9AT Hard Shift 1-2 and 2-3

Old 10-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts
I think I proved a theory this afternoon. I picked up 400 pounds in sandstone for a walkway, and transported them in my trunk. Guess what? MAGIC BANANAS! The smoothest my car has EVER shifted. I tried all drive modes. I think this tranny is built for a heavier car. It can't be good for the shocks, but if it was as easy as adding 400 extra pounds and then we would have a smooth transmission, I would do that in a heartbeat. I don't even care about the little in lost MPG.

Or, I just need to bring a few friends with me everywhere.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
^ Interesting! If it only took 150 lbs or so, that's not unreasonable.....
The following users liked this post:
Quandry (10-02-2015)
Old 10-02-2015, 09:15 PM
2015 TLX SH-AWD Elite BWP

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by ATXTLX
I think I proved a theory this afternoon. I picked up 400 pounds in sandstone for a walkway, and transported them in my trunk. Guess what? MAGIC BANANAS! The smoothest my car has EVER shifted. I tried all drive modes. I think this tranny is built for a heavier car. It can't be good for the shocks, but if it was as easy as adding 400 extra pounds and then we would have a smooth transmission, I would do that in a heartbeat. I don't even care about the little in lost MPG.

Or, I just need to bring a few friends with me everywhere.

That explain MDX behavior (better than TLX) ?
Old 10-02-2015, 10:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by 1Louder
^ Interesting! If it only took 150 lbs or so, that's not unreasonable.....
A heavy fast food diet for a few months could do the trick
finebead (10-03-2015)
Old 10-03-2015, 10:19 AM

150-200 lbs would be one passenger - not unreasonable to add (3-4 sand bags) for the trunk and shouldn't have a huge impact on mpg. If it took 400 well then that's too much to lug around on a regular basis. Next time I have to haul something that size I'm going to take note.....
Old 10-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ Hummm, not with me as I only weigh 115lbs *lol*
Old 10-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
On to the Lemon Law lawsuit

Hey everyone--

Well, I took my case to arbitration and lost. I won't share my opinions here, but I will say that I will be filing a Lemon Law lawsuit shortly (here in Ohio, I had to go through arbitration before I could file a lawsuit). I have repeatedly called Acura and no one wants to even give me a straight answer as to whether Acura is continuing to investigate this issue--despite issuing Service Bulletins 15-038 and 15-040. The last time I called Acura Client Relations and asked for a supervisor, I was referred back to the individual in Acura's mediation group who represented Acura at the arbitration. When I asked him if Acura was still looking into this issue, he just gave the corporate line that Acura is always listening to its customers in an effort to make its products better. When I asked him if he could connect me with someone in engineering, he claimed that he talked to engineers and would convey my concern. But he couldn't tell me what, if anything, engineering was doing to address this issue. I will probably write a separate letter to Jon Ikeda, the vice president in charge of the Acura brand for Honda, to see if that gets anywhere. Nothing ventured...
The following 3 users liked this post by jcroniser:
1Louder (10-04-2015), ATXTLX (10-04-2015), Maklbc (10-05-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 09:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by jcroniser
Hey everyone--

Well, I took my case to arbitration and lost. I won't share my opinions here, but I will say that I will be filing a Lemon Law lawsuit shortly (here in Ohio, I had to go through arbitration before I could file a lawsuit). I have repeatedly called Acura and no one wants to even give me a straight answer as to whether Acura is continuing to investigate this issue--despite issuing Service Bulletins 15-038 and 15-040. The last time I called Acura Client Relations and asked for a supervisor, I was referred back to the individual in Acura's mediation group who represented Acura at the arbitration. When I asked him if Acura was still looking into this issue, he just gave the corporate line that Acura is always listening to its customers in an effort to make its products better. When I asked him if he could connect me with someone in engineering, he claimed that he talked to engineers and would convey my concern. But he couldn't tell me what, if anything, engineering was doing to address this issue. I will probably write a separate letter to Jon Ikeda, the vice president in charge of the Acura brand for Honda, to see if that gets anywhere. Nothing ventured...
What a pain this has become. All I got lately from ACR was "continue working with your local service rep.." when I'd complain about this issue. ACR doesn't care, period. It seems to me that they, ACR, is only there to deflect as much as they can. I am still disappointed with Acura as a company. I'll drive this RLX a while and just hope nothing goes wrong, or rather that they fix what IS wrong with it.

Good luck to you, I can relate to your situation.
jcroniser (10-05-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 08:09 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
Originally Posted by jcroniser
Hey everyone--

I can understand your frustration. I fought with MB years ago to buy back our 2011 ML. MBUSA was basically useless, same as ACR is doing with you, the MB rep would just stick to the corp script.

Took a while but it wasn't until I got the GM of my dealership involved that MBUSA began listening. After 3 months MB bought it back.

Stick with it, I'm pretty sure Acura will delay this as long as they can hoping that you'll get more frustrated and give up.. Good Luck.
jcroniser (10-05-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
It's really sad to read of this issue. ZF really dropped the ball on this 9-cog transmission. As I recall, it's not only the TLX having issues with this tranny.

The bespoke 7-cog DCT in the RLX Sport Hybrid is damned near perfect. At least Acura got that one right. They also got the 6-cog RLX PAWS tranny right by most accounts.

I think Honda needs to go back to designing its own transmissions rather than contracting them out. Better (we hope) quality control that way.
The following 4 users liked this post by neuronbob:
1Louder (10-05-2015), Hoosier_TLX (10-05-2015), jcroniser (10-05-2015), Stew4HD (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 03:38 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by neuronbob
It's really sad to read of this issue. ZF really dropped the ball on this 9-cog transmission. As I recall, it's not only the TLX having issues with this tranny.

The bespoke 7-cog DCT in the RLX Sport Hybrid is damned near perfect. At least Acura got that one right. They also got the 6-cog RLX PAWS tranny right by most accounts.

I think Honda needs to go back to designing its own transmissions rather than contracting them out. Better (we hope) quality control that way.
I am enjoying the smooth shifts of the 6 spd. I still have the memory of the hard shift and hesitation of the TLX. I find myself still expecting that hard 2-3 shift
Old 10-05-2015, 05:18 AM
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by neuronbob
I'm not sure where I posted this, but I know for a fact that Honda is at least in the process of designing a replacement. The ZF was basically used as an intermediate solution until they could develop and test their own in house tranny. The only thing that scares me a little is that I get the feeling that it will be EVEN MORE than 9 speeds.

I do hope it's a better transmission because I think the issues that some are experiencing is detracting from an otherwise great car.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:38 AM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoosier_TLX
I'm not sure where I posted this, but I know for a fact that Honda is at least in the process of designing a replacement. The ZF was basically used as an intermediate solution until they could develop and test their own in house tranny. The only thing that scares me a little is that I get the feeling that it will be EVEN MORE than 9 speeds.

I do hope it's a better transmission because I think the issues that some are experiencing is detracting from an otherwise great car.
Hoosier I know for a fact they are working on a 10 speed (cringe). Next gen Odyssey will have the 9 ZF on lower grades and 10 on higher grades. side note, close game this weekend!
Old 10-05-2015, 09:27 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mikedub88
Hoosier I know for a fact they are working on a 10 speed (cringe). Next gen Odyssey will have the 9 ZF on lower grades and 10 on higher grades. side note, close game this weekend!
Source? Dual-Clutch I assume?
Old 10-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Instructor

Passed on the ZF 9 speed - Page 2 - Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums

It looks like there is commotion among new Pilot owners about this ZF 9 speed transmission now. The comments seemed mixed, just like with the TLX and the MDX.

It baffles me as to why Honda / Acura continues to be ok with the fact that this is such a polarizing transmission.

I am trying to adapt myself to the odd behavior, but I know I will never purchase another ZF 9 speed vehicle again after this one.

I wonder what Honda / Acura's plan is?.. Continue upsetting buyers until their own unit is available? Then what happens to the thousands of buyers that have the ZF?
Old 10-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Racer

I wonder what Honda / Acura's plan is?.. Continue upsetting buyers until their own unit is available? Then what happens to the thousands of buyers that have the ZF?

Old 10-05-2015, 10:32 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mikedub88
side note, close game this weekend!
Yes, I don't think anyone expected that. I'm not really an IU football guy, but I do hope they start resembling a Big 10 team and it looks like they might be getting closer.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:20 PM
2015 TLX SH-AWD Elite BWP

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts
This weekend I drove my wife's 2015 Santa Fe (with 6 sp) and damn I was in love again !! Linear , no hard shifts , always on the right gear and I was almost waiting for the "bumps" between 2-3 change and nothing happened ...damn you Acura , you screwed up and lost me ..
Old 10-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Dealership service manager says this is normal and acura has no plans to change or fix it.
I don't believe him. But also have a feeling this issue won't be fixed or addressed by Acura for a while.

Any one with a 2016 tlx or mdx have the hard shift issue?
Old 10-05-2015, 02:35 PM

I am trying to adapt myself to the odd behavior, but I know I will never purchase another ZF 9 speed vehicle again after this one.
This x1000.

Nothing. I'm not being bitter or resentful, but in the absence of a recall or safety problem, then nothing. The only thing that will speak to Acura is loss of sales, and that will only happen if there is really bad press and/or a real defect or recall.

Car makers build cars all the time that have safe but awful design implementations. Honda/Acura just seem to have very few, which is why this is so surprising. In the end they all ride out these issues and fix it in the next gen model.

Reason is it takes forever to change a part in an assembly line - especially something major like a transmission. You need months of lead time to get new parts into production, maybe years. You have to do all the design and engineering, build prototypes, test them, then get the parts assembled at the suppliers and flowing to production. If they started today you might see a big change (like a new transmission) in the 2018 model. 2016 is in the pipe, and the 2017's start rolling out a year from now.

But here is how this will go down: Acura will sell the ZF through the 2017 or 2018 model, and the Gen 2 will have the new tranny. They may make one more half-hearted attempt at a software update. But if they haven't fixed it by now, they either can't or don't want to spend the money. Meanwhile they'll sell a boat load of TLX's and put up with 1% complaining about a transmission while they point to the 99% who don't notice or don't care.

For those of us where this matters, we're all going to be stuck riding this out until we can trade out of them or return them when the lease is up.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by 1Louder
This x1000.

But if they haven't fixed it by now, they either can't or don't want to spend the money. Meanwhile they'll sell a boat load of TLX's and put up with 1% complaining about a transmission while they point to the 99% who don't notice or don't care.
Don't notice, don't care, or the third option, don't have the problem. I'm still not convinced that even a majority of TLX's have the issue. I don't think it's fair to those who have the issue that they're being so slow fixing it, though.

I've been on many test drives before I purchased, and out of all 5 of those (including a 24 hour loaner while my 3G was getting service that they didn't have a part for), only a single one of those had the issue. Granted, anecdotes aren't evidence, but my guess is that probably 10-20% of them are affected, which is still huge. Even if it was 1%, they should fix it for the people that have it.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:13 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by youngTL
Don't notice, don't care, or the third option, don't have the problem. I'm still not convinced that even a majority of TLX's have the issue. I don't think it's fair to those who have the issue that they're being so slow fixing it, though.

I've been on many test drives before I purchased, and out of all 5 of those (including a 24 hour loaner while my 3G was getting service that they didn't have a part for), only a single one of those had the issue. Granted, anecdotes aren't evidence, but my guess is that probably 10-20% of them are affected, which is still huge. Even if it was 1%, they should fix it for the people that have it.

I don't have a TLX, but the most frustrating thing I have read is when the dealer says there's nothing wrong.

I can understand that they may not have a fix for it yet, and are awaiting directions from corporate. But to blow customers off and tell them there is nothing wrong with their cars is unacceptable. Same goes for ACS, which as several people on the forum reported are blowing them off too.

I know if it was me I would rather Acura be honest and tell me they're working on a fix and it may take some time. Now to be honest, I may not be happy with that answer, but at least I wouldn't feel like I was being made a fool of.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:25 AM
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I am enjoying the smooth shifts of the 6 spd. I still have the memory of the hard shift and hesitation of the TLX. I find myself still expecting that hard 2-3 shift
I had an RLX loaner a couple months ago and not only did I appreciate the 6AT, I was bracing for the hard 2-3 shift that wasn't there. Sigh.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:27 AM
Racer

Received 116 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Axe
Source? Dual-Clutch I assume?
I read about this on TOV. Not DCT, traditional friction clutch AT but with no dog clutches (thankfully).
Old 10-06-2015, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by youngTL

I completely agree. I think they should. But we should not hope for anything drastic, certainly no more than another attempt at a SW update.

The key data point is sales. If they are meeting projections, and sales are not falling over this issue, then the most likely outcome is maybe another attempt at an update and the real change will be in the Gen 2 car.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts
Well I wonder this too. Do you guys think the average driver would notice this? The majority of car buyers probably aren't as observant as everyone here. If the average person is noticing the shifts I bet Acura would have to fix it.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently purchased a TLX V6 AWD with Advanced package and I have this issue. At first it was severe but with 20 miles of driving made things calm down and now it has come to a point that its negligible. But still I can feel slight jerkiness. I have an appointment with a dealer for the issue and I m going there with printed service bulletins and they told me my car has no updates and they were not even aware with 15-38 and 15-40 update. But I have some other more pressing issues to address, 1) I have wrinkles on my leather seats 2) Engine stop start system has a issue with starting up as it revs up the engine more than 1500 rpm before moving. I think 15-38 would address this issue. But all in all I am happy with the car for the 60 mile drive. I usually get fedup with cars even for a slightest problem (for ex I leased a Lexus IS 250 and I got fed up of it on the drive back to home due to errors in the infotainment system. I loved the BMW 3 series I had but I sold it due to lack of AWD and north east snow.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:08 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kchemist
I recently purchased a TLX V6 AWD with Advanced package and I have this issue. At first it was severe but with 20 miles of driving made things calm down and now it has come to a point that its negligible. But still I can feel slight jerkiness. I have an appointment with a dealer for the issue and I m going there with printed service bulletins and they told me my car has no updates and they were not even aware with 15-38 and 15-40 update. But I have some other more pressing issues to address, 1) I have wrinkles on my leather seats 2) Engine stop start system has a issue with starting up as it revs up the engine more than 1500 rpm before moving. I think 15-38 would address this issue. But all in all I am happy with the car for the 60 mile drive. I usually get fedup with cars even for a slightest problem (for ex I leased a Lexus IS 250 and I got fed up of it on the drive back to home due to errors in the infotainment system. I loved the BMW 3 series I had but I sold it due to lack of AWD and north east snow.
I'm at 563 miles. No issue with transmission. Idle stop seems a bit slow to restart and aha sucks. No other complaints.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by kchemist
After some spirited discussions with my service department, I realized that they will not push some bulletins out but rather some will sit there until you complain about something. So the key to getting an SB applied is complain about what it's supposed to fix. My service manager was surprised I had actual copies of the SBs. I said I have a good web site.

I would also recommend discussing the "teach in / clear and relearn torque idle learn" procedure. That's not on an SB anywhere but it's what Acura engineering will recommend if (when) the SBs don't solve the issue. I'm about 2 weeks in after having that done and it's the one thing that improved the condition to the point of tolerable. Some owners who've had that done will say the relief is temporary - for me so far so good.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by iesu3423
I'm at 563 miles. No issue with transmission. Idle stop seems a bit slow to restart and aha sucks. No other complaints.
Glad to hear you finally purchased! And really glad to hear your transmission is performing well.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Glad to hear you finally purchased! And really glad to hear your transmission is performing well.
He won't have any trouble since I got rid of mine and lifted the curse
Old 10-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ I haven't been here as often lately so I was quite surprised to see the switch given how much effort you had to go through to get your TLX!

Congrats on your RLX and hope she/he will give you lots of driving pleasure. I am normally one that jumps on new car models when they get introduced but waiting out was the best decision I have made....I love my IS350 and while I haven't turned my back on Acura for good, I sure hope they will get this issue resolved on the MMC.

It is funny how different Acura and Lexus are different as far as their suspension tuning...While I LOVE my IS, the feeling of the ILX is so much fun, I find it more twitchy and providing road feedback....That is while I still WANT to come back to Acura but not at any costs....so they better get their crap together or I'll be with Lexus for a long time
Old 10-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by weather
^^ I haven't been here as often lately so I was quite surprised to see the switch given how much effort you had to go through to get your TLX!

Congrats on your RLX and hope she/he will give you lots of driving pleasure. I am normally one that jumps on new car models when they get introduced but waiting out was the best decision I have made....I love my IS350 and while I haven't turned my back on Acura for good, I sure hope they will get this issue resolved on the MMC.

It is funny how different Acura and Lexus are different as far as their suspension tuning...While I LOVE my IS, the feeling of the ILX is so much fun, I find it more twitchy and providing road feedback....That is while I still WANT to come back to Acura but not at any costs....so they better get their crap together or I'll be with Lexus for a long time
I am not sure I'll stay with Acura after my lease is up on this one, time will tell. I love the way the RLX rides. Comfort is definitely what this car is made for.. my one and only gripe.. NO HUD! WTF?
Old 10-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Intermediate

Oh well good luck with your IS, I leased an IS but I only used it for 3 months and did a lease transfer. Culprit was the infotainment system. I usually connect my iphone via USB for music and bluetooth for phone function. Everytime I received a phone call my music stops by giving ipod error and it never resumes until I go to audio sources and select the ipod again. Then it started to give this error periodically. Lexus never took the issue seriously and made some bull crap about the reason. Then while I was on a road trip GPS crashed.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Suzuka Master

^^ I don't have an Iphone so for me, this will not be an issue....At the end of teh day, one of my biggest factor when leasing/purchasing a vehicle is comfort, handling and the way it drives. Technology, to an a reasonable extent, is the least of my worries. I feel that car companies are trying to hard to come up with gadgetry and while I know some are great, others are just getting plain ridiculous. I would rather have a car company that focuses on doing something and do it well than always trying to introduce new stuff before making sure the previous thing they implemented actually works.

My 2 cents of course....
Old 10-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Intermediate

^^ I don't have an Iphone so for me, this will not be an issue....At the end of teh day, one of my biggest factor when leasing/purchasing a vehicle is comfort, handling and the way it drives. Technology, to an a reasonable extent, is the least of my worries. I feel that car companies are trying to hard to come up with gadgetry and while I know some are great, others are just getting plain ridiculous. I would rather have a car company that focuses on doing something and do it well than always trying to introduce new stuff before making sure the previous thing they implemented actually works.

My 2 cents of course....
Thats great, but having owned BMW 3, Lexus IS, Mercedes C and acura TLX I have to give driving pleasure to BMW followed by Mercedes. I didnt like the lexus front heavy driving dynamics. I m yet to have good driving experiance in acura so I cant say anything about it. But Acura has almost all the options that I enjoy in my mercedes except HUD and my wives favorite parktronic and airmatic but price difference is huge. Mercedes cost around $ 59850 leased it for $8500 off $51350 and acura was MSRP 45700 purchased it for $ 8300 off $37410. Difference of $14k made TLX is the most value for the money. Hopefully I will be using this car for sometime and continue to lease german cars. Lexus is not going to be my choice of brand in near future. Once a bad experience is enough for me.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm just about a week into ownership of my new TLX/Advance. I don't have any hard shifts to worry about after about 200 miles, but I do have the hesitation. If I slow the car down, but short of a stop, then get on the gas, the car doesn't seem to know what to do. Then after about a second, it tears down the road. So not sure if software will ever fix this, or I just learn to adapt. But I do still love the car. So many more positives, but if this hesitation wasn't there, I would have no complaints at all.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
I'm just about a week into ownership of my new TLX/Advance. I don't have any hard shifts to worry about after about 200 miles, but I do have the hesitation. If I slow the car down, but short of a stop, then get on the gas, the car doesn't seem to know what to do. Then after about a second, it tears down the road. So not sure if software will ever fix this, or I just learn to adapt. But I do still love the car. So many more positives, but if this hesitation wasn't there, I would have no complaints at all.
That rolling near stop hesitation was the first thing I began to complain to ACR about; they had no answer that. Sterling McCall's service guy that rode with me also tested another AWD model and it did the very same thing. We must be the only ones that make those kinds of maneuvers!

The excuse the Acura regional rep had for me regarding the hard shift and hesitations was that the transmission is so smart that it's thinking for me and that I need to be patient and let the car do what it is made for. I told him that his "reason" is a brush off and he said that the car is acting as it was made to do.

I hope they can sort this out for you all. It bothers me that we have to go through this at all.

OT (sorta), I had my RLX in to have the spoiler and splash guards installed yesterday. They gave me a new MDX Tech as a loaner. It has the push button shifter and ZF9. It didn't shift 2-3 hard but still feels like the transmission is undecided and seems to be in a hurry to upshift, leaving the vehicle underpowered feeling at times, especially on slow acceleration in traffic.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:32 AM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
That rolling near stop hesitation was the first thing I began to complain to ACR about; they had no answer that. Sterling McCall's service guy that rode with me also tested another AWD model and it did the very same thing. We must be the only ones that make those kinds of maneuvers!

The excuse the Acura regional rep had for me regarding the hard shift and hesitations was that the transmission is so smart that it's thinking for me and that I need to be patient and let the car do what it is made for. I told him that his "reason" is a brush off and he said that the car is acting as it was made to do.

I hope they can sort this out for you all. It bothers me that we have to go through this at all.

OT (sorta), I had my RLX in to have the spoiler and splash guards installed yesterday. They gave me a new MDX Tech as a loaner. It has the push button shifter and ZF9. It didn't shift 2-3 hard but still feels like the transmission is undecided and seems to be in a hurry to upshift, leaving the vehicle underpowered feeling at times, especially on slow acceleration in traffic.
^^ Don't you just love this line.... With MB the standard line was "The ML is operating as designed"

When we had the 2011 ML one of the issues (there were many) was with the trans (7 Speed) where it would act the same as Rocket_man explained;

"If I slow the car down, but short of a stop, then get on the gas, the car doesn't seem to know what to do. Then after about a second, it would tear down the road".

This was so frustrating, and boy does that 1 to 2 second delay feel like and eternity in some situations. MB updated the shift adaptions numerous times and after 2 to 3 weeks it would go back..

Finally after many, many test drives with the service dept staff a regional rep and my GM took a test drive and the ML clearly hesitated and "Duplicated the Problem" but the rep still had the nerve to tell me it was "Operating as designed".

Fortunately for me after that test drive the GM went to bat for me with MB.

Sorry, slightly OT, but trans related..
Old 10-07-2015, 05:51 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Hey, I hadn't read you had bought the car. I know you had been waiting for a while to decide, so welcome to the club.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 9AT Hard Shift 1-2 and 2-3