Keyless Memory Settings & Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 07:53 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keyless Memory Settings & Homelink

Hello Everyone

I Just bought my Acura TL 2004 two months ago, and I have two question about configuration:

1. I need to acces to the Keyless Memory Settings, but I got the error that customizing is not available because the remote is not linked. I pressed the lock & unlock button at the same time on the remote but nothing happens, the led didn't blink. I want to know if I'm missing something or the problem is my remote (all the buttons work fine).

2. I programmed one button of the homelink to open my garage door, but when I tried to program a second button I reseted the configuration (pressing and hold the first and the third button) instead of programming the second button directly. Now the memory is clear, and I tried to program my first door again (pressing and hold the one of the homelink button and the garage remote button at the same time, just like I did the first time), and the homelink isn't learning the code now; so again, I want to know if I'm missing something.

I tried to do those things with the 4 doors closed and the switch in on. It would be great if anyone can help me in any of both cases.

José
The following users liked this post:
s2000gtx (03-16-2012)
Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
1. Press and hold the lock & unlock buttons until the LED blinks-- should be several seconds-- to link each remote fob.

2. When you pressed the first and third button to clear the system, did you do so per the manual to completely clear all the Homelink settings? Try doing a complete clear/erase before setting up the Homelink for the garage door.

The other possibility is that the garage door is a rolling code system, and the procedure stated in the manual for linking is slightly off, IIRC.
Were you able to open the garage door the first time you programmed the Homelink?

Welcome to AZ.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:56 AM
2nd Gear

Hello Will, thanks for your quick reply and your welcome.

1. I did, even for 1 minute and the led didn't blink. I have 1 remote with a flip key integrated that I bought in ebay, I guess that it couldn't link because is not original; I have the other remote that came when I bought the car, but I'm not sure if it's OEM because the letters on the back are erased. Maybe only OEM fobs can be linked, and the one that came with the car is not original, that is what I thought.

2. The manual said to press the first and third button to clear the memory when you are configuring for the first time. I did and linked one button and it works fine, I used to open my garage door for one day, and then when I tried to configure the second garage door I forgot and erased the memory again, and now I can't configure it again for none of both doors.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
1) Do you know if the remotes are "driver 1" and/or "driver 2"?
If yes, set the seat and mirror positions with the DPMS using the appropriate door button, then try to link the appropriate remote again. Linking should occur within ten seconds of holding the buttons.

If that does not work, you may need to program the remote(s) per this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/programming-remote-transmitter-keyfob-3g-garage-l-079-a-556315/.

The flip key is OEM for the '07+ TL and had to be modified to work on the '04.

2) Clear the Homelink memory completely again, then immediately start the linking process with the first door garage remote.
If that doesn't work, check out I-049 in thread https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/3g-tl-garage-faq-3g-tl-newbies-553554/.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:58 AM
Anthracite Trend Setter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bump. So I am not in this same situation. Seemed fine, then all of a sudden not.
My key fob still works. Will lock, unlock, trunk etc.
Tried holding the lock and unlock together multiple times, no change.
Tried the direction to "re-link" the keyfob about 12 times. No change.

Still says on the MID that I can't change setting as the key fob is not linked. What I need to do is program the locks to lock and unlock when shifted to drive/ park. Unlock all 4 doors at once when unlock is pressed...

Any ideas?
Old 06-30-2015, 12:24 AM
2005 TL

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm dealing with the same issues. I hold both buttons until it blinks once and still get the same message "customizing not available until linked to remote". I'm fresh out of ideas. Anybody with any input?
Old 09-21-2018, 11:17 AM
-------Tim-------

Received 609 Likes on 513 Posts
I’m getting the same message “cannot change any settings, due to remote not being linked”. Haven’t tried the holding of unlock/lock buttons, but will. I am using a switchblade key, has worked for reverything fine. I just noticed the doors not locking once put in drive, and wanted to get that feature back. I did replace the car’s battery a few months back.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 648 Likes on 349 Posts
link the remote Slrp
The following users liked this post:
Slpr04UA6 (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 02:52 PM
-------Tim-------

Received 609 Likes on 513 Posts
It worked! Finally!

Just had to link the remote. Weird, but whatever....
Old 06-05-2020, 05:08 AM
5th Gear

Same

Originally Posted by josemartinez
Hello Everyone

I Just bought my Acura TL 2004 two months ago, and I have two question about configuration:

1. I need to acces to the Keyless Memory Settings, but I got the error that customizing is not available because the remote is not linked. I pressed the lock & unlock button at the same time on the remote but nothing happens, the led didn't blink. I want to know if I'm missing something or the problem is my remote (all the buttons work fine).

2. I programmed one button of the homelink to open my garage door, but when I tried to program a second button I reseted the configuration (pressing and hold the first and the third button) instead of programming the second button directly. Now the memory is clear, and I tried to program my first door again (pressing and hold the one of the homelink button and the garage remote button at the same time, just like I did the first time), and the homelink isn't learning the code now; so again, I want to know if I'm missing something.

I tried to do those things with the 4 doors closed and the switch in on. It would be great if anyone can help me in any of both cases.

Did you ever get this resolved? Same thing happening to me

Last edited by thoiboi; 06-05-2020 at 03:02 PM.