AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-problems-fixes-117/)
-   -   Low Windshield Washer Fluid Warning Light Won't Turn Off (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-problems-fixes-117/low-windshield-washer-fluid-warning-light-wont-turn-off-774523/)

belljam 05-01-2010 04:45 PM

Low Windshield Washer Fluid Warning Light Won't Turn Off

Well just like the title says, that little yellow warning light on the dashboard won't shut off (even after I've topped up the windshield washer fluid).

Is there a DIY fix for this (aside from ignoring the light!) :wish: or am I going to have to pay someone $75 at a dealership to spend 2 minutes and do it for me? :annoyed:

Thanks folks.

James

assclown 05-01-2010 05:06 PM

we have one of those???

hANDYcaptd 05-01-2010 05:12 PM

I have never seen this warning light.

I think you're mistaking the light for something else. What does the warning light look like?

spiro 05-01-2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by belljam (Post 11977986)
Well just like the title says, that little yellow warning light on the dashboard won't shut off (even after I've topped up the windshield washer fluid).

Is there a DIY fix for this (aside from ignoring the light!) :wish: or am I going to have to pay someone $75 at a dealership to spend 2 minutes and do it for me? :annoyed:

Thanks folks.

James

Is this a canadian car?
My 04 civic did that.
Get to the windshield washer reservoir, disconnect one of the plugs, dont remember which one is it . Just play around with the plugs. It is going to be an amercan ACURA with, a day time running lights, after you are done.
American cars did not come with it(fill level sensor). At least my acura which is american dont have it.

It is a $75 part+an hour labour=$200 ish at the dealer.

MOBB 05-01-2010 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by hANDYcaptd (Post 11978039)
I have never seen this warning light.

I think you're mistaking the light for something else. What does the warning light look like?

ALL 99-03 CANADIAN Models have this feature. If you are running low on windshield washer fluid the warning light comes on. Pretty cool feature.

hANDYcaptd 05-01-2010 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by MOBB (Post 11978175)
ALL 99-03 CANADIAN Models have this feature. If you are running low on windshield washer fluid the warning light comes on. Pretty cool feature.

So let me get this straight... Canadian models get the Aspec package, DRL, AND a washer fluid warning light?...I never knew that last one.

What don't the :canada: models get?? :tomato:

belljam 05-01-2010 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by assclown (Post 11978029)
we have one of those???

Yup (well you do if you got the Cdn. model! :))

Originally Posted by hANDYcaptd (Post 11978039)

No mistake. Here it is:

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...m/DSC_5587.jpg[/IMG]

Originally Posted by spiro (Post 11978087)
Is this a canadian car?
My 04 civic did that.
Get to the windshield washer reservoir, disconnect one of the plugs, dont remember which one is it . Just play around with the plugs. It is going to be an amercan ACURA with, a day time running lights, after you are done.
American cars did not come with it(fill level sensor). At least my acura which is american dont have it.

It is a $75 part+an hour labour=$200 ish at the dealer.

Yes, I have a 2000 3.2 TL (Canada).

I hope if I play around with the plugs as you suggest that things will work out - otherwise I sure as he!! am not going to pay $200 to fix it (electrical tape cut out at the right size should do the trick! :whyme:)

Originally Posted by MOBB (Post 11978175)

Yes it is a cool feature - when it's working! :)

Originally Posted by hANDYcaptd (Post 11978202)
So let me get this straight... Canadian models get the Aspec package, DRL, AND a washer fluid warning light?...I never knew that last one.

Well they used to come with Roy Halladay but he has been removed from the Canadian "Blue Jay" option package - and it's now an American "Phillie" special. (I'm a long suffering Blue Jays fan to boot!)

Thanks everyone for your help! Much appreciated.

fsttyms1 05-01-2010 08:10 PM

Yes, its a Canadian only feature. Apparently honda thinks they need to know its lown more than the americans.

As for the problem its most likely just the sensor. Remove the clips that hold the fender liner on by the bumper and you should be able t gain access to the washer fluid tank. If not the bumper will have to come off. It is a VERY easy jon and takes all of 5-10 min to remove. There is a DIY on how to remove it. Just pick up the new sensor and swap it in.

MOBB 05-03-2010 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by hANDYcaptd (Post 11978202)

NAVI :tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::t omato:

friesm2000 05-09-2010 02:41 PM

as said more then likely the sensor itself, since it is a moving part (i think), so most likely the cause of it

Originally Posted by fsttyms1 (Post 11978361)
Yes, its a Canadian only feature. Apparently honda thinks they need to know its lown more than the americans.

As for the problem its most likely just the sensor. Remove the clips that hold the fender liner on by the bumper and you should be able t gain access to the washer fluid tank. If not the bumper will have to come off. It is a VERY easy jon and takes all of 5-10 min to remove. There is a DIY on how to remove it. Just pick up the new sensor and swap it in.

you will lose washer fluid though, when swapping sensors

also as far as canada getting it....., it is kinda like DRL's. mandated by the government, so they have to deal with those shitty winters, and use the washer fluid alot more often (personally i would love to have it, buit it would never come on for me though lol, cause i am not a heavy user of washer fluid, it lasts a whole oil change for me :shrug: )
then also if you look at the capactity of the reservoir (iirc it is in the owner's manual even), they got a bigger one then the US cars, so they can go longer without refills

Originally Posted by MOBB (Post 11984468)
NAVI :tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::tomato::t omato:

lol, but most of us here don't have it though :sad:

michael1981 12-16-2014 12:12 PM

I have an '03 3.2 CL Type S. I've owned it since '07. I've let my washer fluid run low to the point the sensor came on twice. Once in '07 and again the other day. Both times the sensor stayed on after filling up the reservoir. Last time the dealer fixed it. This time I will have to fix it myself, hope I can figure it out. Pretty annoying.

3.2TLc 12-16-2014 03:50 PM

Windshield washer low fluid sensor......

Originally Posted by fsttyms1 (Post 11978361)
Yes, its a Canadian only feature.
Apparently honda thinks they need to know its lown more than the americans.

Welcome Michael1981 !!!
Check the reservoir's sensor and connections as Fsttyms1 previously recommended or just disable it to be like all of the stateside TL's. :2cents: Don't forget that the site has a "CL" forum to help ya out.

01tl4tl 12-16-2014 04:09 PM

semi related question for anyone with washer sprayer experience:

My 01 USA car broke the hose connection to sprayer on hood
Its covered by the hoods interior panel, so far I retrieved a small--very small spring from the sprayer side, the hose part is lost behind the cover

Is it best to just cut the cover back an inch at the site and pop in a new sprayer?

3.2 or Mr Handy Diagram got a part number for me?- in LGM as color please lol
THANKS !!

3.2TLc 12-16-2014 04:29 PM

Hey, just go to the local salvage yard and find another Acura or Honda product of the same years as your TL. That stuff is all common and ya can even fit it in your pocket at the yard.

fsttyms1 12-16-2014 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl (Post 15271481)
semi related question for anyone with washer sprayer experience:

My 01 USA car broke the hose connection to sprayer on hood
Its covered by the hoods interior panel, so far I retrieved a small--very small spring from the sprayer side, the hose part is lost behind the cover

Is it best to just cut the cover back an inch at the site and pop in a new sprayer?

3.2 or Mr Handy Diagram got a part number for me?- in LGM as color please lol
THANKS !!

Just pop the clips that hold the cover on.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...a37b8878a6.png

01tl4tl 12-17-2014 10:15 AM

you're taking all the fun out of owning a dremel