Driverside door does not lock or unlock with wireless remote

Old 09-23-2010, 04:05 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driverside door does not lock or unlock with wireless remote

I have a 2000 Acura TL. The driver side door does not lock or unlock using the wireless remote... nor while manually locking/unlocking using the lock switch on the inside of the door. I have to use the car key to lock the car. I can also use my fingers to pull up/push down the lock while in the car..... but the switch doesn't work. All the other locks work with the wireless remote. If I manually lock my door with the key in the keylock then I also can't use the remote to unlock any of the doors. It has to be done manually.

What I've tried:
  1. I replaced the battery in the wireless remote.
  2. I reprogrammed the wireless remote with the below instructions. The reprogramming seemed to have worked because all the doors now lock and unluck with the wireless remote accept for the driverside door.

WIRELESS REMOTE REPROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
2. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit behind the driver’s side of the dashboard.
3. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
5. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit behind the driver’s side of the dashboard.
6. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
8. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit behind the driver’s side of the dashboard.
9. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
11. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit behind the driver’s side of the dashboard.
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 seconds, then push the transmitter lock or unlock button again, or the code will not be stored.
13. Within 10 seconds, aim the transmitter (up to two additional ones) whose codes you want to store in the keyless receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the key.
15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.

Very frustrated with my lock,
Wyatt
Old 09-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Dude :

It's not the remote if it won't work with the switch inside the car. I have the same problem on the passenger side, only mine works sometimes and sometimes not.

You probably need a new actuator, located inside the door. There are two parts, one actuates the lock and the other one is the actual lock mechanism.

I should caution you....I could not remove the mechanism because of the window track being in the way. After I thought about it, I think you need to break the unit into two pieces to get it out.

Good luck !
Old 09-26-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 5,281 Likes on 3,620 Posts
Common problem on these. My RR door is the same way. My mom's 01 Accord has 2 that went bad too.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:30 PM
7th Gear

I have the same problem with my 99 TL-P driver door does not work but all the others do.

Has anyone replace the actuators on these door? Any write ups?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Always Working In

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
I don't think there is a write up on here but they are kinda easy esp. the fronts.

The trick is once the panels are off loosen up the window tracks to get a little extra clearance. Three philips head screws are holding the actuators in. You may need a flashlight or other light source to see into the well of the door. A long screwdriver is also your friend here too.

I give it a 2.5 out of 5 on the DIY scale. While it is not hard to see what's going on it is a small space to work in. Actuators are cheap. 30 mins to an hour maybe on the work and you'll be good to go.
The following users liked this post:
95CivicNOWa99TL (01-04-2012)
Old 07-28-2015, 11:54 AM
1st Gear

Acura TL2005 drivere door won't open with the keyless

This 2005 Acura Tl drivers side door won't lock or unlock with the keyless on the driver side but will unlock all other doors and this happened a while back when it looked like some one try to break in and the key less won't open the drivers side door but you can open with the key manually after that and I tried to reprogram the remote with the instructions given of 1 to 4 seconds and repeat four times but that didn't work so can any one tell me what else I can do??? THANKS!!!!!