AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-problems-fixes-117/)
-   -   How to remove bumper (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-problems-fixes-117/how-remove-bumper-598934/)

RyanOfSoCal 06-24-2006 04:13 PM

How to remove bumper

Hey guys,

I painted my back bumper but the company I used didn't reinstall it correctly because there is a gap between the bumper and the body of the car. I want to remove it then re-install it myself. Please post steps or url on how to remove the bumper.

Thx.

Ryan

RyanOfSoCal 04-16-2007 07:12 PM

Help guys...still waiting for reply.

Thx!

fsttyms1 04-16-2007 07:29 PM

I dont recall there being a DIY on the rear ever posted? If i remember correctly. there is 1 screw in each wheel well (there is a small notch cut out of the bumper (close to where it ends and meets the body in the wheel well) and like 2 clips on the underside by the spare tire well area and like 4 or so when you pop the trunk. Then it should just pop off

RyanOfSoCal 04-17-2007 12:52 AM

How to remove rear bumper

Thanks for your help...since there hasn't been a DIY for removing the rear bumper I'll take some pics when I do it this weekend.

:thumbsup:

Ryan

CJITTY 04-17-2007 11:19 AM

You need to take it back to them and have them fix it right. Why risk messing it up..if they F*** it up, its on them..not you!

dreem1er 04-17-2007 11:49 AM

kris you forgot one thing......when you go to pull the bumper out you have remove the light for the plate its attached to the bumper.......theres two screws just over the plate and a clip on the inside of the bumper holding the wire in place.....

fsttyms1 04-17-2007 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by dreem1er
kris you forgot one thing......when you go to pull the bumper out you have remove the light for the plate its attached to the bumper.......theres two screws just over the plate and a clip on the inside of the bumper holding the wire in place.....

Ah yes, thanks. Forgot about that little tidbit.

vzuptnguyen 04-17-2007 07:27 PM

hey ryan, you going to the socal meet this 29th? i really hope to see you and your ride there man!

RyanOfSoCal 04-18-2007 02:06 AM

Just read about the meet and would love to attend but I have kids so it will be hard. I'll try...thanks for the info.

vzuptnguyen - do you know a good cheap Acura mechanic in the OC area?

RyanOfSoCal 04-18-2007 02:09 AM

CJITTY - You're right and I've done that, three times in fact. They finally got the paint right...this problem I can manage so I took the easy way out...I'm going to try it myself.

VoLLy 10-14-2007 11:26 PM

Did you get this done? DIY?

PiKap335 10-17-2007 05:46 PM

Does anyone know of a good paint/body shop I in OC area? I need to get my front bumper resprayed and my back touched up (some a-hole backed into me - again).