AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   4G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-294/)
-   -   2009 TL Owner's and Navigation Manuals (https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-294/2009-tl-owners-navigation-manuals-688196/)

markjrenna 09-21-2008 08:40 AM

2009 TL Owner's and Navigation Manuals

2009 TL Owner's Manual
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/.../BEQ0909OM.pdf

2009 TL Navigation Manual
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...2/BOM39265.pdf

Rocketsfan 09-21-2008 10:55 AM

Nice. Thanks.

carlos9827 09-21-2008 03:28 PM

Cool.......!

CTAuto 09-22-2008 03:54 AM

Very cool, definitely will have a look, thanks

Legend2TL 09-22-2008 08:25 AM

Instant fuel economy on MID finally!

carguyrob 09-22-2008 11:14 AM

Seems to be a number of new things in the MID controls. You can adjust the sensitivity of the Auto off headlights. You can adjust how long the headlight stay on after you close the driver's door.

Other new things I noticed (other than the obvious features we all know about): Power gas tank release, sunglasses holder in overhead console, Bluetooth Audio streaming from cell phones (pp 273-6 for cars without Navi system and pp 368-72 for cars with Navi system), Hard Disk Drive (HDD) audio (models with Navi only), Bluetooth phone set up and maintenance done on Navi screen now (rather than just voice commands), etc.

I am sure this are more features, but this is what I found while scanning the document. :)

timmahh 09-22-2008 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by carguyrob (Post 10016325)
Seems to be a number of new things in the MID controls. You can adjust the sensitivity of the Auto off headlights. You can adjust how long the headlight stay on after you close the driver's door.

Other new things I noticed (other than the obvious features we all know about): Power gas tank release, sunglasses holder in overhead console, Bluetooth Audio streaming from cell phones (pp 273-6 for cars without Navi system and pp 368-72 for cars with Navi system), Hard Disk Drive (HDD) audio (models with Navi only), Bluetooth phone set up and maintenance done on Navi screen now (rather than just voice commands), etc.

I am sure this are more features, but this is what I found while scanning the document. :)

Yeah! Lots of MID goodies.. alarm volume, keyless guidance, interior light brightness, etc.

Canadian SH-AWD models get headlight washers!

LaCostaRacer 09-22-2008 11:48 PM

In a quick read of the Owners Manual, I noticed the following:

-RDS AM/FM radio capability
-the MID while expanded in capabilities may require a number of button clicks to get the trip computer AVG MPG, AVG SPEED data because it does not appear to be listed in one screen.
-appears to be cupholders in the front doors in addition to the usual front console spot. The cupholders in the back armrest don't look as good as the 3G's
-there's a 12v access port on the console near the cupholder in addition to inside the console. The location of this 12v access port will make owners want to hardwire there detectors because the cord will start near the shifter and be in the way
-there's an additional switch in the glove box for disabling the keyless access features of the car in addition to the button for disabling the trunk button.
-I'm not sure about the keyless system and what it buys me- looks like you need to press the start button twice for turning on/off engine- presumably this is to reduce chances of accidental shutdown. Looks like you can no longer start car from outside of car (useful after changing oil and checking for leaks w/o getting in car)
-power mirror switches moved back to door handle near memory buttons
-active head restraints for front seats - don't remember that feature in my 06
-there's a trunk release switch now as a 3rd way to open trunk
-gas/trunk buttons are now consolidated on drivers door

timmahh 09-23-2008 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by LaCostaRacer (Post 10018998)
-I'm not sure about the keyless system and what it buys me- looks like you need to press the start button twice for turning on/off engine- presumably this is to reduce chances of accidental shutdown. Looks like you can no longer start car from outside of car (useful after changing oil and checking for leaks w/o getting in car)
-there's a trunk release switch now as a 3rd way to open trunk

"Without touching the accelerator
pedal, push and release the engine
start/stop button. You do not need
to hold the engine start/stop
button to start the engine.
Depending on the outside
temperature, the starter motor
runs for about 6 to 9 seconds until
the engine starts."

"To turn the vehicle off when the
vehicle is completely stopped, shift
to Park (P), then press the engine
start/stop button. The engine stops
and the power mode switches from
ON to VEHICLE OFF (LOCK)."

Those are both single button clicks if i'm reading stuff correctly... can you currently start your TL while outside of it... ?

Trunk opening - may not be avail on all models
- Use button on driver door
- Use button on key fob
- Insert key into trunk [standard ignition system]
- Press button on trunk to open [keyless access system]
- Use lever behind trunk pass-through in rear seats

LaCostaRacer 09-23-2008 10:22 AM

^ From reading the manual, it appears that you must keep your foot on the brake peddle before the starter engages-otherwise the car goes into accessory or II mode. I'm use to having the drivers window down and reaching through the window to start the car- my car is an auto so this works well for not having to sit in the car and risk getting oil/grime on the seats when I'm changing the oil. It's no big deal but noted it nevertheless.

Mr. Incredible 04-29-2009 06:43 PM

anyone have the service manual or the parts guide for the 2009 TL?