Interior Lights Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:49 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Lights Issue

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and I need you guys expertise and guidances. I do apologize in advance if I'm asking too much.

I'm new and trying to learn things on my own. So basically, I recent tried to install a GPS unit into my OEM stock stereo. After I realize I don't have the correct wire harness, I put everything back together. There's no wire tapping etc.., it's just plug and play back to the stereo, and put everything back. After doing so, my dash lights are out -- the gauge cluster, the time, the stereo.

It's weird though, I've checked all the fuse boxes (driver, passenger, and under the hood) that are related to the lightings, however, I did not see any broken fuse, I even double checked it. Well, the weird part is, when I turn the dimmer switch to turn on my headlights, that's when all the dash lights are out. If I turn my headlights off, the dashlights are on again.

So, I've been driving like this for the pass few days, it's scary at night not knowing your speed limit (not saying I can't judge the speed myself). Still though, there's no lights in the car when I drive during night time.

I would like to thank in advance for any suggestions. Please give me some guidance so I can avoid going to the dealer -- I don't like getting rip off by them yet.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:57 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh I forgot to mention my car make and model.

It's 2003 Acura 3.2TL-S