Ktuner- The first tuning solution for the 4G TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by 00laguna
i loaded up the base map , def noticed a difference from 4500-7100 rpm. i will get it tuned soon.
could you be more specific?

what kind of a difference? are we talking 5hp that you know is there, or something more substantial??? i'd like to believe there is some substantial power that Acura didn't give us because they were trying to be conservative, or meet smog standards, etc.... but i'm skeptical.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll prob get turbogixr to email tune it. Mods are takeda intake sprint boost p2r intake manifold and throttle body spacers and thermal gaskets coolant by pass on throttle body ur light weight crank pulley xlr8 j pipe and magnaflow mufflers with stock tips . Hopefully this week I'll install my hfpc . Maybe later on I might upgrade to xlr8 cat back
The following users liked this post:
KarKraze (06-24-2015)
Old 06-24-2015, 07:46 AM
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by sympley
Hello,

I just got the Ktuner, connected it all works great except I can not do fuel tuning? Can you guys see the fuel tuning table on your software? I can only select ignition, and some other options but no fuel?

My ecu is in the proper range as compatible, the proper tune is opened. It is missing in both the base factory tune, and the base with intake/exhaust.

Please help with any suggestions.
You're looking for a map titled "Fuel" that doesn't exist on your platform because the TLs aren't setup for speed density fueling from the factory. They use mass airflow fueling. Mass airflow calibration is on the mass airflow tab and WOT enrichment can be used to alter your fueling targets at WOT. MAF calibration can be tricky so if you're not sure how to work with MAF there is a lot of research out there or you can consult a professional tuner for help.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:59 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 23109VC
could you be more specific?

what kind of a difference? are we talking 5hp that you know is there, or something more substantial??? i'd like to believe there is some substantial power that Acura didn't give us because they were trying to be conservative, or meet smog standards, etc.... but i'm skeptical.
im waiting to actually get a tune to see is it worth it. im a hp junkie so i like the power realistically 5-10 on base map but im still on my stock cats. power comes on stronger and winds up nice to 7100rpm never running out of steam. the avg person might think its costly for the amount of gain from a base map. but its the potential you get from the unit. then again the tl is not a race car.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:00 PM
CLS^6

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Just an update.

The K Tuner site does provide the name of a local Vancouver BC company that will do the install. They have spoken to K Tuner and I will be booking a session in the next couple of weeks.

I am hoping there is a nice 10 AWHP gain. I would be okay with that.

Mods:
- CTE
- XLR8 V2 J Piple

I am not going to do HFPC or PCD for now.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:02 PM
CLS^6

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by suspekt360
Just an update.

The K Tuner site does provide the name of a local Vancouver BC company that will do the install. They have spoken to K Tuner and I will be booking a session in the next couple of weeks.

I am hoping there is a nice 10 AWHP gain. I would be okay with that.

Mods:
- CTE
- XLR8 V2 J Piple

I am not going to do HFPC or PCD for now.
To add: They will do the install and then do a street tune. They dont have an all wheel dyno.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by vtec314
So I got mine and I did it myself. I recommend it to anyone that is interested in this product. Its safe and amazing ! Thank you Ktuner!
any updates on amazing?
Old 06-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Cyberathlete101

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
To add: They will do the install and then do a street tune. They dont have an all wheel dyno.
would it be possible to get the name of the Tuner in Vancouver who can install/Tune this bad boy?

thanks in advance
Old 06-29-2015, 10:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm curious to see if anyone had their cars dyno'd before/after the Ktune. I know there's gains to be had in that engine, and just want to know what to expect with what mods if possible.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Definitely let us know once you have your tune. Having dyno numbers would be ideal, but if you notice a big difference I think that would finalize many peoples' decision to purchase.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:34 PM
Intermediate

I looked at my tuners website for my Civic (Vitviper), who does Etunes. He does support Ktune but not 4G TL's, at least not yet. I don't know if he's active on these boards, but I'd be interested to see if that's something he's willing to undertake.

Last edited by Jayro; 06-29-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:25 PM
Instructor

He will if you email him.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Finally got the courage to do the ECU flash with the KTuner (Tune#1) Kit I purchased. All went very well without a hitch. Exactly as per KTuner tutorial videos on their website.

So far did some logging an posted on their forum hoping to get some minor pointers how to tweak it to get rid of few areas where I am going a bit lean.

Once that is under control, I am putting in a manifold spacer with a thermal gasket and then to the proper tuner it goes.

Going by the butt dyno, car seems to be pulling stronger and seems to be more smooth.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
would it be better to purchase KTuner tune first or PCD's? Which will provide more power?
Old 06-30-2015, 12:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sympley
Finally got the courage to do the ECU flash with the KTuner (Tune#1) Kit I purchased. All went very well without a hitch. Exactly as per KTuner tutorial videos on their website.

So far did some logging an posted on their forum hoping to get some minor pointers how to tweak it to get rid of few areas where I am going a bit lean.

Once that is under control, I am putting in a manifold spacer with a thermal gasket and then to the proper tuner it goes.

Going by the butt dyno, car seems to be pulling stronger and seems to be more smooth.
Glad to hear you're starting off well.

I mentioned this on the forum and I think everyone with an intake should know the fuel trims are reset when you flash. That means if your intake sizing is throwing fueling off the ECU will need some time to learn in order to try to correct that after a flash.

You can tell if this will be the case when you connect to the ECU for the first time and start logging, before you flash a tune in. Find Long Term Trim in the data list. If it's more than a few percent positive or negative then your intake has been throwing fueling off and the ECU will need some time to correct after a flash once those are reset.

The best option with an intake is having a professional correct the MAF curve for the intake via tuning or e-tuning. Just letting the ECU try to correct will not be perfect and the tune will likely be off by a little bit no matter what if it goes uncorrected.

If you do log first please post which intake you have and what the long term fuel trim reads before you flash so everyone can get a broader idea of which intakes are better or worse as far as MAF sizing.

Last edited by KSeriesTuner; 06-30-2015 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
If we can mess with the redline, is there anyway to change how the computer shifts from 1st to 2nd in the '12-'14 auto awd TLs?? After installing the Takeda intake, it was as this lag was worse..

I've since removed the intake, but may install one again now that this tuner is out! Opinions on whether or not it would be worth buying if I just have the xlr8 v2 j-pipe (and possible Takeda SRI)?? Does anyone have just intake and exhaust mods with the tune and have any noticeable gains?

This is my daily and I rack over 20k miles/yr so I need reliability as well.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:05 PM
Drifting

Received 671 Likes on 541 Posts
Just wanted to mention that I did not go ahead with the dyno tune as planned.

Based on advice from KTuner and Heart TLS I decided to use the services of Kenny at TurboGixxer whom I purchased the unit from.

Both vendors provided excellent customer service since my initial contact with them and Kenny's familiarity with both the software and our platform is also a big plus for me.

I have just started the data logging process and will update from time to time.
The following 2 users liked this post by KarKraze:
KSeriesTuner (06-30-2015), Samba (07-01-2015)
Old 06-30-2015, 09:03 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally!

Any recs on a tuner with AWD dyno in Chicago?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:19 PM
Instructor

RV6 is outside of Chicago and has an AWD dyno.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:21 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by KSeriesTuner
RV6 is outside of Chicago and has an AWD dyno.
Thank you.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm getting tuned at the moment by vitviper.

RV6 j-pipe
RV6 PCDs
Takeda Intake
Old 07-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Intermediate

Just had a good convo with vit, and yes, as mentioned in a previous comments, he'll tune...tho it's not listed on his website. He's talked me out of the tune for now since I've got no mods to speak of this point lol. Still good news for us G4 owners
Old 07-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by beat
I'm getting tuned at the moment by vitviper.

RV6 j-pipe
RV6 PCDs
Takeda Intake
Good Results I hope?
Old 07-04-2015, 10:08 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 421 Likes on 344 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayro
Just had a good convo with vit, and yes, as mentioned in a previous comments, he'll tune...tho it's not listed on his website. He's talked me out of the tune for now since I've got no mods to speak of this point lol. Still good news for us G4 owners
I also have been speaking to Vit and he's gonna do a street tune for me. He quoted me $699 for Ktuner with street tune. Gonna pull the trigger next paycheck.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Cruisin'

Please let us know the outcome.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by KarKraze
Just wanted to mention that I did not go ahead with the dyno tune as planned.

Based on advice from KTuner and Heart TLS I decided to use the services of Kenny at TurboGixxer whom I purchased the unit from.

Both vendors provided excellent customer service since my initial contact with them and Kenny's familiarity with both the software and our platform is also a big plus for me.

I have just started the data logging process and will update from time to time.

First Update

Sharing some results after the first week using the services of Kenny @ Turbogixxer .

I would run some data logs and email it to Kenny, he would look over it,make adjustments and send me a new map, usually within 24 hrs of me sending him a log. I have received three new maps so far and each time I can see improvements in the parameters registered .

The most interesting part of doing the data logs myself is that with my basic knowledge I can monitor the readings and see the results after uploading a new base map.

For example, after uploading the initial base map included in the software I was able to see that my car was running rich ( -14 trim) the ECU was cutting fuel to compensate and knock count was high (14 within 5 minutes of driving). No CEL was triggered because the ECU was making compensation,usually after a +20 to -20 trim a lean or rich code would be triggered.However,even though no CEL was triggered the engine was not running optimally .

Currently, knock count is significantly reduced and the long term fuel trim is close to zero which is where it should be. Each map that I receive produces an improvement and I am looking forward to the completion of the ETune within the next few weeks and the final results.

I often see the first question asked about a tune is "How are the gains?" Personally, I would like to see my engine running optimally knowing that the gains and improvement will be there when these conditions are within spec.

Last edited by KarKraze; 07-05-2015 at 11:03 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by KarKraze:
00laguna (07-05-2015), ALFAQ (07-06-2015), arpypat (07-06-2015), KSeriesTuner (07-05-2015), Pandayo (07-06-2015)
Old 07-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
Very interested on the final outcome as well. If it isn't clear already, the Ktuner currently only comes with a conservative tune to get you on the road. A custom tune like KarKraze is doing is recommended for your specific setup.
The following users liked this post:
KSeriesTuner (07-07-2015)
Old 07-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Intermediate

Anyone else ready for some Dyno results?!?!???

I am checking this thread like 6 times a day... Maybe I should just dew it....

Anyone planning on getting a dyno done with some HP and TQ results??
Old 07-07-2015, 06:17 PM
The Original Shawdy

I just remembered the shop I ordered my Hondata Reflash from for my TSX has an AWD dyno. Within the next month I should have this ordered and tuned.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by carbonTSEX
I just remembered the shop I ordered my Hondata Reflash from for my TSX has an AWD dyno. Within the next month I should have this ordered and tuned.
.... Dude.... Is the shop anywhere near Ohio?

Real question, I read some posts about taking out the drive shaft and dynoing with better results. Anyone have a vote on this? I'm not even sure how that would work correctly with our cars.
I have a feeling our ECU would be pissed!

KTuner, any thoughts for the best results here? Drive shaft in or out.
My goals would be reliability, power, and NO MORE RPM HANG.

(Yes, I know RPM hang is not dependent on the shaft...)
Old 07-08-2015, 12:44 AM
The Original Shawdy

Originally Posted by hurleyman123
.... Dude.... Is the shop anywhere near Ohio?

Real question, I read some posts about taking out the drive shaft and dynoing with better results. Anyone have a vote on this? I'm not even sure how that would work correctly with our cars.
I have a feeling our ECU would be pissed!

KTuner, any thoughts for the best results here? Drive shaft in or out.
My goals would be reliability, power, and NO MORE RPM HANG.

(Yes, I know RPM hang is not dependent on the shaft...)
The shop is called Carb Connections and is located in Kirkland, WA. Not close enough I am afraid. I was speaking with Vit and he mentioned he tuned an Acura RDX by disconnecting the driveshaft and running two wheels on his dyno and it worked. He wasn't sure if it was the same process or not however and he could do a street tune.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:04 AM
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by carbonTSEX
The shop is called Carb Connections and is located in Kirkland, WA. Not close enough I am afraid. I was speaking with Vit and he mentioned he tuned an Acura RDX by disconnecting the driveshaft and running two wheels on his dyno and it worked. He wasn't sure if it was the same process or not however and he could do a street tune.
When I was in Puyallup I know everyone went to Speed Factory. But when I had my integra I use to go Kennewick to KZTUNED.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:01 AM
The Original Shawdy

Yeah there's a lot of shops. The hardest part is finding the AWD dyno. Carb connections is 15 minutes from my house. Speed factory is an hour. There was also Intec racing in Kent but not sure if they are still in business.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Intermediate

I guess I wasn't sure if it would be more accurate with the shaft out for the dyno tune or not...

Can you ask Vit why he took the shaft out with the RDX while tuning? I'm sure there is a reason besides higher HP numbers...
Old 07-08-2015, 03:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by hurleyman123
I guess I wasn't sure if it would be more accurate with the shaft out for the dyno tune or not...

Can you ask Vit why he took the shaft out with the RDX while tuning? I'm sure there is a reason besides higher HP numbers...
Probably that it was a FWD/RWD dyno and the RDX was AWD?
Old 07-08-2015, 06:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Probably that it was a FWD/RWD dyno and the RDX was AWD?
Most likely.

The way the SH system is set up even a Dynapack at each of the four wheels will not produce accurate readings. You will probably get one good pull, after that the Sh AWD warning light will come on and the system goes all screwy producing inconsistent numbers.

You need to run our car on a linked dyno such as the MD-AWD 500.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:47 PM
The Original Shawdy

Yes that is correct. He has a 2WD dyno.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Shout out to Kenny from Turbogixxer. He gave me a great deal for the kit. Next, gonna get P2R spacers for the throttle body and intake manifold. Get a fresh oil change and off to the dyno it goes. I talked with a local shop with an awd dyno and he says there should be no issues getting it tuned with the ktuner software or with the 4G for that matter. I won't have it done until my next oil change though and I'm at 60%. Most likely end of summer or beginning of fall so results will have to wait.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
oil change is stopping you....hmmmn...ok
Old 07-10-2015, 11:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
Well yea, fresh oil change will make the engine perform better as opposed to "old" oil.

Quick Reply: Ktuner- The first tuning solution for the 4G TL