omg, please help (turn signals not working, turn signal light stuck in dashboard)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
omg, please help (turn signals not working, turn signal light stuck in dashboard)

SO....about 20 min ago, as I was about to make a turn, I pop the signal and get ready to turn. As I'm turning, I realized that there was no clicking noise....then i look at the dash:

1) the turn signal is permanently lit and not blinking at all.

when i found out, i proceded to check the outside of my car, (thinking that maybe it's just the dashboard and that the outside would be fine)...well..

2) the lights on the outside do not work either

3) i then proceded to test the hazard lights...(thinking that they usually override the circuits? ...or would like to think they do for safety purposes at least) ...and i find that not even the hazard lights come on when the engine is on.

when the engine is idle
4) the lit turn signal in the dashboard dims but is clearly still lit, but and then my hazard lights start clicking inside my car, tho I forgot to check it they blink on the outside...

what's going on?!!?,
The following users liked this post:
Steve Gainey (08-19-2020)
Old 08-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you may have a burnt out bulb, or perhaps a fuse blown.
No expert, just guessing.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:36 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im going to go with a blown fuse, check the hazard warning lamp and turn signal fuse in the underohood fuse box.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:10 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would check the fuses first, there is 3 fuses for the Turn Signal/ Hazard Warning Lights.

2 - 7.5 Amp fuses (Fuse 7 & Fuse 21) Behind left kick panel
1 - 15 Amp fuse ( Fuse 16) Underhood fuse box (just behind the air filter box
Old 08-17-2007, 11:21 AM
'16 FBP Advance FWD

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JCL622
SO....about 20 min ago, as I was about to make a turn, I pop the signal and get ready to turn. As I'm turning, I realized that there was no clicking noise....then i look at the dash:

1) the turn signal is permanently lit and not blinking at all.

when the engine is idle
4) the lit turn signal in the dashboard dims but is clearly still lit, but and then my hazard lights start clicking inside my car, tho I forgot to check it they blink on the outside...
So if I understand you correctly, the dash turn signal indicators are always lit, but the front/rear signals don't do anything. If your #16 fuse under the hood is still OK, it might be your turn signal/hazard relay (located in the upper right corner of the under-dash fuse panel). If the indicators on the dash are lit, this relay is getting power from somewhere.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:20 AM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by frenchnew
I would check the fuses first, there is 3 fuses for the Turn Signal/ Hazard Warning Lights.

2 - 7.5 Amp fuses (Fuse 7 & Fuse 21) Behind left kick panel
1 - 15 Amp fuse ( Fuse 16) Underhood fuse box (just behind the air filter box

Fuse 16 is behind which air filter box? the air filter box in the engine bay? could it be a grounding wire misplaced? I installed a fujita CAI a few months ago and it require me to move some wires that were screwed into some parts of the chasis, but i assumed it was okay since i just shifted the position of the wires, and had not dont anything to the wires at all.

well, an update on all this....a few times now, the dashboard blinkers stay lit and the outside lights/signals don't work, and then after a few seconds everything works again.......it's kind of aggravating because i took it to the dealer and then they turned the lights on and they worked fine....so didnt do anything....

also, a new problem has started...i get a series of clicking sounds that sometimes stops after a few clicks and somestimes clicks for a good 2-3 minutes somewhere in the steering column.....the speed of hte clicks sounds like it is the same BPM as the turn signals! ...what in the world is going on?
Old 11-24-2015, 07:39 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the same problem. Solid blinker lights, L/R not working, not blinking. Thought it was the relay but it was not - I first started by replacing the blown fuse in the left-side kick panel (see below).

The issue resulted from the purchase of off-the-shelf replacement flasher bulbs. I figured that I would replace the front flasher bulbs when I replaced the entire headlight assemble saving time in the future.

The ones I purchased only 1 contact on the bottom. You will notice the Acura OEM bulbs have TWO. You will also find TWO filaments inside the bulb.

The off-the-self bulbs pulled too much voltage and shorted out the 7.5A fuse. The fuse is located in the left drivers side kick panel. The fuse is labeled "Turn Lights" in the right column second from the top (Number 10 on the 2003 TL (not type-s)).

To access the lamp housing, I removed the bolt to the front bumper cover (front wheel well) and one push-pin underneath. Now I could reach my arm access the lamp housing. After placing the correct bulb in the indicator socket everything works great!