AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-problems-fixes-128/)
-   -   2006 TSX Intermittent NAV boot-up (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-problems-fixes-128/2006-tsx-intermittent-nav-boot-up-783737/)

earbuckle 07-14-2010 11:18 PM

2006 TSX Intermittent NAV boot-up

Recently, my Nav system has stopped booting up properly when I start the car. The disclaimer screen comes up, but the [OK] button is missing. The unit then times out and no map is displayed. Seems to be temperature related, worse when it is cool, better (i.e. boots ok) when it is hot. Sometimes, if I cycle the ignition key between off and on a few times, the system will boot normally. Once it is working, all Nav features perform normally. I've carefully washed the DVD and it has no visible scratches. No improvement.

I suspect the light output of the LED in the DVD player has grown weak. Is there a DIY test to confirm this?

I've seen the Alpine repair info ($158 + shipping), which may be my next step.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Jimmy The Saint 07-15-2010 09:38 AM

its not a burned DVD is it?

speicalk79 07-16-2010 06:01 PM

Navi boot issue

I have the same issue in my 2005 tsx. Mine isnt related to weather but it boots up rarely. I get the "dont turn off ignition" message and it boots up sometimes if I have the key in the on position but the ignition is not on. I changed out the negative battery terminal based on some past posts ppl had but still not luck.

Please let me know if you find out what the problem could be.

-kumar

Originally Posted by earbuckle (Post 12175102)
Recently, my Nav system has stopped booting up properly when I start the car. The disclaimer screen comes up, but the [OK] button is missing. The unit then times out and no map is displayed. Seems to be temperature related, worse when it is cool, better (i.e. boots ok) when it is hot. Sometimes, if I cycle the ignition key between off and on a few times, the system will boot normally. Once it is working, all Nav features perform normally. I've carefully washed the DVD and it has no visible scratches. No improvement.

I suspect the light output of the LED in the DVD player has grown weak. Is there a DIY test to confirm this?

I've seen the Alpine repair info ($158 + shipping), which may be my next step.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

CJ Majesty 07-29-2010 05:32 AM

Mine turns on, I get the OK but then after a few minutes it reboots. Also when I press my A/C or AUDIO button nothing comes up. Some days its perfect others it keeps rebooting. So annoying.

Juandiablo 08-02-2010 08:29 PM

Solution to this send your DVD unit in the trunk or repair to alpine cost 158 dollars. Research it it wrks

rastaman 08-12-2010 10:55 AM

I have had this proble for a while and I found in this forum that cleaning the DVD palyer with a disk will work. I has for me and it is cheaper than sending it in to have cleaned

240sx acura tech 08-12-2010 10:51 PM

needs a navi unit.

Rocket_man 08-20-2010 04:01 AM

If cleaning doesn't work, what Juandiablo said is correct, send it to Alpine to refurbish. Cheapest route to repair.