Seat Heater Won't Work After Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Seat Heater Won't Work After Remote Start

Has anyone else encountered this issue? After using the remote start feature, I'm unable to turn on the seat heaters. When I push the seat icon, the seat menu pops up but when I select the "heat level", it defaults to the "off" position.
It took me several days to associate being unable to use the seat heaters after using the remote start. If I turn the car off and restart it, the system then lets me turn on the seats and they work fine. Am I missing something? Sucks to drive a block or more and then have to pull over and turn the car off and back on in order to use the seat heaters.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Jon, I just tried it on mine. When I shut off the car, the seats were set to AUTO. So, I used the remote start. opened the door, pushed in the brake and start button. I was able to change seat heater settings.

If you need a different parameter, let me know
Old 12-20-2014, 02:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
JonfromCB....Please careful about posting the same topics in numerous locations. You will find that moderators (and members) aren't overly a fan of this behavior

Otherwise...Welcome to Acurazine my fella Maritimer
The following users liked this post:
Mr Hyde (12-22-2014)
Old 12-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Jon, I just tried it on mine. When I shut off the car, the seats were set to AUTO. So, I used the remote start. opened the door, pushed in the brake and start button. I was able to change seat heater settings.

If you need a different parameter, let me know

Thanks Stew, What do you mean by a different parameter?

When I park, the car is warm, set on "auto" at 65 degrees with the seat warmers off....a hour later I remote start, walk to the car (ambient temperature is between 20 and 30 degrees). When I get in the car the climate system is blowing full blast until I brake and push the start button, at which time the system resumes the settings at the time I last left the car. This is when I'm saying the controls will not allow me to turn the seats on until I turn the car off and back on. Is there something I should be doing/setting prior to leaving the car that I'm overlooking?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Suzuka Master

I meant that if you wanted me to have the seat heaters set go something other than auto.

I really have no idea why you might be locked out of changing the settings. Can you adjust the cabin temp?
Old 12-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Advanced

Thanks Stew, After your post I tried going to the seat menu and pushing the "auto" box to the right of "off" box and it worked just as you described. What is weird to me is that pushing the seat heater + selection boxes don't automatically turn-off the "off" function, and when I push the "auto" button, both the "off" and "auto" icon boxes stay lit.

Now I just need to figure out how to have the seats come on with the remote start.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Suzuka Master

I'm glad to help and learn. I don't need the heated seats much where I live but will want the vent option working come summer
Old 12-21-2014, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue with the heated seat after starting car remotely. Unfortunately it is not happening every time so it is hard to figure out the source of the problem.
The second problem is that sometime "Auto idle Stop" is not working when it should. I have to stop and start the engine for the feature to start working again.
I suspect both problems happened when start driving before system is fully initialized. If I wait for Navigation screen to show before driving begins - the problems dont show.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Petr
I have the same issue with the heated seat after starting car remotely. Unfortunately it is not happening every time so it is hard to figure out the source of the problem.
The second problem is that sometime "Auto idle Stop" is not working when it should. I have to stop and start the engine for the feature to start working again.
I suspect both problems happened when start driving before system is fully initialized. If I wait for Navigation screen to show before driving begins - the problems dont show.
I've noticed that the rear camera lines, both yellow and orange, also don't appear if you engage reverse quickly after starting. 'Kind of like Windows populating the SysTray after a boot. Not an issue, just how it works.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Petr

Petr, I addressed the same issue of Auto idle stop with Acura. Was told they are unaware of a problem, but there are unspecified conditions that prevent it from engaging some times...ie... accessories causing a high demand on the battery/alternator will prevent engine turn off. Likewise, I notice than when it's cold (20 degrees) it won't work for 15 or twenty minutes. Also, make sure you push the brake pedal down far enough, or the idle stop won't engage.

Back to the seats....like Stew said above, if the seat menu is set to "auto" prior to turning the vehicle off, the seats can be turned on after remote start without having to restart the car....but if you change the seat heat settings without returning the menu setting to "auto" again it won't work next remote start. Technology should be seamless and useful. The Climate and audio controls on this car are pitiful and Acura and their dealers have obviously been trained to reply "we're unaware of that" and they don't call back, even though they insist that they will. I knew better than to buy a new first year model, but I did anyway. I'm quickly reminded of why aircraft use switches and buttons every time I get in this car.

When it's cold (ie 20 or less) and the "auto" climate settings reach the set temperature, the system begins to blow cold outside air onto the windshield vents that hits the driver and passenger right in the face....WTF Acura?
Old 12-22-2014, 01:40 PM
a77
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by JonfromCB

When it's cold (ie 20 or less) and the "auto" climate settings reach the set temperature, the system begins to blow cold outside air onto the windshield vents that hits the driver and passenger right in the face....WTF Acura?
Yes - some bright spark thought this would be an enhancement to auto climate control, ensuring it kept the shield clear in higher humidity cold conditions. Trouble is when it is properly cold outside the windshield is also very cold and by the time the defllected air from the blower reaches the driver and passenger...it is too cold. Auto climate control did not need improving - it was next to perfect as was - in my previous 06 accord, my GTi, my TSX, and every current Honda. If drier air is needed on the shield then let the customer override the system.

I also think there should be a more powerful warm air flow to the feet than currently exists. Its like its being constricted somewhere.

Of course all these auto goings on can be rectified but why should so much manual intervention be required. I should make a list of software adjustments and send to acura (as well as my verbal requests). They don't really mar a great car, but they are frustrating because the fix is so simple - just a bit of programming - like the heated seat palava.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:50 PM
Forum Contributor

Received 1,391 Likes on 643 Posts
https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-.../#post15914835