AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G CL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-problems-fixes-71/)
-   -   My radio/lighter fuse keeps blowin`... (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-cl-problems-fixes-71/my-radio-lighter-fuse-keeps-blowin%60-801543/)

Gigolo 12-15-2010 09:55 PM

My radio/lighter fuse keeps blowin`...

recently i bought a car charger for my phone...its sketchy cause when i plug it in either my fuse blows (15amp blue which is for the radio and car lighter) or it wont blow and work fine but as of late since its been cold here as soon as i plug it in it will blow..i bought a pack of fuses a few weeks back so i got extras but after blowin most of em (2 in a row the other day as soon as i plugged it in) i got 1 left...even bought a pack of 25 recently from ebay because of this..
is this a sign that theres a electrical issue going on or weather etc?

thanx

saiko_cl_duck 12-16-2010 08:25 AM

weather does not cause that. period.

If you're blowing fuses, why do you insist on using your charger? Seems a little off to me.

Have you tried plugging a friends charger and phone in your outlet to see if it does the same thing? Chargers are usually cheaply made and that one could be defective.

Gigolo 12-16-2010 11:43 AM

i use the charger when my phone needs sum juice mainly not for no reason..hehe
ill check again when i get these other fuses in the mail...driving without a radio to work etc sucks so dont want to waste my last 1 just yet
hopefully all this blowin up fuses stuff doesnt make another one blow elsewhere

thanx!

P0401 12-16-2010 03:48 PM

you do realize you can get fuses from just about anywhere and they will work don't you? Allot of convenience stores and even Dollar general has fuses, so no need to wait for some to come in the mail when you can run up to the corner to get some. It is probably the charger, have you tried your cigarette lighter to see if it blows with it pressed in, if it doesn't its definitely the charger, if it does then chances are you have a wire shorting out somewhere. The Cigarette lighter has no electrical parts so if it shorts out with it, then you have a problem

Gigolo 12-16-2010 09:25 PM

yeah no issues with just the lighter from what ive seen...

the 25 pack i bought was under 5 bux (ebay) so its definantly cheaper than spots ive seen in person

ill play around a lil more when they arrive...

hwdp420pl 12-24-2010 04:54 PM

yooo my car does the same thing your probelm is that you spun the charger when its plugged in and the metal ring arround it un grounds it self . see if you can tighten the ciggarte lighter hole by spinning to the right. if its tight then it shouldnt blow

Gigolo 12-28-2010 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by hwdp420pl (Post 12584971)
yooo my car does the same thing your probelm is that you spun the charger when its plugged in and the metal ring arround it un grounds it self . see if you can tighten the ciggarte lighter hole by spinning to the right. if its tight then it shouldnt blow

ok//ill keep it in mind when i start the experiment..hehe
ill post back with results etc

:)