AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   how do I remove the glove box on 05 tl? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/how-do-i-remove-glove-box-05-tl-742750/)

Pureadrenaline 09-02-2009 04:58 PM

how do I remove the glove box on 05 tl?

I need to tighten the u shaped bracket that the glove box comes to when shutting it. It sounds like the screws holding it are loose and it vibrates on bumpy roads etc.

So can someone please easily describe how to safely remove it without damaging anything. it sounds like there are clips to remove???

Please help, want to fix this rattle today.

Thanks so much an advance!
Chad

Adobeman 09-02-2009 05:08 PM

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...move+glove+box
This thread is how to replace the cabin air filter but to do that you first need to remove the glove box. Pictures are in the thread

Pureadrenaline 09-02-2009 11:43 PM

dude you ROCK! Thanks for this find. I'll report back when the rattle is gone!

Pureadrenaline 09-03-2009 12:05 AM

Ok, I'm choked. My tl doesn't have the tabs on the inside of the box to use the flat head screwdriver to pop off. It's different? What year of tl is that in the pics?
What am I missing???

Adobeman 09-03-2009 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pureadrenaline (Post 11275108)
Ok, I'm choked. My tl doesn't have the tabs on the inside of the box to use the flat head screwdriver to pop off. It's different? What year of tl is that in the pics?
What am I missing???

Yeah, those picks are an 04. I just looked in my 05. No tabs, just squeeze in the same area of the glove box and you will see the tabs you need to clear. After that it's pretty much the same as I recall from when I did my cabin filter.

mrsimeon 06-03-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pureadrenaline (Post 11273799)
I need to tighten the u shaped bracket that the glove box comes to when shutting it. It sounds like the screws holding it are loose and it vibrates on bumpy roads etc.

So can someone please easily describe how to safely remove it without damaging anything. it sounds like there are clips to remove???

Please help, want to fix this rattle today.

Thanks so much an advance!
Chad

HEY did you ever Fix the RAttle in the Glove box...Mine is rattling and looks like it is coming from the right side of the glove box. IF i press the door shut hard enough the rattle stops.....????

anyone else have this problem?

csmeance 06-03-2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by mrsimeon (Post 12066872)
HEY did you ever Fix the RAttle in the Glove box...Mine is rattling and looks like it is coming from the right side of the glove box. IF i press the door shut hard enough the rattle stops.....????

anyone else have this problem?

Yes, the clips can come out or become loose, take out the glove box and then the trim piece behind it (the one that comes out to change the air-filter). Check to make sure all the clips are there, and if they are carefully put the piece back (make sure the tab on the side goes in properly) and hit it to make sure it's in place. Put the glove box back and and see if it rattles!

imj0257 06-04-2010 07:34 AM

Yea what they ^ posted above. I was weary doing it my first time to replace my cabin filter but it is easy as pie.

Musky300 06-04-2010 01:45 PM

Just go slowly when you take the back of the glovebox (trim piece) out...making sure how the tabs/clips come out. And be sure to take your time putting them back in slowly to make sure they are all in.

Going out...start from right and work your way left.
Going in...start from left and work your way right.

Be sure to use some strong force to get them to pop back in, but go slow and if it doesn't feel right, don't overly force it.

I was too anxious the first time I did this, pulled it all out...broke a clip, and then had a bear of time figuring out how it snapped back in. Not hard, but just took some time.

cowboys9193 06-04-2010 03:28 PM

This is unrelated but do any of you know how to replace the vanity mirror lights? I would appreciate the help