AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   1G TSX (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/)
-   -   TL shift knob on a TSX?? (https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-2004-2008-124/tl-shift-knob-tsx-664412/)

viffer 02-16-2006 08:39 AM

TL shift knob on a TSX??

Does anyone know if the shift knob from the 04+ TL 6MT will fit an 06 TSX 6MT?

I just picked up my Carbon Grey TSX last night (traded the 04 TL) and I miss the shift knob (and the power - but not the torque steer). The TSX is way more fun!

Beoshingus 02-16-2006 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by viffer
Does anyone know if the shift knob from the 04+ TL 6MT will fit an 06 TSX 6MT?

I just picked up my Carbon Grey TSX last night (traded the 04 TL) and I miss the shift knob (and the power - but not the torque steer). The TSX is way more fun!

Not sure about MT, but I know that AT does not. I bought a burlwood TL shiftknob and it is threaded too big for the post on the TSX. It just wobbled around.

I resolved the problem by wrapping the threads on the post fairly thickly with Teflon tape and then screwing the TL shiftknob on top of it. Works like a charm!

gt0279a 02-16-2006 02:13 PM

They fit, all current Honda / Acura MT have the same thread size.

Beoshingus 02-16-2006 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by gt0279a
They fit, all current Honda / Acura MT have the same thread size.

You sure? I thought the AT would as well.

Reach 02-16-2006 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
Not sure about MT, but I know that AT does not. I bought a burlwood TL shiftknob and it is threaded too big for the post on the TSX. It just wobbled around.

I resolved the problem by wrapping the threads on the post fairly thickly with Teflon tape and then screwing the TL shiftknob on top of it. Works like a charm!

Great resolution... nothing like a little plummers technique to make it work.

Today I'm driving a loaner 2006 TL 5AT with Ebony interior while I'm having something looked at on my TSX. This TL features a solid black leather shifter which looks and feels superior to the perforated pleather TSX shifter, which is strangely poorly sewn. All I feel when I grab my car's shifter is the threads and bumps where it is stiched together. One of very few places I have a problem with the interior.

I've never seen this knob before and I can't find it on eBay. I'm going to have to investigate this more because now I really want one for my TSX!

Beoshingus 02-16-2006 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Reach
Great resolution... nothing like a little plummers technique to make it work.

Today I'm driving a loaner 2006 TL 5AT with Ebony interior while I'm having something looked at on my TSX. This TL features a solid black leather shifter which looks and feels superior to the perforated pleather TSX shifter, which is strangely poorly sewn. All I feel when I grab my car's shifter is the threads and bumps where it is stiched together. One of very few places I have a problem with the interior.

I've never seen this knob before and I can't find it on eBay. I'm going to have to investigate this more because now I really want one for my TSX!

All you do is go to the parts department and say "I want one of those."