RBC Intake Manifold Setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
RBC Intake Manifold Setup

Installing my RBC intake manifold with stock RSX Type S 310cc injectors this evening.
I do have the Skunks2 headers on as well.
Hoping to make decent numbers, actual numbers will be posted soon after.
Anyone ever install the RBC? Level of difficulty? Customizing needed with actual IM? Hoping to make it as smooth as possible...lol
Old 07-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Cruisin'

Also i will be using FlashPro on my brothers Dyno Dynamics with the lastest software update...$15 just for the upgrade alone...but its actually really dope...nice graphics and looks legit asf..lol
Old 07-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Cruisin'

$15k, sorry not $15.00...hhaha
Old 07-29-2015, 02:37 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
There's a thread somewhere on here where someone documented his RBC install process, what went right and what went wrong. I think it was ttk5. Do a search for threads started by him to get you going.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 07-29-2015, 02:38 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by xtcnrice
There's a thread somewhere on here where someone documented his RBC install process, what went right and what went wrong. I think it was ttk5. Do a search for threads started by him to get you going.

Let us know how it goes!

Yea saw a couple threads and read thru them, but no def answers.
I'll ded keep you guys posted tho on the outcomes.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:38 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
in for results
Old 08-12-2015, 05:59 PM
Cruisin'

CU2 - Finished RBC Swap and TUNE

After some custom work on the RBC IM and ect,
my ending numbers are : 193whp w/146lbs tq. (@any other shop I'd prob be making 215-225whp, due to latest software and dyno calibration updates.)
-RBC IM w/OEM Si TB.
-S2 Headers
-Intake
-2010 TSX 6spd
-Dyno Dynamics (with lastest $15k software updates and latest calibrations)
-TUNED at my brothers shop : SM Speed - Blaine, MN
-Tuned by Jordan S.

Last edited by MNTSXClub_CU2; 08-12-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:22 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Congrats on getting it done! I'll bet that whole gasket mess was a huge buzzkill...

How's the response of the car? Any before/after dyno sheets, or just the after? I'm curious as to how the RBC IM affects the whole power band, not just the top end peak values.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Cruisin'

It def needs a reflash and or a tune in order to function correctly, otherwise the stock ecu will read air flow incorrectly and throw emissions code. But after tune, wowww...like night and day difference. Top end acceleration is awesome and rev hang gone. I'm boosting by spring, just wanted some foundation to build on. But I'm extremely happy...even tho there was chaos and luckily i had onsite welders to take care of the custom work. But i would highly recommend to any tsx owner!!
The following users liked this post:
xtcnrice (08-13-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 05:33 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Originally Posted by MNTSXClub_CU2
It def needs a reflash and or a tune in order to function correctly, otherwise the stock ecu will read air flow incorrectly and throw emissions code. But after tune, wowww...like night and day difference. Top end acceleration is awesome and rev hang gone. I'm boosting by spring, just wanted some foundation to build on. But I'm extremely happy...even tho there was chaos and luckily i had onsite welders to take care of the custom work. But i would highly recommend to any tsx owner!!
That sounds great! Would you mind outlining all the required parts/modifications? Are there other RBC IM gasket options, or just the one you got that ended up being plastic? I might be interested in this in the far far future
Old 08-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Cruisin'

The one thats suppose to work Axion sells as a kit for $135 on the website. The only IM gasket they sell by itself is the one I got and leaked. I WISH they'd sell the aluminum one separately so save ppl the headache, but oh well. So if you get the kit, then you should be good. Otherwise you can use stock TSX gasket or RBC IM gasket, you'll just have to weld shut part of the hole on the IM since it has an "oval shape" design. I ended up getting RSX Type-S injectors and harness clips from a hookup and wired them cleanly to my fuel rail and are using them for RBC IM. Stock injectors are too big and you'll have to spend extra money getting adapters from PRL just to use your stocks. I'm boosting in spring, so it would have been a waste of time for me to get the adapters, when I'll be using 1000-1100cc injectors by spring...lol
You will need coolant and vacuum hoses extended in this setup. I'm using my stock tsx CAI on the Si TB and had to use smaller couplings for that to attach correctly. CAI sit close to the ECU but it's snugg so no issues at all. Other than those small mods, you'll love the RBC, I know I do.
I did some late night pulls with a buddy of mine, and he use to hang with me from 3rd gear dig 45mph to the top of 3rd into 4th b4 i slowly pulled a car length away and stayed there...lastnight same scenerio and I instant pulled with vtec set at 4500rpms...he was next to me for 2 secs and I pulled away hard and far...i let off at about 5 cars way...we did this 3 times, since he was not happy with the differences...he had just gotten head work and new piston rings done...so he was expecting less.
All i have is CAI, S2 headers, RBC IM and flashpro tuned....
Lmk if you need anything else.

Last edited by MNTSXClub_CU2; 08-13-2015 at 01:58 PM.
xtcnrice (08-13-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 03:32 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

<p>
Originally Posted by MNTSXClub_CU2
The one thats suppose to work Axion sells as a kit for $135 on the website. The only IM gasket they sell by itself is the one I got and leaked. <strong> I WISH they'd sell the aluminum one</strong> separately so save ppl the headache, but oh well. So if you get the kit, then you should be good. Otherwise you can use <strong>stock TSX gasket or RBC IM gasket, you'll just have to weld shut part of the hole on the IM since it has an &quot;oval shape&quot; design.</strong> I ended up getting RSX Type-S injectors and harness clips from a hookup and wired them cleanly to my fuel rail and are using them for RBC IM. Stock injectors are too big and you'll have to spend extra money getting <strong>adapters from PRL</strong> just to use your stocks. I'm boosting in spring, so it would have been a waste of time for me to get the adapters, when I'll be using 1000-1100cc injectors by spring...lol You will need <strong>coolant and vacuum hoses extended</strong> in this setup. I'm using my stock tsx CAI on the Si TB and had to use smaller couplings for that to attach correctly. CAI sit close to the ECU but it's snugg so no issues at all. Other than those small mods, you'll love the RBC, I know I do. I did some late night pulls with a buddy of mine, and he use to hang with me from <strong>3rd gear dig 45mph to the top of 3rd into 4th b4 i slowly pulled a car length away and stayed there</strong>...lastnight same scenerio and I instant pulled with vtec set at 4500rpms...he was next to me for 2 secs and I pulled away hard and far...i let off at about 5 cars way...we did this 3 times, since he was not happy with the differences...he had just gotten head work and new piston rings done...so he was expecting less. All i have is <strong>CAI, S2 headers, RBC IM and flashpro tuned</strong>.... Lmk if you need anything else.
Appreciate you putting the time in writing that!&nbsp;</p>
MNTSXClub_CU2 (08-13-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by xtcnrice
<p>Appreciate you putting the time in writing that!&nbsp;</p>
Its ok, if you do this setup and need detailed info I missed on the post simply pm me and I'll give you my number and I'd be glad to take you step by step. No worries, i want other tsx owners to not have to go thru all the unknown hassle. There's not enuff data in regards to mods on our year so someone's gotta do it and share to create awareness.
The following 2 users liked this post by MNTSXClub_CU2:
minhdung1911 (08-13-2015), xtcnrice (08-13-2015)
Old 08-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
will you be going to any other dyno to see if you get those numbers? i'd love to see a graph if you do =)
Old 08-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by SleEper_Cu2
will you be going to any other dyno to see if you get those numbers? i'd love to see a graph if you do =)

yes i will...i can already account for +30-35 or -30-35hp on other dyno jets or dyno dynamics. When the DynoDynamics rep flew out to our shop here in MN, he literally said we're the only shop in the nation thats upgrading to the new software and the dyno calibrations will be wayyy more accurate. Like any machine made by man, sooner or later it will have to be re-told what to do and how to do it. when I was bone stock the week i bought the car, I dyno'd on a dynojet i made 175hp...om our dyno i made 145hp and was upset. days later my older brother said "its just numbers, they can read apples or oranges and it wouldn't matter. what would matter is me as your brother telling you you make 175hp then you off and get walked by a car that makes 130-140 tuned on our dyno, so you take your pick"...
It makes sense, and I get it, so I tell all my tsx and TL club members the same thing, aim low and get high...or get low and beat high...i use the same analogy to them and they all seem to follow and stoked about getting tunes in.
Old 08-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
awesome =) i been wanting to dyno but everybody was busy because Honday day.... maybe this upcoming weekend =P
Old 08-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by SleEper_Cu2
awesome =) i been wanting to dyno but everybody was busy because Honday day.... maybe this upcoming weekend =P
Awesome, I so want to attend a H Day event, I heard its huge!!!!
But yea, lmk what you make ok.
Whats ur setup, are you 6spd?
Old 08-14-2015, 10:17 AM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
<p>145hp doesn't seem right at all. I agree with your apples to oranges comparison. And what really matters is getting the numbers from the same dyno to see the net gain... but it's a pretty well known fact that K24 tsx/accord/civic are all putting ~170 ~175 to the wheels. Just my two cents.. but it seems like there is still some calibration to be done.</p>
Old 08-14-2015, 10:24 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
<p>145hp doesn't seem right at all. I agree with your apples to oranges comparison. And what really matters is getting the numbers from the same dyno to see the net gain... but it's a pretty well known fact that K24 tsx/accord/civic are all putting ~170 ~175 to the wheels. Just my two cents.. but it seems like there is still some calibration to be done.</p>
I agree...
but at 175 my ran like shtt...and at 145 baselines with flashpro with no tune my car felt faster...thats my honest opinion. Redid some races with my guys, and the results were stunning..same cars...same digs...different results. That's all i can say..
I'd by happy to tell ppl 145hp...as long as my car feel doesnt change and the results stay the same=)
Old 08-14-2015, 02:22 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
<p>I mean... I totally get that when you're on the road you're getting better results than before.</p><p>But, you're talking about ~60 hp loss on an MT transverse FWD car. Those numbers don't make too much sense man. There's not that much drivetrain loss. You see that kind of loss on an AWD system, or a longitudinal mounted engine. Anyway, that's my last &quot;little push&quot; to get your brother to look into all the calibration settings. Can't wait to see your boosted setup in the spring. I look forward to welcoming you to the small club! </p>
Old 08-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts
<p>Dyno Dynamics are notorious for reading low, thus the &quot;aka&quot; heartbreak dyno. A quick google search has others reporting the same thing.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The key is getting your runs done on the same dyno to show HP gains between base and mods added. 14x to 19x from a intake manifold change, downpipe&nbsp;+ tune&nbsp;is pretty sweet.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Last edited by ulrblitzer; 08-14-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ssjoeboe9
<p>I mean... I totally get that when you're on the road you're getting better results than before.</p><p>But, you're talking about ~60 hp loss on an MT transverse FWD car. Those numbers don't make too much sense man. There's not that much drivetrain loss. You see that kind of loss on an AWD system, or a longitudinal mounted engine. Anyway, that's my last &quot;little push&quot; to get your brother to look into all the calibration settings. Can't wait to see your boosted setup in the spring. I look forward to welcoming you to the small club! </p>
Forsure, thanks for the insight. I too look forward to the boost setup over winter and much love to all of us in this small group...lol
I'll keep you all posted.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ulrblitzer
<p>Dyno Dynamics are notorious for reading low, thus the &quot;aka&quot; heartbreak dyno. A quick google search has others reporting the same thing.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>The key is getting your runs done on the same dyno to show HP gains between base and mods added. 14x to 19x from a intake manifold change, downpipe&nbsp;+ tune&nbsp;is pretty sweet.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>
totally agree bro, thanks.