AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G RL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-90/)
-   -   I-048: RL CD Changer Issues ( Not Reading, Won't Eject CD's) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-rl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-90/i-048-rl-cd-changer-issues-not-reading-wont-eject-cds-754094/)

davisnetworks 11-29-2009 04:42 PM

I-048: RL CD Changer Issues ( Not Reading, Won't Eject CD's)

I have a 2005 Acura RL and it seems the disc changer went out on it. I started the car today and it won't play any of the discs in the player or eject them. I have tried turning the car off and back on , still no luck. Any ideas?

For the record my car is out of warranty from Acura.

Blazing GT 12-09-2009 10:04 AM

i have the same problem..

bad news....its done...

do a ipod switch...that is what im doing next

supergreen 12-09-2009 11:54 AM

Yep... happened to me a few months ago. It would eject discs but not play them. Dealer replaced it under warranty. I have no idea how much it costs to replace but it can't be cheap! Best of luck!

davisnetworks 12-27-2009 07:46 PM

MP3 Reading Issue

Fortunately for me, the problem was caused by a MP3 disc I made on the computer causing the player to lock up.

I noticed when I got in the car the next day driving it the CD player would sometimes work, then fail.
My factory pressed CD’s work just fine, and I eventually took the MP3 disc out and my problems were solved!
It is my recommendation to anyone that when they mix discs on the computer, burn them at a slower speed instead of using the default (max) setting. Burning them at 16x should make sure you have a good burn.

tnyrl 05-20-2010 02:52 PM

i have this problem now. they played fine in the morning but when i came outside, it would load the cd but then it wont play and then i eject it and then it would but when i put it back in, it wont load that cd, it would stay loading forever. im so sick of the technology problems in this car. how can i fix this? i dont want to bring it to the dealer. they probably will be charging alot.

disciplejoe21 12-18-2010 02:49 PM

I got the same problem... anybody have any solution to this??

SnoWRL 12-21-2010 01:31 PM

Had the problem few months back... took it to the dealer got it replaced under warranty

disciplejoe21 12-21-2010 03:21 PM

went to the dealer last night and they said they do not do repairs on stereos but only replacements. since i am out of warranty, they said it would cost around 3 grand to replace the radio.

another option is to have the dealer uninstall (~2 hours of labor charge) the radio and ship it (~$100) out to the manufacturer to look at it and it's not guaranteed that they can fix it either.

third option is to go buy a radio unit from a junk yard and have the dealership install it. there's a radio unit for sale on ebay right now for $700 so this isn't a cheap option either... sigh

SnoWRL 12-22-2010 03:20 PM

Or buy a refurbished radio and install yourself. It doesnt seem that hard of a job.

jeffjvalley 01-03-2011 06:38 PM

yeah my 06 rl wont eject the cd thats in it :-(

realbaddog 04-01-2011 08:17 AM

I ran into the same problem today, loading a DVDA that I had just burned. Tried several different things to eject.

I WAS ABLE TO GET MINE WORKING AGAIN.

I selected a different disk, then turned off the car, waited about 5 mins. then started the car, the changer changed the disk to the one I had selected. I ejected that one, then selected the one it was stuck on and ejected that one. That one went into the trash, then loaded a couple of different disks that I knew worked and all is well. Whew.......

TheCannonsBuddy 09-22-2011 10:38 PM

I'm having the same problem with my CD player, the CD text appears on screen but when I select a disc nothing happens. Has anyone tried disconnecting the battery?

Lwoodep 04-28-2017 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by realbaddog (Post 12831726)
I ran into the same problem today, loading a DVDA that I had just burned. Tried several different things to eject.

I WAS ABLE TO GET MINE WORKING AGAIN.

I selected a different disk, then turned off the car, waited about 5 mins. then started the car, the changer changed the disk to the one I had selected. I ejected that one, then selected the one it was stuck on and ejected that one. That one went into the trash, then loaded a couple of different disks that I knew worked and all is well. Whew.......

This worked for me as well. Gracias...

JayRL 08-03-2017 10:41 AM

CD player issue

Originally Posted by davisnetworks (Post 11528236)
I have a 2005 Acura RL and it seems the disc changer went out on it. I started the car today and it won't play any of the discs in the player or eject them. I have tried turning the car off and back on , still no luck. Any ideas?

For the record my car is out of warranty from Acura.

I have the same car with the same issues but on mine it will eject any CD but when I put a CD in to play it only blinks the disk number and the CD never starts to play then it spits the cd back out...any thoughts?

projektvertx 08-04-2017 06:35 AM

Sounds like it's not able to read the disc.

JayRL 08-14-2017 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by projektvertx (Post 16070650)
Sounds like it's not able to read the disc.

I wonder if CD player cleaner will do the trick

projektvertx 08-15-2017 11:24 AM

Cleaner is pretty cheap, I'd give it a shot.

Kash6680 09-25-2018 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by JayRL (Post 16070067)
I have the same car with the same issues but on mine it will eject any CD but when I put a CD in to play it only blinks the disk number and the CD never starts to play then it spits the cd back out...any thoughts?

My car just started with the same issue, were you able to fix or find a solution for this problem?

DCook99 03-27-2019 08:56 AM

I have disconnected the battery. The CD in the player will play but it won't change to another one. Still getting E 01 error on display. UGH!

DCook99 03-27-2019 08:58 AM

Has anyone bought a replacement from E-bay or Amazon? Did it work any better?

Rob144 10-24-2021 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by DCook99 (Post 16403951)
Has anyone bought a replacement from E-bay or Amazon? Did it work any better?

The first time the CD player died in my 2006 RL in 2013, the dealer replaced it with a remanufactured unit under the extended warranty. That one gave up the ghost in 2017, and I purchased a unit from ebay, but it had CD's jammed in it (which I didn't learn until I took the old one out and installed the new one). I then went online and found an OEM stereo store with both an ebay presence and a regular online presence.

I'm back into this thread because that CD player is showing signs of giving up, having stopped playing (it came back to life after the car sat for a while, and I ejected all the CDs except one I burned myself because I don't care if doesn't come back out).

I'll probably have to do another replacement. It's just that every replacement changer is itself getting older (and closer to its failure date). I'm finding that there are all manner of slightly different part numbers for these things -- there's some that end in A01, some end in A010, some end in A002, and some end in A21 or A31. I'm not sure the difference in all these variations or whether the connectors will mate properly.

-R-