Random Navi Reboot - AcuraZine Community

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine TSX Community > First Generation TSX Discussion (2004-2008) > Problems & Fixes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-2007, 1:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Post Random Navi Reboot

I really like my 04 TSX but the last 4 months my Navi just decides to reboot and most of the time it takes 30 to 60 minutes of constant driving before it acts like it is supposed to. Once it starts rebooting it will remain at the startup screen not to be confused with the warning screen, for any amount of time it decides. every time I think I figured out a consistency it is'nt. every time I take it to Acura They say it works fine. Some times for a few days in a row it works perfectly. I am really lost on this one. Please Help! Anything I can try?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
CL9_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 2:19 AM   #2
CGP Ebony

Points: 11,310, Level: 70 Points: 11,310, Level: 70 Points: 11,310, Level: 70
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Bad or loose Connection on one of the Wire Harnesses? I.E. the ACC wire?
xenonhid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 4:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

Threadstarter
I will check when I get back from deployment around the beginning of July.

Any other ideas would be great as I want as many possible solutions to try and fix this when I return Home.
CL9_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #4
Looking at the '15 TLX

Points: 17,177, Level: 83 Points: 17,177, Level: 83 Points: 17,177, Level: 83
Activity: 1.1%
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL9_86
I really like my 04 TSX but the last 4 months my Navi just decides to reboot and most of the time it takes 30 to 60 minutes of constant driving before it acts like it is supposed to. Once it starts rebooting it will remain at the startup screen not to be confused with the warning screen, for any amount of time it decides. every time I think I figured out a consistency it is'nt. every time I take it to Acura They say it works fine. Some times for a few days in a row it works perfectly. I am really lost on this one. Please Help! Anything I can try?
Check the DVD drive access door. The switch on that thing is very sensitive on my '04. Make sure it is closed tightly.

I only bumped mine one day and all of a sudden I got a random check DVD message.

My unit is becoming cranky in it's (old) age. Every once in a while it will lock at the nag screen OK button or fail to come out of dark screen mode when MAP is pressed.

A simple Windows-like reboot of the car (on-off-on) usually fixes the problem and the occurance is random.
Stevestr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 10:59 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
2003, acura, everytime, gps, nav, navi, navigation, ofter, random, randomly, reboot, rebooting, reboots, restart, restarts, tl, tsxclub