Confused about self adjusting mirror... broken?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Confused about self adjusting mirror... broken?

Hey guys
My drivers side mirror always moves on its own and I have tryed everything to make it stay put.
Every time after I unlock the door, its fine, then I pull the hundle and It moves down, just enough so I cant see what I need to see.
Now, If I just leave it there, it stays there, but if I move it anywhere else it finds that same sop after the door is reopened.
each time after I adjust it, I press the memo button and the no.1 button. seems to save it fine
but if I unlink the transmitter, turning off the driver memory funtions, It wont move on its own and works fine
HELP!
Old 06-27-2011, 09:30 AM
ReDevil

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Bet youre using the #2 remote. I figured that out my first day lol
Old 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Advanced

It tells me "driver 1 detected" every time I get in the car...
Old 06-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Advanced

It seems like the senor that knows the position of the mirror is acting up. Does this make sense?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by s_vares
Hey guys
My drivers side mirror always moves on its own and I have tryed everything to make it stay put.
Every time after I unlock the door, its fine, then I pull the hundle and It moves down, just enough so I cant see what I need to see.
Now, If I just leave it there, it stays there, but if I move it anywhere else it finds that same sop after the door is reopened.
each time after I adjust it, I press the memo button and the no.1 button. seems to save it fine
but if I unlink the transmitter, turning off the driver memory funtions, It wont move on its own and works fine
HELP!

Interesting, my driver side mirror acts up as well... I unlock my car and it starts trying to adjust its self to "Driver 1" issue is, it was already set to "Driver 1" so it messes it up and gets stuck in an odd spot... sometimes it gets suck and just clicks like crazy and after trying for 30 seconds it just stops until I manual fix it. Doesn’t do it all the time, but it has done it enough times that I notice it. My TL is still under warranty just haven’t had a chance to take it in.

I plan on it next week so if I learn anything about it I will let you know!
Old 10-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts
I know, I know, four year bump

Has anyone found a cause and/or solution yet? Both of my memory positions are programmed the same, since I'm the only one that drives the TL, yet the side mirrors self-adjust frequently. I only use the #2 key, if that makes a difference, since the #1 key is all sorts of scratched from the previous owner, but, like I said, both memory positions are saved for me.

Get in - everything is fine.
Ten minutes later - mirrors have changed position.
Readjust back to normal.
Readjust back to normal.
Rinse and repeat.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by LeVeL
I know, I know, four year bump

Has anyone found a cause and/or solution yet? Both of my memory positions are programmed the same, since I'm the only one that drives the TL, yet the side mirrors self-adjust frequently. I only use the #2 key, if that makes a difference, since the #1 key is all sorts of scratched from the previous owner, but, like I said, both memory positions are saved for me.

Get in - everything is fine.
Readjust back to normal.
Readjust back to normal.
Rinse and repeat.
It's a common issue with our car. Search around on the forums, you can clean the mirror internals. If it still doesn't work you need to replace mirror actuator.