AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-problems-fixes-70/)
-   -   Seat belt won't retract (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-problems-fixes-70/seat-belt-wont-retract-779358/)

Nersh7 06-09-2010 11:42 AM

Seat belt won't retract

Passenger seat belt doesn't like to go back when my passengers un buckle. I know in the states the dealership will fix this free, my dealership told me fuck that. Any idea how easy or hard this would be to fix?

acurapartssource 06-09-2010 11:50 AM

I can tell you that in the US seat belts have a lifetime warranty. I would assume it's the same worldwide. The Canadian customer relations number is 1-888-939-0909. They can tell you whether you are covered and if so, tell them the dealer would not assist you.The only time a seat belt is not covered (in the US) is when it is defective because of user error. i.e. your child stuck a penny in it, your dog chewed through it, etc.

hermtm2 06-09-2010 12:06 PM

The both seat belts don't retract at all. Can I get the free fix from a dealer near IL?

Thanks.

Add-dee 06-09-2010 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by acurapartssource (Post 12081048)
The only time a seat belt is not covered (in the US) is when it is defective because of user error. i.e. your child stuck a penny in it, your dog chewed through it, etc.

I would like to add one more:

auto accident, dealer or manufacture is not responsible for replacing this at no charge i.e. insurance would be. the only time this is not true for a dealer is if you took you auto to them through an insurance claim and they overlooked this problem or just neglected it altogether.

Nersh7 06-09-2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by acurapartssource (Post 12081048)
I can tell you that in the US seat belts have a lifetime warranty. I would assume it's the same worldwide. The Canadian customer relations number is 1-888-939-0909. They can tell you whether you are covered and if so, tell them the dealer would not assist you.The only time a seat belt is not covered (in the US) is when it is defective because of user error. i.e. your child stuck a penny in it, your dog chewed through it, etc.

That number didn't work for me, it redirected me to another number which also didn't work:annoyed:

Add-dee 06-09-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nersh7 (Post 12081280)
That number didn't work for me, it redirected me to another number which also didn't work:annoyed:

Try google?...

aznboi2424 06-09-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Add-dee (Post 12081144)
I would like to add one more:

auto accident, dealer or manufacture is not responsible for replacing this at no charge i.e. insurance would be. the only time this is not true for a dealer is if you took you auto to them through an insurance claim and they overlooked this problem or just neglected it altogether.

my car has been in an accident before (salvage) and the dealer replaced my passenger buckle without hesitation.

Add-dee 06-10-2010 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by aznboi2424 (Post 12082139)
my car has been in an accident before (salvage) and the dealer replaced my passenger buckle without hesitation.

Was the seat belt "per inspection guidelines" for reinstatement replaced ( i would have to imagine it was), also was the seat belt OEM? do you know? If the seat belt was not replaced after the accident then the dealer nor HoA has no liability and is technically not responsible for the SRS in your vehicle.
Regardless I am impressed that you did not have to jump through hoops. (I base this on experience with my Civic [pre-owned certified from Honda] I had to make 7rl calls to HoA.)

Nersh7 06-21-2010 08:07 PM

bump, I think I just want to do this myself. my dealer is a bag of douche.

Anybody know how to fix this?