not a permanent fix...just resting the clock. Unfortunately Honda will not disable the VCM.

The Honda line up has an ECO light which indicated when the VCM is activated. They removed it on the latest Acura models, so the driver could not make connection between VCM kicking in and vibrations. This is very sad.

The Acura models seem to be a bit more refined so the vibration is not that pronounced. However the side effects mentioned above are most likely going to be present on our vehicles.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Instructor

My theory is that Rocky's 8-9/10 girls like him because of the VCM-induced subtle vibration in his elite RDX. Poor soul, he thinks that it is because of him, his good looks, booze-free parties and costco clothing ...

VCM baby!!! That will get you 8+ mamacitas!!

Last edited by mindanalyzer; 11-20-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I do love my TLX V6, so much fun to drive and great power. However I'm having the same problem. I do have another problem, does anyone has a vibration on your passenger sit while running?
Old 12-01-2015, 09:06 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Okay, let's talk about this. I now have 13,000 miles on my V6 FWD, and I've just started noticing this vibration under light throttle (when the VCM kicks in).

In my case, it is so mild that most people wouldn't notice it - it's like maybe I'm driving on slightly textured pavement. In fact, at first that's what I thought it was. Then I started paying more attention and realized right away it was VCM. After all, I haven't seen a 3-cyl engine that ran smoothly, since that's an unbalanced number of power impulses. And it happened only when under light throttle and stopped immediately when I gave it some gas.

But I then wondered if it was related to the latest transmission software, thinking maybe they changed the shift points and caused the engine to "lug" more. And I think that's a possibility, since straining more would cause the vibration to be more pronounced. And after all, it started only after getting the transmission update. I guess I'm suggesting maybe it's a combination of gearing and VCM.

For now, it's nothing I can't easily live with. If they come up with a fix, great, but if it's no worse than this, I'm okay with it. needless to say, if anyone hears of a fix, let us know.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Witojr
I do love my TLX V6, so much fun to drive and great power. However I'm having the same problem. I do have another problem, does anyone has a vibration on your passenger sit while running?
My seat and the seat buckle vibrates like crazy, but so is my car, so i am pretty sure these two are related; however, it would be nice to hear from someone who does not have any highway vibrationts to see if their seat and seat buckles vibrate.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 400 Likes on 282 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Okay, let's talk about this. I now have 13,000 miles on my V6 FWD, and I've just started noticing this vibration under light throttle (when the VCM kicks in).

In my case, it is so mild that most people wouldn't notice it - it's like maybe I'm driving on slightly textured pavement. In fact, at first that's what I thought it was. Then I started paying more attention and realized right away it was VCM.
Alternate theory. Nothing has changed in how the car operates, but the driver now has a heightened sense of how the car operates. That's what you get from reading all these reports, and unfortunately you cannot put the genie back in the box. This happened to me so I am talking from experience.
The following users liked this post:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (12-02-2015)

Quick Reply: Vibration at medium to high speeds - Wheel or VCM?