Driveline Vibration. Possible fix now? (3G Garage# A-010)

Old 09-13-2004, 11:06 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to a Firestone store yesterday to talk with them a bit more about the vibration problem. I wondered if putting the car in neutral and turning the engine off while running at speed (60-70 mph) would take the torque converter out of the picture. They said if I did that, the transmission would be disengaged, but that the torque converter would still be turning.

They put my car back on the lift and raised it off the ground. We then cranked the car and put it in drive so that the front wheels would spin not too fast, but faster than the tire balance machine spins them. The front tires had a bit of a "bobble" to them. These are the same tires and wheels that I watched the technician balance last Wednesday. They took the back tires off the car and put them on the balance machine. The tires there had a "bobble" also. (By bobble I mean spin the tire and look at the tread on the top or bottom of the tire. I would expect the tires to spin and the tread and grooves appear continuous in a straight line.)

Then we looked at the lug-nut area of the wheel with the wheel on the balance machine. In that area, you have the 5 spokes of the wheel and the 5 lug nut holes. When they spin, I would expect the spinning wheel to appear a blur, but be symmetrical. From what we saw, the blur wasn't symmetrical. To explain, imagine you were making a ceramic plate, working the clay with your hands and no tools. After you finished and spun the plate at a decent speed, you'd notice you didn't have the plate smooth all the way around, but rather some high and low spots. That's what the area around the bold holes looked like. So I'm wondering if a tire/wheel combination that has a high spot, even through it were balanced, would still produce a vibration. Anyone else know?
Old 09-13-2004, 02:41 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ne-fl-tl
................................. So I'm wondering if a tire/wheel combination that has a high spot, even through it were balanced, would still produce a vibration. Anyone else know?
Yes, it would, that is why Hunter made the "road force" ballance machine, it detects high and low spots on the tire and rim, and allows you to match the two to minimize the effect (ie, high spot on tire matched to low spot on rim, or vice versa).

If too far off to ballance, the machine tells you. Most Firstone dealers do not have this machine (or they would find out how bad the quality is of all thier tires, and BS tires too).
Old 09-13-2004, 03:24 PM
Racer

I'm about to start digging into this issue. I have taken several long (1000 mile round trip) road trips in my TL. Based on just casual observations (i.e. without making any attempt to probe the limits of the phenomenon), I have noticed that:
  • The vibration occurs at freeway speeds (60 - 90 MPH)
  • It does not go away when the tires warm up
  • It is not constant, i.e. it comes and goes periodically. Sometimes the car is smooth as glass; at other times it shakes like a can of paint in a mixer
  • Shifting into 4th gear does not affect the vibration in any noticeable way
  • Applying the brakes at speed results in a strong pulsation of the brake pedal, similar to what you feel when your rotors are warped

As time goes by, the problem seems to be getting worse (i.e. the amplitude of the vibration seems to be getting larger).

Because this is an intermittent problem and will be difficult for the dealership techs to reliably reproduce, I have delayed taking this in to the dealer. My hope was that, since it is such a common problem, Acura would be able to diagnose it and come up with a TSB or a recall or something, but I've waited almost a year now and that hasn't happened.

I suspect this is a long shot, but I'm thinking I might instrument the car, say with an accelerometer or something similar attached to the steering wheel, to objectively document the vibration if the techs cannot easily reproduce it themselves. Anyone know of a small accelerometer or other vibration sensing device that would plug into a USB port on my laptop and let me collect some data?
Old 09-13-2004, 07:57 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

The saga continues ..................

I stopped at the dealer and someone else drove the car. They were pushing me to accept that this was a characteristic of the car. They wanted me to drive another TL. I told them NO I wanted my car fixed.

I'm now at the level of having the Acura rep look at the car.

Overall I'm very disappointed that they expect me to accept something sub standard.

If I don't get the car fixed it will be GONE............... Maybe a BMW.

My 1994 Mustang drives smoother down the freeway than me new TL and thats saying a lot! It's a rough riding car. I tell everyone the Mustang is rude and crude but I love than V8 and all the torque.

To be continued .........................
Old 09-13-2004, 10:22 PM
an Acura has-been

Originally Posted by Vanwall
The saga continues ..................

I stopped at the dealer and someone else drove the car. They were pushing me to accept that this was a characteristic of the car. They wanted me to drive another TL. I told them NO I wanted my car fixed.

I'm now at the level of having the Acura rep look at the car.

Overall I'm very disappointed that they expect me to accept something sub standard.

If I don't get the car fixed it will be GONE............... Maybe a BMW.

My 1994 Mustang drives smoother down the freeway than me new TL and thats saying a lot! It's a rough riding car. I tell everyone the Mustang is rude and crude but I love than V8 and all the torque.

To be continued .........................
Vanwall, thanks for the update, don't let them tell you it is normal, they are saying it is fixed in the 05, if it was normal, why would they remove it from the 05? They know they can push you around, push back and bring it in the number of times your state requires for lemon law to repair the vibration so you get it documented.

Also, keep records of all conversations (verbal or written) by taking notes of who you spoke with, what they said, what time and date. It is very important to have good documentation if you are going to win against Acura and have them buy back, or replace it with a 2005 that is vibration free.

Keep up the good fight!
Old 09-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
New POLL... just about this vibration...

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94301
Old 09-14-2004, 04:00 PM

Update

Well the dealer is going to pickup the car Thursday and leave me a loner. I told them to keep it for a number of days and drive more than once aound the block.

The vibration on my car is worse over 70 mph and I'm getting static from the dealer and Acura (says the dealer). that they can not test drive the car over 65 MPH (the highest local speed limit).

What really upsets me is that they want me to accept the car as it is now and all they have done is balance and rotate the tires.

I will keep the board posted on my results.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:51 PM
VTEC HoooA

Originally Posted by xboylive
also curious as stated above "A Jeremy Birkinshaw said there was a known vibration caused from a lockup torque converter problem and presently there were no known solution" ... so this vibration is only with the ATs .. if this a true statement ??? ANYBODY ?? any manuals with vibrations ??
I do not think that this is a true statement as I have a 6mt with the A-Spec package and I too notice a distinct vibration at 80mph. Sometimes it is more noticeable than others, but in all cases it is there.

This rules out Automatics!
This rules out stock suspension!
This rules out the EL42's!

Leaving us with....the driveline!
Old 09-14-2004, 06:55 PM
VTEC HoooA

Originally Posted by fuque
I suspect this is a long shot, but I'm thinking I might instrument the car, say with an accelerometer or something similar attached to the steering wheel, to objectively document the vibration if the techs cannot easily reproduce it themselves. Anyone know of a small accelerometer or other vibration sensing device that would plug into a USB port on my laptop and let me collect some data?
If this issue is in fact the driveline, wouldn't the problem exhibit itself while the car is on a dyno?? If so it would completely rule out the road surfaces as a potential cause of the issue (the local techs love to blame bad roads)?

Any of those who have dyno'd their cars, can you comment on vibration?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:07 PM
VTEC HoooA

One last note from another thread. The weight of the car has changed from 04 ot 05, indicating a potential for driveline reinforcement in the 05

I have my '04 guide and '05 guide next to each other. So far all I can find different is the following:

3) The weight of the car has changed:

04 AT NAV 3564 Lbs.
05 AT NAV 3578lbs. (14 lb increase)
04 AT 3557lbs.
05 AT 3570lbs. (13 lb increase)
04 MT NAV 3472Lbs
05 MT NAV 3486lbs. (14 lb increase)
04 MT 3465Lbs
05 MT 3472lbs. (7 lb increase)

If the car remains relatively unchanged, what accounts for the increase?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:51 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Tread
My reginal rep told me the 2005 has this fix, but there will definately be NO fix for the 04's -
This thread bums me out.

I test drove a TL today and was hoping to get one at the '04 discounts but I will NOT buy a car with this defect when the manufacturer says "stuff it". My goal was reliability, luxury and performance in one package and reliably vibrating does not count. It's amazing that they would just leave people hanging out to dry on this . . . Not cool at all. My other top contender at this point is the 330i at kick-a$$ 2004 close out pricing . . . but . . . today I had made my mind up that the TL was the better car for my needs at this point and the best overall package. Maybe I should just take my lumps and order a 2005 to my specifications . . . Then again perhaps the statement that it's fixed in 2005 is just BS?

Sigh.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by johnc_22
This thread bums me out.

I test drove a TL today and was hoping to get one at the '04 discounts but I will NOT buy a car with this defect when the manufacturer says "stuff it". My goal was reliability, luxury and performance in one package and reliably vibrating does not count. It's amazing that they would just leave people hanging out to dry on this . . . Not cool at all.
I used to own a 2001 Mustang Cobra. It (and many other 2001 Cobras) had a problem with detonation that Ford refused to fix. So I dumped it.

I rolled the dice and bought a 2003 Cobra. I figured lightning couldn't strike me twice; I was wrong. This one had a vibration problem, a ticking problem with one of the heads, and would stall out at both predictable and unpredictable times; once again, no fix. So I dumped it and Ford. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me. I will never buy another Ford product again as long as I live.

So then I bought a 2004 Acura TL, due primarily to Honda's reputation for quality and thinking that, even if there was some kind of problem, they would never leave me twisting in the wind as Ford had done.

:wtf:
Old 09-14-2004, 10:01 PM
an Acura has-been

Originally Posted by johnc_22
This thread bums me out.

I test drove a TL today and was hoping to get one at the '04 discounts but I will NOT buy a car with this defect when the manufacturer says "stuff it". My goal was reliability, luxury and performance in one package and reliably vibrating does not count. It's amazing that they would just leave people hanging out to dry on this . . . Not cool at all. My other top contender at this point is the 330i at kick-a$$ 2004 close out pricing . . . but . . . today I had made my mind up that the TL was the better car for my needs at this point and the best overall package. Maybe I should just take my lumps and order a 2005 to my specifications . . . Then again perhaps the statement that it's fixed in 2005 is just BS?

Sigh.
I hope you have read the bimmer forums (such as bimmerfest), they have thier share of problems also, inclusive of the 3 series.

Seems like none of the cars are as reliable and trouble free as in the past, too much change and too much technology that they do not understand
Old 09-14-2004, 10:03 PM
an Acura has-been

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
One last note from another thread. The weight of the car has changed from 04 ot 05, indicating a potential for driveline reinforcement in the 05

I have my '04 guide and '05 guide next to each other. So far all I can find different is the following:

3) The weight of the car has changed:

04 AT NAV 3564 Lbs.
05 AT NAV 3578lbs. (14 lb increase)
04 AT 3557lbs.
05 AT 3570lbs. (13 lb increase)
04 MT NAV 3472Lbs
05 MT NAV 3486lbs. (14 lb increase)
04 MT 3465Lbs
05 MT 3472lbs. (7 lb increase)

If the car remains relatively unchanged, what accounts for the increase?
Nodoze2004, maybe it is the extra safety equipment (drivers seat sensor, change to how the seat belt buckles, plus a new engine mount, and exhust?)?? What is strange is that one is only 7lbs, one would think that they all should be 13-14lbs (13 and 14 are the same, it all depends on how the origianal number was rounded).
Old 09-15-2004, 07:17 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by need4spd
I hope you have read the bimmer forums (such as bimmerfest), they have thier share of problems also, inclusive of the 3 series.

Seems like none of the cars are as reliable and trouble free as in the past, too much change and too much technology that they do not understand
Yes, your point is valid, no car will be flawless and 100% reliable but . . . this vibration things seems like an engineering/testing fubar that the company is doing nothing to resolve. The most pervasive problems I've seen with the E46 3-series are window regulators (just about everyone moans about those), stalling problems fixed by an ECU update that takes several days and perhaps some issues with the steptronic tranny that requires a new transmission - this problem appears to present itself immediately on new cars if it is going to occur. Believe me, I've been scouring the boards of all the cars that interest me now for the very purpose of finding the quality flaws that never get mentioned in the glossy car magazines.

Your advice is appreciated.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by need4spd

My wife's 1996 Z3 has had a chronic problem with its fuel guage, but even after 57,000 miles it's smooth as glass to 80 MPH and beyond. My TL feels like a paint mixer by comparison!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Advanced

I do not have the major vibration, but I am still annoyed at the fact its a 30K plus car.. with a defect of this type. lots are not ENJOYING THE RIDE !!!! .... and dealer tries to blame it on the tires...
Acura provides contact info:

BY PHONE
Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard time at the toll-free number (800) 382-2238

BY FAX
(310) 783-3535

what YA say if all on the forum agree to .. pick 1 DAY ......type your own letter(not to seem like spam) or call .... explaining our problem ... getting the same thing over and over is sure to bring some attention

maybe continue once a week until someone gets an answer that is acceptable ??????

ANYBODY IN or other ideas ......
Old 09-15-2004, 08:33 PM

Sigh....
Old 09-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Tread
My reginal rep told me the 2005 has this fix, but there will definately be NO fix for the 04's -
Any chance you could get that in writing? Or perhaps a recording of the telephone call?

If it's being fixed in the '05s, then it's hardly a "characteristic," now, is it?
Old 09-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Intermediate

I called Acura Client Services. They stated that it is a known problem and that they have many complaints on record. They are not authorizing the dealers to do anything at this time but change the tires, and if that is done they are only authorized to replace the tires with the OEM Bridgestone tires.

The representative I spoke with advised that they would take my information and if and when they have a fix they will let me know. According to the rep, that is the very best they can do for now.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:57 PM

Update

Well the dealer picked up my car today. I told them to keep it and drive it. I now have a Toyota in exchange for my TL. I hate to say it but the Toyota does not vibrate on acceleration and at 60-74 like my TL does.

I think I will drive one of my other cars to work tomorrow. As to the Toyota interior... can you say plain and plastic.

I will keep the board posted.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:53 AM
7th Gear

what a joke! i just picked up my 04 tl from the service dept, remember i'm on my third set of tires, (currently bridgestone lsz), they did the following:

1) roadforced tires

2) replaced motor mounts

3) replaced exhaust hangers

4) re-touqued sub-frame and suspension compenents

although i appreciate the time, energy and effort of the service manager the work done had little impact of the vibration problem. i'm going to send in the lemon law docs.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Instructor

I will be (hopefully) picking up my car today. I am sure the tire vibration is going to be there, as they have replaced the tires/rims by "take out" tires/rims. These are parts taken from the cars in exchange for the A-Spec parts. I will need one more service invoice to start filling out the Lemon papers. A class action would be great.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Pro

I too have the vibration problem. It usually appears at around 80mph and gets worst as speed increases. I have aftermarket rims and tires so I don't think it's the wheels. By the way, I also felt it with the stock rims as well. I have a 6MT.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Don't forget to vote. Thanks.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94301

Code:
View Poll Results: Do you have driveline vibration? (most of them are happening at 5AT)  

64 36.57% No driveline vibration    
36 20.57% Minor driveline vibration    
20 11.43% Minor driveline vibration (I didn't feel it at Day 1 or first hundreds of miles' driving)    
26 14.86% Serious driveline vibration    
8 4.57% Serious driveline vibration (I didn't get it at Day 1 or first hundreds of miles driving)    
4 2.29% Serious vibration (too many vibrations, cannot really figure out where they are coming from)     
12 6.86% Yes, vibration, but not sure if that weird feeling is what you called "driveline vibration"    
5 2.86% Additional option: No significant driveline vibration, but only have annoying "droning sound"     

Voters: 175. You have already voted on this poll
Old 09-25-2004, 09:18 AM
VTEC HoooA

Originally Posted by GoBig
I too have the vibration problem. It usually appears at around 80mph and gets worst as speed increases. I have aftermarket rims and tires so I don't think it's the wheels. By the way, I also felt it with the stock rims as well. I have a 6MT.
Interesting, as I too have the 6MT and 80 is the pain point on my car as well (18" A-Spec wheels and tires). Have you taken it to the dealer, if so what as the outcome as most experiencing this issue have automatic trannys!?
Old 09-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Nodoze2004
Interesting, as I too have the 6MT and 80 is the pain point on my car as well (18" A-Spec wheels and tires). Have you taken it to the dealer, if so what as the outcome as most experiencing this issue have automatic trannys!?
No I haven't because my tires and wheels are aftermarket. Because of this, I know what there answer will be. Plus I lowered the car an inch.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:08 PM
Advanced

ACURA IS SO FULL OF CRAP!!!! ACURA CLIENT SERVICES CALLS ME BACK ... (KEVIN BROWN) states "YES ACURA IS AWARE OF A HARMONIC VIBRATION IN THE VEHICLE" engineering does not have any fix for this .. . ASKED WAS IT FIXED IN THE 05 .. stated they have not had any reports on this year model ..SOO FN MAD right NOW!!!! proceeded to ask what my options are then .... rep said well ACURA does not consider this a safety FLAW in the vehicle.. stated I could take it to the dealership to have the vibration verified.. I STATED I DO NOT NEED THE DEALER TO TELL ME IT SHAKES !!! , if ACURA ALREADY NOWS THERE IS A HARMONIC VIBRATION !!!!!!! WTF .... REP had no knowledge of an ACURA action plan reuqested a call back from someone higher up .. and ended the call .. I GUESS WE ALL WILL HAVE TO KEEP GOING TO DEALER TO CREATE LEMONS......
Old 10-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Advanced

NORTH CAROLINA LEMON LAW

QUALIFICATION: 4 unsuccessful repairs within shorter of 24 months, 24,000 miles or warranty or 20 business days out of service during any 12 month period of warranty.

NOTIFICATION/TRIGGER: Written notice to manufacturer + opportunity to repair within 15 calendar days of receipt only if required in warranty or owner's manual. Law specifically applies to leased vehicles.

HMMM .. seems easy enough .. since ACURA can't fix it ..
Old 10-01-2004, 01:33 PM
Cruisin'

It is a problem. Mine started at 700 Miles and I have had three sets of tires including the latest Turanza LS-Z on my car within 1000 miles. Still has serious morning vibration and vibration between 50-75 when warmed up. The vibration is temperture related and is severe during colder temps (50 degrees).

I am going to ARBITRATION on October 8 to get my money back. Local Acura rep supposed to call over the last 6 weeks but has not. Dealer says I need a 4th set of tires but they will do nothing about it. On top of that the General Manager of the Dealer told me not to buy a 4th set of tires, but they will not service the car anymore because there is nothing they can do.

I suggest you start complaining with all the appropriate sanctioning bodies including BBB and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Tech and a GM Master Auto Tech with a Degree from Denver Automotive and Diesel College.

THIS CAR HAS A SERIOUS DESIGN PROBLEM> DON'T blame the TURANZA EL-42 TIRES. There is no Bridgestone recall or service bulletin. There is absolutely no vibration issues with the LS-Z Bridestones except on my car.

I have heard rumblings of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. I HOPE SOMEONE STARTS ONE. THE CAR IS A LEMON.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xboylive
ACURA IS SO FULL OF CRAP!!!! ACURA CLIENT SERVICES CALLS ME BACK ... (KEVIN BROWN) states "YES ACURA IS AWARE OF A HARMONIC VIBRATION IN THE VEHICLE" engineering does not have any fix for this .. . ASKED WAS IT FIXED IN THE 05 .. stated they have not had any reports on this year model ..SOO FN MAD right NOW!!!! proceeded to ask what my options are then .... rep said well ACURA does not consider this a safety FLAW in the vehicle.. stated I could take it to the dealership to have the vibration verified.. I STATED I DO NOT NEED THE DEALER TO TELL ME IT SHAKES !!! , if ACURA ALREADY NOWS THERE IS A HARMONIC VIBRATION !!!!!!! WTF .... REP had no knowledge of an ACURA action plan reuqested a call back from someone higher up .. and ended the call .. I GUESS WE ALL WILL HAVE TO KEEP GOING TO DEALER TO CREATE LEMONS......
play it cool, things like this take time to shake out (as far as getting them to do something about it).

since i'm a physics guy, i'm suspecting some sort of resonance condition at the right speed/rpm's between engine and 5AT.

my guess is, everyone short of the honda engineers are speculating and relaying inaccurate information.

simply tell the dealer to keep the car until they can fix it, if they can't after a certain period of time then it falls under lemon law, and voila, you return it.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:03 PM
7th Gear

Hi All,

I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I have an 05 tl auto trans. I've read a lot about vibration at high speeds and low rpm in 5th gear, etc. Since driving mine off the lot I've experienced vibration from 1800 to 2200 rpm, only while accelerating through that range. It kind of makes a grizzly sound at the same time. I still only have 500 miles on the car so I wanted to wait til the 'break-in' period was complete before taking it in for service. Anyone else experience anything like this?
Old 10-25-2004, 02:09 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by KTOBLESKY
Hi All,

I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I have an 05 tl auto trans. I've read a lot about vibration at high speeds and low rpm in 5th gear, etc. Since driving mine off the lot I've experienced vibration from 1800 to 2200 rpm, only while accelerating through that range. It kind of makes a grizzly sound at the same time. I still only have 500 miles on the car so I wanted to wait til the 'break-in' period was complete before taking it in for service. Anyone else experience anything like this?
Welcome to the forum

Sorry to know this. What does "grizzly" sound mean? Like droning sound?

Read this yet? https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94301
Old 10-25-2004, 06:36 AM
an Acura has-been

Originally Posted by KTOBLESKY
Hi All,

I am really sorry to hear this, sounds like the same old problem as the 04's except at 1800rpms now.

I am really amazed at Acura on this, I will have to go out and drive an 05 now and see if they fixed it like they said, or if this is a continuation from October 2003?
Old 10-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Intermediate

Out of curiosity, has anyone that has installed the Comptech exhaust noted any change in the resonance condition?
Old 10-25-2004, 09:50 AM
7th Gear

Thanks for your responses. Yes Rets, the term droning could be used to describe the noise.

Also I did see the pole you mentioned. I just haven't seen anything that discusses vibration in that rpm range only during acceleration throough the 1800-2200 range. I can cruise in that range with no vibration. It's only during accelleration.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Instructor

I noticed this drone sound when I took a '04 TL for a test drive. I also have a '04 MDX and there is a similar drone sound close to the 2000 rpm range. This was not new to me and I ended up ordering a WDP TL anyways and am picking it up on 27/10/2004.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:42 PM
10th Gear

Is it hit or miss???

I have the vibration problem (have had three sets of tires installed and it's still there) and I'm curious... lot's of people are complaining, but not everyone. Does that mean that only "some" of the TLs are plagued by this or are the other owners just not realizing they have a problem? My dealer keeps telling me that only a couple of his customers seem to have this problem and that I'm in the minority. Why are some TLs better than others?? Any ideas out there???
Old 10-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Systems Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just picked up my 05 NBP/Ebony from the dealer and had a fairly long ride home (about 45 miles) I did notice that there does appear to be a low droning sound in the 1800-2000 RPM range. It really doesn't seem that bad to tell the truth. If I hadn't read so much about driveline vibration here I may not even have noticed. Seems very much like exhaust resonance. I've had this in previous cars and don't personally consider it a problem as it didn't appear to affect performance. Those of us older folk are used to much more vibration from the old big V8's we used to drive.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

My 2004 TL Vibration Delema:

After months of phone calls to Acura and visits to my local dealership I was at wits end!!! No fix for the tranny problem and absolutely no help from Acura. I forwarded a letter to Acura from my attorney concerning the safety issues with the vibration problem.

I just recieved a call from my sales manager friday and he states Acura is going to put me in a 2005 TL.

I will let you know if and when it happens!!!!!!

OneMadTLOwner

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driveline Vibration. Possible fix now? (3G Garage# A-010)