Rear cup holder stuck - AcuraZine Community

Go Back   AcuraZine Community > AcuraZine TL Community > Third Generation TL (2004-2008) > Problems & Fixes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-09-2011, 9:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Points: 7,771, Level: 59 Points: 7,771, Level: 59 Points: 7,771, Level: 59
Activity: 0.3%
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Rear cup holder stuck

The cup holder in my back seat, the one that is in the pull down in the middle seat, is stuck. I think someone spilled a sticky drink in it and then closed it. Has this happened to any of you? Know of any ways to safely get it to work again? Nothing happens when I try to push on it to have it pop out.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Acurazine!
stavebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 9:29 PM   #2

Trader Rating: (0)
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1%
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
wonder if it is like my MDX. A tech bulletin apparently blames owners for spilling sticky substances in the slot and will not warranty the repairs. However, mine had no substance and the replaced it. The tech said there is a clip on the spindle that holds the armrest in. Remove the clip, slide the armrest towards the drivers side, and pull out the armrest. then you can remove the 2 screws on the bottom after pulling out the fascia bracketing the cup holder (careful not to break the fascia brackets) and use a screwdriver to hold down the upper locking tabs. The repair was warrantied so I have no direct knowledge of this actually working.
CalHal1524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 9:29 PM
AcuraZine
Acura Integra

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit

Tags
2004, acura, armrest, back, cup, cupholder, drink, fix, hilder, holder, mdx, rear, seat, stuck, tl