AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL (2004-2008) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/)
-   -   Front bumper ruined !!!!! how much will it cost me? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/front-bumper-ruined-how-much-will-cost-me-565590/)

leo221 12-15-2004 11:29 PM

Front bumper ruined !!!!! how much will it cost me?

my mom backed up to the drive way and hit my parked car. does this looks like i need to change the whole front bumper or just a repaint? and how much will it cost? i am so pissed. now hundreds if not thousands will be gone. damn!!!! :hang:

http://webpages.charter.net/leobecool/DSC_1342.JPG

http://webpages.charter.net/leobecool/DSC_1343.JPG

04AcuraTL 12-15-2004 11:33 PM

hey dont worry bout it..i broky my bumper about 3 weeks ago..the bumpers cost little over 300 n paintin depending on the shops around you..but i paid 329 i cant imagen u being anymore than that

leo221 12-15-2004 11:36 PM

may i ask you did you do it at a acura dealer or regular body shop, thanks

leo221 12-15-2004 11:40 PM

and also, there's no fracture on the bumper, but those black spots are pushed out a bit. do i need replace it or it's fixable?

04AcuraTL 12-15-2004 11:40 PM

well heres the thing...i destroyed my bumper all my grille peices n a lil hood damage...i ordered everything out of acura except the hood(can be fixed)..the bumper was 329 with out grill inserts which u dont need..niether did i..then i had a guy paint it for me..i paid 1100 for everything..parts and labor...where are you located?

BTW watch out for shitty shops..SSM is hard to match

leo221 12-15-2004 11:44 PM

i will go to a acura dealer to fix this. it only has 6k miles.

Originally Posted by 04AcuraTL
well heres the thing...i destroyed my bumper all my grille peices n a lil hood damage...i ordered everything out of acura except the hood(can be fixed)..the bumper was 329 with out grill inserts which u dont need..niether did i..then i had a guy paint it for me..i paid 1100 for everything..parts and labor...where are you located?

BTW watch out for shitty shops..SSM is hard to match

tl-s4now 12-16-2004 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by leo221
i will go to a acura dealer to fix this. it only has 6k miles.

Don't bring it to an Acura dealer to fix. The service departments do not do paint/body-work. They have some slacky drive like an ass to a body-shop that gives them a good price and tack a premium on the bill for taking it there. Cut out the middle-man. Just ask around for someone that has had a good experience with a body-shop in your area and take it there yourself. And if you have a problem with the repair you know who to go see instead of going back to the dealer and repeating the whole process. :2cents:

subinf 12-16-2004 03:00 AM

you can track down a painted bumper for somewhere in the 300 dollar range...install it yourself obviously. thats what bumpers are made for...i enjoy the plastic rather than the metal that is on my 67 mustang. my bumper gets hit with lots of shit on the freeway, its taking quite a beating, but its plastic and a cheap fix.

xlilbluux 12-16-2004 10:45 AM

cool the headlight thing says "honda" :)

TX 2002 TL-S 12-16-2004 10:54 AM

I took mine to a body shop the Acura dealership recommended. It cost me $550.00. That price included new bumper, paint, and labor. They also fixed some minor scratches on the car.

havokgroup 12-16-2004 11:00 AM

I don't think you need a new bumper. A good shop should be able to fix and match the bumper to the rest of the car. Just my opinion.

ManOfTheHour 12-16-2004 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by subinf
you can track down a painted bumper for somewhere in the 300 dollar range...install it yourself obviously. thats what bumpers are made for...i enjoy the plastic rather than the metal that is on my 67 mustang. my bumper gets hit with lots of shit on the freeway, its taking quite a beating, but its plastic and a cheap fix.

Any idea where? Ebay or something like that?

subinf 12-16-2004 12:28 PM

When my bumper had a crack in it i found a new TL bumper on ebay...I havent seen many body parts on ebay though. i work at a shop and get discounts from the dealer...so i got mine like that....i would take it to a body shop first b/c a lot of the time they can fix that kind of damage....unless you want to just put a new bumper on there.

terse 12-16-2004 01:21 PM

you should sock your mom

Donte99TL 12-16-2004 01:25 PM

I would wait till that new Ron Jon bumper comes out and just get that one.

1995hoo 12-16-2004 01:45 PM

I paid about $600 last week for a new bumper cover, paint, and labor. There is a sticker on the driver's door jamb that has the color code--the body shop should use that code to match the color for the bumper. As has been noted before, this is not something to go to the dealer about, because the bumpers do not come painted and the dealer would have to work with a third-party body shop unless the dealer has a paint shop on site (which is very unusual). Then if you have a problem, you have to go through the dealer again as middleman. Not worth the trouble.

leo221 12-16-2004 01:50 PM

thank you for all the useful tips, people

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
I paid about $600 last week for a new bumper cover, paint, and labor. There is a sticker on the driver's door jamb that has the color code--the body shop should use that code to match the color for the bumper. As has been noted before, this is not something to go to the dealer about, because the bumpers do not come painted and the dealer would have to work with a third-party body shop unless the dealer has a paint shop on site (which is very unusual). Then if you have a problem, you have to go through the dealer again as middleman. Not worth the trouble.

xkactetx 12-16-2004 02:07 PM

Get a grip apolize to your moms if you screamed at her and get you self some bumper tape, your bumper will get scratched again. No reason to keep repairing the thing every two to three months.

Acuraluvr 12-16-2004 05:23 PM

WOW that is a scratch!!! lol jkjk srry but its better than some dents and crashes here!!!