AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Audio, Video, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/)
-   -   Help! 98 Acura cl 3.0 bose radio not working!! (https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/help-98-acura-cl-3-0-bose-radio-not-working-364638/)

ktnmark182 04-30-2007 09:21 PM

Help! 98 Acura cl 3.0 bose radio not working!!

I have a 98 Acura cl 3.0 and the bose radio does not work. I get nothing...no power at all...the only thing i get is the anti-theft light blinking...Anyone know why this could be?? I tried a different radio and it worked except no sound so i put the original back in and i just dont know what to do!! plz help!!!! :whyme:

uncald4 05-01-2007 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by ktnmark182
I have a 98 Acura cl 3.0 and the bose radio does not work. I get nothing...no power at all...the only thing i get is the anti-theft light blinking...Anyone know why this could be?? I tried a different radio and it worked except no sound so i put the original back in and i just dont know what to do!! plz help!!!! :whyme:

You're not going to get much advice on this one. I think that you answered your own questions. Sounds like your BOSE amp is toast. And... your original deck is toast.

97BlackAckCL 05-01-2007 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ktnmark182

Sounds like the head unit is bad, your other head unit got power and everything? It's either a fuse (if the other radio didn't get power) or the stock head unit is dead. An aftermarket head unit won't work with your stock bose amp unless you by an adapter, most people bypass the amp completely.

ktnmark182 05-01-2007 04:13 PM

I got it to work today and it worked fine-sounded great but once i turned the car off that was the last of that and i'm back to square one

97BlackAckCL 05-01-2007 05:16 PM

How did you "get it to work?"

ktnmark182 05-01-2007 05:38 PM

it was a freak thing, i was driving and i looked at my radio and decided to try and power it on knowing it wouldnt work but i thought i'd give it a shot and it actually went on-it said CODE so i entered the code and it worked-i popped in a cd and it played fine but once i shut the car off that was the end of it...i dont get it

97BlackAckCL 05-02-2007 09:30 AM

Sounds like a loose wire in the wiring harness, also try replacing your radio fuses

ktnmark182 05-02-2007 11:36 AM

yea thats what i was thinking-loose wire or a short in there. checked the fuse and its fine. kept doing it yesterday (going on after a bit then when i shut the car off thats it) so somethings up..thnx for all your help tho!