2015 TLX-AWD Vibration - Escalating

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by posservice
The dealer called yesterday and told me they drove the car for 15 miles and did not detect any vibration. Obviously I was very disappointed.

I talked with them for about 20 minutes and they are going to take the car out again and see what they can do.
Have you isolated the speed at which the vibration is at its worst? For me it is at 117kph and worse again at 125kph, if you can give them that magic number it gives them a place to start.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:21 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Caico
Have you isolated the speed at which the vibration is at its worst? For me it is at 117kph and worse again at 125kph, if you can give them that magic number it gives them a place to start.
Yes. I gave them the range of the issue and they called today and said they logged almost 100 total miles driving the car. Said they never felt the issue BUT they pulled the wheels and tires off of a TECH edition which has Bridgestone tires and drove it as well. They asked me to pick it up and drive it again and see how it feels.

Seems odd that they would drive it that many miles, not even feel it yet swap wheels and tires out and thenjoy drive it again. As I said before it always vibrates pretty bad between those stated speeds.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:23 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 2016's are starting to hit the lots. I'm curious if the vibrations we are experiencing will be fixed in the new model years. Once my local dealership has them in stock I will definitely be heading over to test drive a new one. You'd think with all of the feedback they did something to improve this issue. Thoughts?
Old 10-01-2015, 03:25 PM
5th Gear

Well I picked up the car and now with the Bridgestone Tires and Wheels off a TECH package and it vibrates at 40-45 MPH and then from 72MPH or so to 80MPH. I took it back to the dealer, and the technician went for a ride with me and verified the vibration into 72MPH and out at 80MPH. He didn't have a whole lot to say other than he believes it is tires. They swapped my wheels and tires back to the originals and are calling their Acura Zone Service Manager. This is not a slight vibration. This feels like a out of balance, flat spot, tire quality issue to me. It's a pretty significant vibration.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:34 AM
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
My 2.4 vibrates BAD at any speed above 30. I am sick about it as this car would be great if it didn't clunk and wobble.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:38 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by sincitytsx
My 2.4 vibrates BAD at any speed above 30. I am sick about it as this car would be great if it didn't clunk and wobble.
Yours sounds like the worst one yet and their not doing anything for you?
For owners in the U.S. Isn't there a LemonLaw in effect now that's states if your car is returned to the dealer for the same issue 5 consecutive times within a certain time frame the manufacturer is forced to replace it. I saw this on a consumer protection show, is it true?
Old 10-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
Didn't see this thread before, and actually the first I am hearing of this problem.

My own AWD car has been vibration free, even on aftermarket 19 inch wheels/tires.

Seems like people are describing 2 different issues. One that mimics an out of balance wheel/tire, and others seem to be describing more perceptible VCM vibrations. VCM on my car is pretty subtle. I have to really concentrate to feel it, and all I feel is a very mild shudder, and the throttle response is slightly different.

I bought a CPO RDX from Acura of Manhattan. They swapped the tires before I bought it and managed to mount the tires inside out. Took pics and submitted the bill to them for full reimbursement after my local trusted tire guy corrected the issue. Point being I don't trust dealerships for tire work, and if u were having these issues I would go to a trusted tire shop for road force balancing. If that helps, I'd submit them the bill for reimbursement.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:09 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Mr Hyde
Didn't see this thread before, and actually the first I am hearing of this problem.

My own AWD car has been vibration free, even on aftermarket 19 inch wheels/tires.

Seems like people are describing 2 different issues. One that mimics an out of balance wheel/tire, and others seem to be describing more perceptible VCM vibrations. VCM on my car is pretty subtle. I have to really concentrate to feel it, and all I feel is a very mild shudder, and the throttle response is slightly different.

I bought a CPO RDX from Acura of Manhattan. They swapped the tires before I bought it and managed to mount the tires inside out. Took pics and submitted the bill to them for full reimbursement after my local trusted tire guy corrected the issue. Point being I don't trust dealerships for tire work, and if u were having these issues I would go to a trusted tire shop for road force balancing. If that helps, I'd submit them the bill for reimbursement.
I have talked to some local tire professionals and in my case they do not think it is the tire as Acura has already put now 6 sets of road forced balanced tires on my car and one set that came off another TLX that did not have the issue. The are willing to help and will definitely go this route if I don't get a resolution. Has Acura actually paid the bill yet for your 19 inch set?
Old 10-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 616 Likes on 294 Posts
I have talked to some local tire professionals and in my case they do not think it is the tire as Acura has already put now 6 sets of road forced balanced tires on my car and one set that came off another TLX that did not have the issue. The are willing to help and will definitely go this route if I don't get a resolution. Has Acura actually paid the bill yet for your 19 inch set?
6 sets? Wow. If it's not some kind of drivetrain issue, I wonder if it could be a really out of balance rotor or something with the suspension.

My car has been vibration free since new. My 19s were purely a cosmetic, and performance upgrade (running Michelin PSS summer tires). I'll be back to stock for the winter.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Pro

I had the vibration/wobble from day 1 since new, I thought it was a tire issue but I let the dealer know about it anyhow so is that the problem would be documented. I knew I would be lowering it and putting aftermarket tires and wheels so I didn't want them blaming the aftermarket products for the wobble. I did figure the aftermarket tires and wheels would fix the problem but obviously it is a deeper issue as the problem still exists VERY bad. Almost bad enough to seem like it would cause damage to the wheel bearings and suspension after several thousand miles. This is pathetic that Acura would allow this to happen, not near enough R&D.

Sometimes when driving on the freeway it makes a loud vibrating noise that you can feel throughout the whole car and the steering wheel almost like you're driving over the slitted road on the edge of the lanes to warn you if you're falling asleep.

Last edited by SinCityTLX; 10-04-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
I had the vibration/wobble from day 1 since new, I thought it was a tire issue but I let the dealer know about it anyhow so is that the problem would be documented. I knew I would be lowering it and putting aftermarket tires and wheels so I didn't want them blaming the aftermarket products for the wobble. I did figure the aftermarket tires and wheels would fix the problem but obviously it is a deeper issue as the problem still exists VERY bad. Almost bad enough to seem like it would cause damage to the wheel bearings and suspension after several thousand miles. This is pathetic that Acura would allow this to happen, not near enough R&D.

Sometimes when driving on the freeway it makes a loud vibrating noise that you can feel throughout the whole car and the steering wheel almost like you're driving over the slitted road on the edge of the lanes to warn you if you're falling asleep.
But you are talking about a vibration in the front, this thread is about vibrations in the rear. I think your problem is a unique problem not related to these.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Pro

I hope so, but I am seeing that there is an alarming amount of all TLX owners 4 and 6 cyl. That are experiencing what is commonly being described as a "tire out of balance/bent rim" feeling. And I have that as well, I even went with aftermarket wheels and tires and still have the same feeling as with my stock tires and wheels. So I don't think I am unique as so many other despite the model they drive have this feeling in their TLX.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts
I hope so, but I am seeing that there is an alarming amount of all TLX owners 4 and 6 cyl. That are experiencing what is commonly being described as a "tire out of balance/bent rim" feeling.
I've heard of one 4 cyl TLX owner experiencing this problem - you.

I don't read every post, but with the propensity to complain about any problem, I'm sure I would have read many complaints if there were an "alarming amount".

Just saying that it doesn't appear so widespread for the 4 cylinder.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Caico, can you bring an update?
Old 10-16-2015, 05:59 PM
Cruisin'

UPDATE

Well I just got my TLX back from the dealer today. So the entire car has been checked over, every conceivable cause for the vibration has been checked, all the theories that have been posted here have been checked. Now finally on tire set number 7 "Michelin Primacy MXM4" forced matched and road forced balanced to achieve a perfectly balanced tire, there has been a significant improvement in the vibration. It has not been completely eliminated but it is as good as it is going to get. I would say most people probably would not notice now unless you pointed it out at the peak speed.
However it is now time to put on the snow tires and start this process all over again. I think the higher quality tire is compensating for the real problem which still remains a problem.
I have seen all the 2016 Acura's are now on the dealer lot but no sign of a 2016 TLX. I did a little research and found out that they won't be released until early next year. Is it possible they are trying to solve this issue???
No one will confirm or deny that my loose rattling seat was caused by constant vibration, I have not had any feed back from Acura National but the dealer is being very supportive and my case is still open and they do not consider my car repaired.
I have written a letter to Acura National expressing my concerns on the reliability of this car in the long term and the fact that the car I am paying for
has been out of service for a total of 10 weeks since July, but I haven't heard anything on that either.
If I could get rid of this car without a huge financial loss I would, but either way this will be my 10th and last Acura, because apparently customer loyalty means nothing.
The following users liked this post:
volmoon (10-17-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 12:37 AM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
I have seen all the 2016 Acura's are now on the dealer lot but no sign of a 2016 TLX. I did a little research and found out that they won't be released until early next year. Is it possible they are trying to solve this issue???
Dealers here in NJ have 2016 TLXs on the lot. I have very occasionally felt the vibration in my 2015 TLX AWD Tech, but I had to focus on it to notice it. However, when we first test drove the TLX, the non-AWD V6 had a noticeable vibration at highway speed. It sounds like this is a real problem in some cars. At least you have some dynamite tires on there compared to the stock crappers.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Tswaibel
Sorry to hear you're having the same issue. Mine to date had 4 visits, to 2 separate dealers of which all were stumped on any solutions. Acura refused to help in any fashion, its now in the hands of the court system. I can only say I'll update you when this process ends.

Tswaibel,

Just wondering if you have resolved your vibration issue and how? I have TLX v6 SH-AWD Tech with less than 800 miles and have been at my dealer twice regarding vibration So far they have only road force tire balanced but that didn't help a bit and if anything, I now feel the vibration in the steering wheel in addition to the whole care vibration/shaking. I appreciate any update in this matter.
Old 10-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Intermediate

This whole vibration matter in the V6 SH-AWD is sad. It is otherwise a great car. I'm very disappointed in Acura/Honda that the problem still remains. Nevertheless I hold out hope for a resolution through apparent testing underway by Acura according to my local service manager. Acura needs to fix this SOON or they will have really blown the reputation of its new staple car.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:13 AM
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 13 Posts
UPDATE

Well I just got my TLX back from the dealer today. So the entire car has been checked over, every conceivable cause for the vibration has been checked, all the theories that have been posted here have been checked. Now finally on tire set number 7 "Michelin Primacy MXM4" forced matched and road forced balanced to achieve a perfectly balanced tire, there has been a significant improvement in the vibration. It has not been completely eliminated but it is as good as it is going to get. I would say most people probably would not notice now unless you pointed it out at the peak speed.
However it is now time to put on the snow tires and start this process all over again. I think the higher quality tire is compensating for the real problem which still remains a problem.
No one will confirm or deny that my loose rattling seat was caused by constant vibration, I have not had any feed back from Acura National but the dealer is being very supportive and my case is still open and they do not consider my car repaired.
I have written a letter to Acura National expressing my concerns on the reliability of this car in the long term and the fact that the car I am paying for
has been out of service for a total of 10 weeks since July, but I haven't heard anything on that either.
If I could get rid of this car without a huge financial loss I would, but either way this will be my 10th and last Acura, because apparently customer loyalty means nothing.
I have had the EXACT same results as you with a new set of tires. I went with a more performance oriented tire though: Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. I asked for the same tires as you but they weren't available at that time. It all worked out though because the handling is awesome now with these new tires. I can whip through corners and really enjoy the SH-AWD. I never realized how big of a difference tires can make, but I digress...

The car used to have an extreme vibration on virtually every highway drive (70-80mph). Now it rides smooth 95% of the time and on the rare occasion that I do feel the vibrations, they are much more subdued than they were before. Overall, I'm satisfied with the "fix".
Old 10-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I feel bad for you guys. This shouldn't be happening on a brand new car. It makes me feel even worse that Acura can't fix it.

C'mon Acura... what in the world is going on with you these days!? This is the kind of stuff that Acura fans in the past made fun of GM fans for. Sigh...
Old 10-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Burning Brakes

UPDATE

I highly doubt that my dealer is going to be as accommodating and customer focused as yours to address this issue..
Do you have a lemon law in your states? If my issue is not fixed, I will definitely pursue it and look into switching brands if possible.

BTW, I compared the stats/review on tirerack.com on the TLX goodyears vs my brother's 4-cyl 2014 Accord goodyears and while they are not perfect, they are better across the board, which is unbelievable that 25k car gets a better tire then 45k car.

Last edited by mlody; 10-19-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
I have 1000 miles on my TLX and have noticed this issue since day 1. Over the weekend I inflated all 4 tires to 39 PSI for other reasons. To my amazement the vibration has decreased about 90% since then. I've deduced this "fix" to less flex in the sidewalls, which may be causing the vibration.

Not a permanent fix but give it a try.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:41 AM
10th Gear

Has anyone who has the vibration issue gone out and test driven a 2016 model? You would think with the amount of feedback and a year of r&d time that they would not still be pumping out vehicles that are in my opinion defective. I am going to try to get to my local dealer in the coming weeks and highway test it and see if the 2016 is any better. I would suggest some of you that have the same problem stop by and test drive one as well. Cheers.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mcj270
Has anyone who has the vibration issue gone out and test driven a 2016 model? You would think with the amount of feedback and a year of r&d time that they would not still be pumping out vehicles that are in my opinion defective. I am going to try to get to my local dealer in the coming weeks and highway test it and see if the 2016 is any better. I would suggest some of you that have the same problem stop by and test drive one as well. Cheers.
There are lots of 2015 TLXs in my dealer's inventory. So, I don't expect to see a 2016 anytime soon here.

EVERY (Yes, "EVERY") TLX SHake-AWD in the local inventory here is experiencing vibration. Some worse than others. Mine seems to shake worse on certain days. Unfortunately the "TLX Sh-ake" seems destined to hurt the TLX image at a time when Acura needed a staple hit while retiring the bulletproof TSX and less-reliable but able TL.

My TLX SH-ake is back in the shop for more "experimental" testing. My dealer is great. It's not on them. They are trying hard to find the problem and there is no current Acura bulletin even acknowledging the problem or even to owners at this point.

I WOULD NOT BUY ONE UNTIL ACURA FORMALLY ADMITS THAT THEY HAVE A PROBLEM AND A PROVEN SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM IN THE AFFECTED 2015 INVENTORY.

Last edited by volmoon; 10-23-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Intermediate

Yesterday my dealer ran more tests in their effort to locate the vibration.

They took out the rear drive and drove the vehicle as a front-drive only. The vibration continued. That eliminated the rear drive shaft. (I think others have already done this too.) They also ran some VCM tests and eliminated it. My dealer's master mechanic spent the entire day on my car. He was in communication with Acura through the process.

They are confident that it is a rolling problem. Thus all the attention has been on tires and wheels. (In 2004-2005 Acura TL's had a massive "bad tire" problem that dealers worked through.) Better tires and wheels help but it doesn't completely resolve the problem.

My dealer put a set of the optional 19" diamond-cut wheels on my car matched with Michellin Primacy MXM4 245/40/19 tires. It definitely reduced my car's vibration by 70-80% and improved the handling. (My car looks awesome too.) I have a great dealer.

Since they are confident that it is a rolling problem and tires & wheels only improve and don't resolve the problem, the attention has moved toward rotors, etc. and all other rolling related segments.

As frustrated as I have been, my confidence was renewed yesterday that the problem will be located and resolved in time.

Last edited by volmoon; 10-24-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:39 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Mcj270
Good Idea but no 2016's in yet at my dealer, you have to drive a few to be sure as they don't all have the problem.
My service manager said he drove all the 2015's on their lot and only found 2 with the same problem.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:53 PM
2nd Gear

Has anyone been able to get theirs fixed?

Dealer claimed its flat spots on tires and replaced all 4.

Needless to say, but issue still there.

Very noticeable around 60mph.

You can see the wheel shakes from side to side...
Old 11-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Navon01
Has anyone been able to get theirs fixed?

Dealer claimed its flat spots on tires and replaced all 4.

Needless to say, but issue still there.

Very noticeable around 60mph.

You can see the wheel shakes from side to side...
Unfortunately, there has been no fix for my car yet. Nor have I read/heard of any solution to date.

Following testing of the rear drive shaft and 3 sets of tires and wheels (18",19",17") it is clear that it is not the drive shaft or wheels and tires. However, raising tire pressure and/or adding 19" Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires mitigated the vibration to a toleration level for me until a solution comes from Acura.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:18 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cruiserchuck
Correct - no vcm on the I4. The only vibration reports I am aware of with the I4 are when the car is idling. There have been similar reports for other Hondas with the I4, including the CRV and the Accord.
Ok I have the 2016 A spec ilx premium , as u say there is no VCM!!! The car vibrates/shakes anywhere from 40 mph and up. On 1200 miles I got fed up , took it to the dealer and my complains were vibrating and in idle when the AC is on the car shakes like If I have a 1989 civic. After a week or so both front axles were replaced and engine mount adjusted. The idle shakes gone, but the car still vibrates at higher speeds above 60 mph now. So explain to me what I'm missing
Old 11-08-2015, 01:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ What is missing is a Lexus! (lol) All joking aside, it is ridiculous to see this sort of problem on the TLX! Don't they test the crap out of these cars before rolling them out into production? Tranny issues, vibration issues....I am glad I am sitting this new wave of Acura products while they get their crap together.

I drive a 2015 IS350 AWD F sport and that thing shift so smooth,not a single vibration even at high speed and no issues whatsoever....Acura, you should be able to deliver teh same.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
^^ What is missing is a Lexus! (lol) All joking aside, it is ridiculous to see this sort of problem on the TLX! Don't they test the crap out of these cars before rolling them out into production? Tranny issues, vibration issues....I am glad I am sitting this new wave of Acura products while they get their crap together.

I drive a 2015 IS350 AWD F sport and that thing shift so smooth,not a single vibration even at high speed and no issues whatsoever....Acura, you should be able to deliver teh same.

ZOMG L3xu5 is bestest evar!! no problemZZZ??!!!! Alignment problems anyone? // Bridgestone tire swap discussion... - Page 9 - Lexus IS Forum
please every manufacturer has issues with one thing or another. yes this is unacceptable from Acura but dont make it out like Lexus and your precious IS350 is perfect. and yes there are plenty more people who ZERO issues with vibration and their TLX.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ No offense taken as I love Acura and want them to be successful.

For the record though, MY precious IS350 is perfect....Zero issues thus far. That is not to say that all IS are perfect though

I am just disappointed and frustrated for all the people having issues here, I want Acura to resolve these issues so they regain their once stellar reputation.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Cruisin'

As well as still unresolved vibration issues, I just received yet another recall letter on the transmission for the V6 SH-AWD. Apparently there is a risk that the tranny can while in motion, shift itself into neutral and the only way to get it back into drive is to roll to a stop, shut it down and restart. Acura is destroying their reputation with the TLX
Old 11-13-2015, 08:41 PM
CDC
1st Gear

Hey Everyone, Wish I read this forum prior to me buying my 2015 TLX Tech AWD in Oct 2015. Everything started on the 40 mile drive home with a vibration between 70 - 80 mph. The vibration is so bad my seatbelt shakes back and fourth and the locking mechanism rattles obnoxiously. I had an appt the following Wed to have my rear spoiler installed so I called to let them know about the vibration and they said they would check the tires and balance which they did. On the drive home guess what? same vibration / same rattling seatbelt. Called the following day and they made appt for the following week. Dropped off on Wed and they called the following day stating it was a tire issue so they replaced all 4 tires with a set of new Goodyears, called me and said the car was PERFECT!!! Guess what? Same vibration same rattle. Immediately turned the car around and took the service mgr for a drive who assured me he drove the car and it was perfectly fine. So we get in the car, asked him to sit in the backseat. Once up to speed he realized EXACTLY what I was talking about. He watched the passenger seat shake, seatbelt shake and rattle and was honestly pretty shocked. Called another dealer service and Mgr and they decided to put a driveshaft in the car. Keep in mind I now have a total of 375 miles on my car from all the back and fourth and test drives at the dealer. Drive shaft goes in and guess what? This time the serv Mgr calls me and says the driveshaft didn't fix the issue and now going to change to a new set of Michelins. Ive always used Michelins on my cars for over 20 years and felt confident this would fix the issue. 4 Michelins installed, force balanced, test driven and yes you guessed it.. Vibration and rattle still there, If I could load the video of my seatbelt shaking and rattling I guarantee you all would be SHOCKED!! So 600 miles, still shaking and rattling and they are clueless on what to try next.. I have a suggestion how about take this POS back .. I'm bringing in the car this Wed and I'll keep you posted on what parts they change now on my Frankenstein TLX..
Old 11-13-2015, 11:24 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by CDC
Hey Everyone, Wish I read this forum prior to me buying my 2015 TLX Tech AWD in Oct 2015. Everything started on the 40 mile drive home with a vibration between 70 - 80 mph. The vibration is so bad my seatbelt shakes back and fourth and the locking mechanism rattles obnoxiously. I had an appt the following Wed to have my rear spoiler installed so I called to let them know about the vibration and they said they would check the tires and balance which they did. On the drive home guess what? same vibration / same rattling seatbelt. Called the following day and they made appt for the following week. Dropped off on Wed and they called the following day stating it was a tire issue so they replaced all 4 tires with a set of new Goodyears, called me and said the car was PERFECT!!! Guess what? Same vibration same rattle. Immediately turned the car around and took the service mgr for a drive who assured me he drove the car and it was perfectly fine. So we get in the car, asked him to sit in the backseat. Once up to speed he realized EXACTLY what I was talking about. He watched the passenger seat shake, seatbelt shake and rattle and was honestly pretty shocked. Called another dealer service and Mgr and they decided to put a driveshaft in the car. Keep in mind I now have a total of 375 miles on my car from all the back and fourth and test drives at the dealer. Drive shaft goes in and guess what? This time the serv Mgr calls me and says the driveshaft didn't fix the issue and now going to change to a new set of Michelins. Ive always used Michelins on my cars for over 20 years and felt confident this would fix the issue. 4 Michelins installed, force balanced, test driven and yes you guessed it.. Vibration and rattle still there, If I could load the video of my seatbelt shaking and rattling I guarantee you all would be SHOCKED!! So 600 miles, still shaking and rattling and they are clueless on what to try next.. I have a suggestion how about take this POS back .. I'm bringing in the car this Wed and I'll keep you posted on what parts they change now on my Frankenstein TLX..
I feel your pain, isn't there a 30 day return policy? You must still be within that time frame. If not I guess you are joining the growing club of TLX owners of junk cars with no resolution. I thought I was making some headway but now they just keep making false promises and say they will get back to me within 24 hours and they don't.
Definately my last Acura.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Intermediate

Update. Since the change to 19" diamond cut wheels mated with Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires with road force balancing, the vibration is almost eliminated. Handling is improved. Overall, I can be happy with my TLX SH-AWD for now and patient until a final fix is in from Acura. Kudos to the service team at my dealership for showing loyalty/support to this longstanding customer.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:59 PM
Burning Brakes

After 4th service to fix the vibration, I am suppose to meet with a regional manager to take him for a drive. I was told that my dealer wont authorize different tiers unless the big guys approve it - I highly doubt that is the case, but I will give him a benefit of the doubt.

If there is no solution, I will be looking to pursue a legal action. Pretty sad that it might come to it as I really like the car, but I will not accept a vibrating trap as my driving is 90% of the highway driving without traffic and the vibrations are apparent each and every single time i drive it. Sometimes, it feels as if the car had square tires. I am super disappointed as I overall like the car.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mlody
After 4th service to fix the vibration, I am suppose to meet with a regional manager to take him for a drive. I was told that my dealer wont authorize different tiers unless the big guys approve it - I highly doubt that is the case, but I will give him a benefit of the doubt.

If there is no solution, I will be looking to pursue a legal action. Pretty sad that it might come to it as I really like the car, but I will not accept a vibrating trap as my driving is 90% of the highway driving without traffic and the vibrations are apparent each and every single time i drive it. Sometimes, it feels as if the car had square tires. I am super disappointed as I overall like the car.
I had the same issue, I have installed HFP 19 inch wheels and michelin pilot sport AS3 tires through costco.Found out car was excessively vibrating at 70-80 mph. Went to the dealer and they found out all 4 tires were out of balance and one tire har road force on it. They corrected it and vibrations are gone (May be 99% gone). After reading this forum I found out solution to the problem is Michelin tires and 19 inch wheels. Too bad I have already done them by spending it otherwise I could have had at least good tires for free.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:48 PM
10th Gear

hi there i had 2015 TLX SH-AWD purchased last summer with very bad vibrations since new that occured between 65-75 mph at 80 mph it smoothed out. The Dealer has been great - they tried new wheels and tires (ls2) new drive shaft and new half shafts and the problem was still there -- long story short i received my new 2016 TLX SH-AWD a few weeks ago and the vibration is a lot less -- I then put the a-spec package on with 19inch wheels and Michelin as3 tires and it reduced the vibration to maby 10 percent of what it was on the 2015 i had before -- also the the 2016 shifts a lot smoother between 1and 2 and 2 and 3 -- hoping this keeps up as there is only 500 miles on the car....
Old 12-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Homerman
hi there i had 2015 TLX SH-AWD purchased last summer with very bad vibrations since new that occured between 65-75 mph at 80 mph it smoothed out. The Dealer has been great - they tried new wheels and tires (ls2) new drive shaft and new half shafts and the problem was still there -- long story short i received my new 2016 TLX SH-AWD a few weeks ago and the vibration is a lot less -- I then put the a-spec package on with 19inch wheels and Michelin as3 tires and it reduced the vibration to maby 10 percent of what it was on the 2015 i had before -- also the the 2016 shifts a lot smoother between 1and 2 and 2 and 3 -- hoping this keeps up as there is only 500 miles on the car....
I am glad that your was resolved! I am hoping my day will come too one day, just not sure when - until then, I am basically pissed each time I drive the car

BTW, How did you manage to go from 2015 to 2016 model? was it thru a lemon law, or did you perhaps take a hit and sold '15 and purchased 16 model?

Quick Reply: 2015 TLX-AWD Vibration - Escalating