Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 01:02 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Problems

Hey Acurazine,

So after all the amazing responses on my other two posts, I've decided that, as a 20 year old university student, it would be financially smart to keep the TL for at least after I'm done school to buy a new car. I've decided to put a halt on my manual transmission dream as this TL is my first car and I can always learn manual two or three years down the road.
I've decided to take the advise of some of you guys to maintain my car to the utmost tip top shape and start making this my little project car (minus the supercharging, maybe I'll think about it down the road LOL).

Anyways, before I mod my car, I want to point out some of the problems I have so far in my car. I hope some of you guys can give me suggestions on what to fix up and prioritize or maybe things I can do myself.

So far my car has these problems.

1. Side passenger air bag light turns on and off randomly sometimes. LEAKS A FEW DRIPS OF WATER WHEN I GO THROUGH A CAR WASH OR IN RAIN.
Anyone tell me why this is happening?

2. My lower control arm bushings at the front wheels are torn but I haven't chosen to fix them yet because I've been being cheap.
What would the consequences be if I ignore them?

3. Rear rotors are warped and causes some wobbling and shaking when I brake.

4. Rear bumper, Me being a moron, I backed in parked and scraped the side of the rear bumper on a lamppost. And the previous owner some how causes micro cracks and chippings scattered throughout the car. This is more of an aesthetic bug for me, cause looking at my car the messed up bumper makes me feel it's not as visually appealing as it can be.
Should I replace the bumper or get it repaired? What would be cheaper.
My car is in white diamond pearl.

OF ALL THESE PROBLEMS,
Which should I prioritize to make my car in tip top shape? Other than these problems, my car drives perfect. I'm just trying to get suggestions on which to fix first because right now I want to upgrade my suspension with coil overs for the summer but I want to spend some money fixing up those little problems first.

Any suggestions would be great. Again, thanks for the amazing responses and support in this forum. Let me know!

Last edited by ericcdong; 11-28-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:20 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
3, 1, 2, 4 in order of priority.

Fix the brakes first-- for the sake of those sharing the road with you if not yourself.

When you mention leaking, is that near the windshield or the side doors?
There have been instances where a bad windshield install has caused leaks that dripped onto the MICU and fried it while causing all sorts of error lights to activate.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Y.
3, 1, 2, 4 in order of priority.

Fix the brakes first-- for the sake of those sharing the road with you if not yourself.

When you mention leaking, is that near the windshield or the side doors?
There have been instances where a bad windshield install has caused leaks that dripped onto the MICU and fried it while causing all sorts of error lights to activate.

ive found that it leaks from BOTH, the little square on the side fender that says side air bag. And from the right top corner on the windshield on my drivers side.
What should be done about this? or should any be done at all? it doesnt continously leak, only a few drips then it stops

also, why is the bushings at 3rd? are there no major consequences to them not being fixed?