AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/)
-   -   Where do I find the serial number for the navigation? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/where-do-i-find-serial-number-navigation-713913/)

CarrieLynn 03-07-2009 06:27 PM

Where do I find the serial number for the navigation?

Hi All, my battery was disconnected and I forgot I do not have my radio or navi codes. I went on the acura site and got the radio code no prob with the serial # but I cannot find the serial # for the navi and I need that to get the code.
The acura site said the code is located on the unit in the trunk where the navi disc is located, but I didn't see it there. I searched here too and found a few posts that said the codes were located in the glove box, no luck there either.
And before anyone asks I bought the car used so no I do not have cards with the codes and they are not in my owners manual anywhere.
Anyone have any idea where I can find the serial # to my navi? I will go to the dealership Mon if I have to but I really hate the dealership!
THANKS!

Trew 03-07-2009 10:07 PM

try removing the 4 screws holding the dvd drive and check under it. i remember someone saying you can find it there.

e30cabrio 03-07-2009 10:17 PM

On my second gen Cl there is a sticker on the side of the glove compartment that can be seen when it's open from the driver's side with the radio & nav codes.

CarrieLynn 03-08-2009 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Trew (Post 10612602)
try removing the 4 screws holding the dvd drive and check under it. i remember someone saying you can find it there.

Found it! I pulled back my trunk liner, took those four screws out and there it was, right on the bottom of the navi unit. I guess I just expected it to be more visable but I guess that would be too easy.

Thanks for the help Trew, much appreciated!!!

Trew 03-08-2009 12:35 PM

You're always welcome, CarrieLynn. I'm glad it worked out!

obmkm2 07-21-2011 08:17 PM

What if you`ve gone over the 20 attempts to enter the code? Does the dealer have to unlock it again?

Help.

Thanks

con5tant 07-21-2011 09:03 PM

did you steal one or something?

csmeance 07-21-2011 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by obmkm2 (Post 13108474)
What if you`ve gone over the 20 attempts to enter the code? Does the dealer have to unlock it again?

Help.

Thanks

I don't think there is really a limit; disconnect the power to the unit and try again!

mauricio90 09-29-2014 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn (Post 10613488)
Found it! I pulled back my trunk liner, took those four screws out and there it was, right on the bottom of the navi unit. I guess I just expected it to be more visable but I guess that would be too easy.

Thanks for the help Trew, much appreciated!!!

I cant find it do I remove where the dvd is ??