AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Return Lease in another state? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/return-lease-another-state-610022/)

rsxbond 12-31-2006 03:47 PM

Return Lease in another state?

I have an '04 TL, and my lease is almost up. Does anyone know if I can return the leased TL in another state (not the state I got the car in)?

Thanks

meburdick 01-02-2007 11:12 AM

The details of surrendering a vehicle at the end of a lease are covered in the lease agreement. They are specific to the lending company that provided the lease financing. Read your agreement for details, or for information on how to contact them to find out the answer you're looking for.

Tripp11 01-02-2007 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by meburdick
The details of surrendering a vehicle at the end of a lease are covered in the lease agreement. They are specific to the lending company that provided the lease financing. Read your agreement for details, or for information on how to contact them to find out the answer you're looking for.

Good advice here ^^^.

I do know that I leased a Saab from one dealer and turned it into another unaffiliated dealer when my lease was up.

jupitersolo 01-02-2007 11:32 AM

You should be able to make arrangements to turn it into another dealer. You'll have to call the leasing company.

quake97 01-02-2007 11:36 AM

I don't have the contract handy, but on Acura's Ownerlink website all it talks about is "a" Acura dealership. I would be very surprised if you have to return it to the one you bought it from. It's not like the lease is through the dealer you bought it from, it's through Acura (Honda Financial Services). I'm sure if you called the number on your last statement, they can tell you for sure.

Joe

keepin_it_clean 01-02-2007 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by rsxbond
I have an '04 TL, and my lease is almost up. Does anyone know if I can return the leased TL in another state (not the state I got the car in)?

Thanks

The answer to your question is yes. With Acura as long as you have move 100 miles away from the dealer you purchased the car from then you can take it to any Acura. Just give the dealer that you are bringing it to a courtesy call and let them know that you have moved. There should be no issue :thumbsup:

jupitersolo 01-02-2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by quake97
I don't have the contract handy, but on Acura's Ownerlink website all it talks about is "a" Acura dealership. I would be very surprised if you have to return it to the one you bought it from. It's not like the lease is through the dealer you bought it from, it's through Acura (Honda Financial Services). I'm sure if you called the number on your last statement, they can tell you for sure.

Joe

When I turned in my wife's 97 Civic in 99, the dealer we bought her CRV wouldn't take it. They wanted me to turn it into the leasing dealer.